Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our story so far. Foxley 26 Updated 30/1/10 - Tiled!

Page 2 of 3
Another update...

We went out for a look on Sunday and were pleased to find the cabinets installed... which I think means the fix is just about completed. We are a bit backwards though since the bricking isn't done yet, so we aren't at lock up!

Here are some pictures

Last weekend, cabinets delivered:

This weekend:
Kitchen:

Laundry

Bathroom

Ensuite

The doors and architraves have been delivered so I guess thats next!
Looking really good
i was worng on the brickies! i thought they had completed saturday. was there yesterday and they were progressing well.

the photos are great, maybe you will be having christmas turkey at williams landing!
Looks great
Our house is being built inside out like yours. Although the bricks have started now. Good luck and I hope you get in by Xmas that would be great.
cotbfamily
i was worng on the brickies! i thought they had completed saturday. was there yesterday and they were progressing well.

the photos are great, maybe you will be having christmas turkey at williams landing!

They are definetely finished now, we just got a rather large invoice
Looks great..

The ensute basins look awesome...they look like ordinary bowls you eat from!!
Salt&PepperMkII
Looks great..

The ensute basins look awesome...they look like ordinary bowls you eat from!!

I'm not really sure about those yet- I remember them being rounder in the show room, if you know what I mean. Hopefully with some taps and tiles they will fit in a bit more!
Not much news of late im affraid, seems things slow down quite a bit once fix has finished (looking through the windows anyway), we do have a first coat of paint though. Ohhhh, i almost forgot the SWIMMING POOL that has taken over our ensuite, master bedroom and study! Yep we passed by to have a quick look on sunday and it seems that there are some roof tiles and/or flashing that has not been installed properly resulting in melbournes last random downpour leaking into the master/ensuite and study, what a mess. Has anyone else had this problem before and was it promptly fixed?
gumboots
Not much news of late im affraid, seems things slow down quite a bit once fix has finished (looking through the windows anyway), we do have a first coat of paint though. Ohhhh, i almost forgot the SWIMMING POOL that has taken over our ensuite, master bedroom and study! Yep we passed by to have a quick look on sunday and it seems that there are some roof tiles and/or flashing that has not been installed properly resulting in melbournes last random downpour leaking into the master/ensuite and study, what a mess. Has anyone else had this problem before and was it promptly fixed?

That's so true mate! Its like they rush to get to Fixing stage then, when they have 90% of your money, its time for a tea break...
gumboots
....we passed by to have a quick look on sunday and it seems that there are some roof tiles and/or flashing that has not been installed properly resulting in melbournes last random downpour leaking into the master/ensuite and study, what a mess. Has anyone else had this problem before and was it promptly fixed?

Don't worry about it - our house is finished and we've been in for 12 months and we had indoor water features on Thursday.
It was just way too much rain in too short a time for the stormwater system to cope with. Your house isn't finished, so there are probably still things that need fixing up to make it properly watertight. Often the plumber hasn't quite finished the flashing, or it gets dislodged by tradies doing other things.

Mention it to your SS and ask him what needs to be done.... I'm sure he's on top of it, but it never hurts to ask.
Well, we have been away for the last 2 weeks so when we got back we thought would drive past and check the progress, we were told tiles would be finished. Apparently not, the ceiling in the master bedroom had collapsed under the pressure of the water that was leaking through the absent flashing and pooling inside. We told our SS about the water leak 3 weeks ago and nothing was done until yesterday, we did have a change of SS though. Painting was stopped 3 weeks ago so the ceiling could be replaced, so nothing has been done for the last 3 weeks apart from our quantum quartz benchtop being installed which looks rather nice!
Collapsed?????

Omg! That's terrible!! I know they'll fix it but still- heartbreaking to see your cieling on the floor

Hope it gets made good as new for you asap
Felistopher
Collapsed?????

Omg! That's terrible!! I know they'll fix it but still- heartbreaking to see your cieling on the floor

Hope it gets made good as new for you asap

They have been and fixed it all up now, more heartbreaking to be set back 3 weeks

Ah well, onwards and hopefully upwards from here!
Just caught up on your thread. Love all the pics. Sorry to hear about the water leak
SS should have got onto the major leak asap to avoid the collapse. Where did they think all the water would end up?! At least it's all fixed now. Look forward to seeing the rest of the build - not long to go now!!!
Unfortunately, the freak storm caused damage to a huge number of properties, and I know that all the roof plumbers in Melbourne were flat out dealing with the damage - that would no doubt extend to other trades too. PD's maintenance team couldn't get enough tradies to cope with the demand, and I'm sure the construction people were in the same boat.

We had a small roof leak in our ensuite, due to loose flashing, that was reported the day before the storm, and it was only fixed yesterday - that was the earliest the plumbing company could send someone around thanks to all the extra work they had.

It's frustrating and upsetting when things like this happen, but it's nobody's fault. If you look at the big picture, in the scheme of things, a collapsed ceiling in a house that's still under construction is a pretty small issue. Imagine yourself in my sister's boat - her 20-year old home was hit so hard by the storm that they have a massive insurance claim to replace smashed windows, dislodged roof tiles, all the upstairs carpet, the downstairs living room ceiling and a lot more.... and they're living in the place.

Hopefully your SS will make up time somewhere else so you're still finished on time. If not, at least you get paid liquidated damages. PD are good in that respect, no arguments about giving you what you're entitled to.

Your cabinet colours look great - I love the dark rear panel on your kitchen island.
It looks like we will still being in before we get to thinking about liquidated damages so I can't complain too much.

The reason we were so annoyed is that the flashing wasn't installed at all - they decided the risk of rain in November was low enough to justify skipping the installation at the correct step.

Like you said though kek, it could have been much worse! Your poor sister, I hope everything gets sorted out for her quickly.

We bought some furniture today, a modular lounge for the rumpus and a couple of couches for the family room, plus some beautiful bar stools I saw on the internet and which I am having made for substantially less. All the furniture is getting made to order so it won't be ready for when we move in but hopefully we won't be on beanbags for too long. I just hope it all matches with the carpet - we haven't seen it since our selections 10 months ago and it seems they changed the name for the lines used for Porter Davis, so we can't find it in stores
Anyway its all neutrals so we can't go too wrong!
I saw a guy installed your garage door on Thursday (7/1/10). Looks good.

Some tradies worked on your house on Friday (8/1), not sure what they did as the house didn't look any different to me
Thanks for the update David, we are so far away its good to know whats going on without the 15 phone calls required to get through to the CSC and SS or go all the way over.

I noticed the garage door on Friday when I dropped in, it hasn't been wired yet though so I can't see it down. I didn't know it pulled down though!

I think from what I saw on Friday inside they replaced a cornice in the fridge cavity and put a vent in the master bedroom roof
Time for an update!

Well they jumped straight back into work after the christmas break and the house is starting to look like a real, liveable home.

The tiles, plumbing and electrical have been all but completed and now the main things left are carpet, splashbacks/shower screens/mirrors and some finishing up of painting. They even did a quick clean, which I assume is so the carpet can be laid.

Pics!

Kitchen/family/dining - the burnished wood at the back looks great now all the plaster dust is gone

From the entry

Master ensuite - funny thing here. We were told we could have mirror all the way to the cabinet rather than a tiled splashback, but a few months later they came back and made us pick tiles for a tiled splashback instead. It was a bit rushed but we ended up choosing to use the floor tile (wet cement) as the tiled splashback. When we went around last weekend, we realised there is less light coming in to the ensuite than we thought and it was going to look terrible. I was too late in calling our SS the next business day to ask for the lighter wall tiles instead and the tiler had already finished as per the plan. Anyway, I got a call Wednesday morning and the plumbers had plumbed in for a tower mixer to the basins through the cabinet instead of wall mounted. To fix it, they had to rip off the wall tiles and plaster and our SS was nice enough to have the tiler replace the tiles with the lighter colour. So luckily, we ended up getting what we wanted and it now looks alot better.

Main bathroom:

Laundry:

Alfresco, now with fan:

Lastly, the master bedroom which is a bit behing the 8 ball. You can see where the roof collapsed and had to be replaced since the painters haven't been back yet. They also had only done one coat when it happened then stopped. They are supposed to be back next week to paint the render, downpipes and front door so I think they'll finish this up then.

Love that it's pic heavy. Looking good.
Were those basins standard or an upgrade, I love them
Related
22/02/2024
Latch too far from the frame to grab

Windows & Doors

The OP has gone The latch and striker are definitely not aligned but there was no point trying to help the OP understand that. Hence the reason they are no longer with us.

20/06/2023
Gutter cleaning tools for concrete tiled roof.

General Discussion

No, I even have sections of narrowness where the tiles won't slide up any further. When I manage some spare time, I might play around with the first DIY part of my…

24/02/2024
Surfmist tiled roof - unsure about gutter colour

General Discussion

Thank you so much. We ended going with the terrain that’s part of our brick.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum