Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Moving a Telstra pit & extending crossover

Page 2 of 2
Well I had to extend my crossover and thanks to the council I had to replace the drain with a grate and it cost me $5000, $2000 alone for the custome made grate

I would avoid it if you can, but one does want a functional driveway and one thing I know is its never cheap to move telstra pits, especially big ones as they may have to extend the cables as it maybe a junction point in it. If you can get foxtel & cable internet via a telstra cable you dont want to move a double pit as it will have a junction in it and possible an amplifier, big bucks to change that around
If its not too late, find out if you can flip your house plan so that the garage is on the opposite side.
ashas
Could you let me know how you went with this issue? Were Telstra able to move the pit? Were there any other issues involved?

I don’t know that we are going to bother now, it would make for a much more practical entrance to the driveway, but the costs are just too great to warrant us doing it. As long as I can get 2 cars in the garage and 2 cars in the driveway, we’ll just make do with the single crossover. If we do go ahead I will let you now how we go.
rosemi
If its not too late, find out if you can flip your house plan so that the garage is on the opposite side.

We start building in the next week or so, so yeah, it’s too late now.
Related
8/11/2023
Extending already approved patio

Renovation + Home Improvement

If your patio is going to be 35 sqm then that's going to need Council Approval. The fact that they previously approved your 25sqm patio will be irelevant

18/01/2024
Scaffolding extending over my property

General Discussion

Ask for some kickplate to be added and also for tradies to be requested to use lanyards on tools on that side of the building. Be respectful and have the discussion…

9/03/2024
Extending Brick Warehouse Up

General Discussion

There is insufficient information to give a meaningful answer. You should talk to council planning. Apart from building construction issues, if you are adding floor area…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum