Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 2 of 364
Our Riverton 30 came back with a 6.3 star energy rating, the only energy efficient upgrade we did was from 3 to 5 star heating.

The house suits our block perfectly though with its north facing back yard and having all the living areas in the north.
sanmark1
we had this issue also as we originally picked a corner lot too.... but we decided to go for the change of block and stay with the riverton 27, we loved the house design too much!!

By thw way great idea S&P to do an official thread instead of everyone all over the place!!

Great to see your that dedicated to the Riverton!!

Thanks, it will be so much easier for info about Carlisle now..

Zerosignal
Our Riverton 30 came back with a 6.3 star energy rating, the only energy efficient upgrade we did was from 3 to 5 star heating.

The house suits our block perfectly though with its north facing back yard and having all the living areas in the north.

6.3 energy rating!!? Thats fantastic, I think ours is just the standard rating.

We didnt even pay attention to the north facing, east living areas, blah blah.. no idea what thats all about..

But could you help me figure if we have the right house? The back of our house (Atlantique) faces the Sun.. that is, the solar panel is on the back.. where 2 minor bedrooms are and the rumpus. Should we have gotten a different design like the Pagoda or Monaco, that have alfrescos/living areas at the back, instead of alfresco on side??

Im clueless.......
**UPDATE**

If anyone is looking for a new home to build, you should have a closer look at Carlisle Homes. Theyve just updated the website with the new floorplans!!! Heres my take on them.

The Chalais 35 http://www.carlislehomes.com.au/trange/chalais.html

- 35 square double storey home for people on a tighter budget - I much prefer this one than the downsized Prominence 38..Prominence 35
- I like the funky curvy entry way.. vague reminder of the Metro 51.
- Like the configuration and placement of the lounge/powder/study end.
- Meals room doesnt look functional.. its in between the Family and Kitchen
- On paper, the Kitchen doesnt look as appealing, not a fan of U shaped kitchens... Pantry is awfully small, a cavity slider would work so much better in this case
- Rumpus is a good size and well located..
- The location of the Laundry is very good and convenient - with access to garage, although I do think the distance between the internal garage access door and front door is large..
- Alfresco is also well located, but I question the fact that they didnt extend this right to the far back wall, to make it in line??
- Upper level is adequate in my opinion.. except the bathroom is extremely pokey and small.. But the rest of the upper level is very good.. remember this is a smaller double storey.

Overall, the Chalais is a well thought out design!!

The Newington 36 http://www.carlislehomes.com.au/trange/newington.html

- Measures 36 squares - another double storey home in the T Range
- On first glimpse of this plan, it looks like a miniature Bordeaux 40!!
- Good design work with the standard double entry doors
- Nice and wide entryway
- Lounge and Study I think are well located, but really depends on clients' use of each room
- Alfresco/Kitchen/Meals/Rumpus/Family setup is a huge reminder of the Vogue/Bordeaux 40 designs. This setup has been used in many Carlisle houses.. Its original and it works!!
- Kitchen looks almost identical to the Bordeaux kitchen. Although the pantry is slightly smaller.
- Again the Laundry location is very good in my opinion.
- Upper level is sufficient. Standout is the size of the Master Bedroom.

Overall, a fantastic new floorplan.

The Genesis 26 http://www.carlislehomes.com.au/trange/genesis.html

- 26 square single storey T Range home
- Upon first glimpse of this design, I can see alot of the same elements used in other Carlisle floorplans.
- Entry niche (further down) reminds me of the Eden/Monaco/Montrose/Madison.
- Master Bedroom setup is adequate and average, shame the ensuite doesnt have double vanity. These days, thats a must have inclusion!!!
- The dual access to bedroom hallway is a reminder of the same in the Riverton. It looks very effective and convenient.
- Kitchen could be a bit bigger to me
- The WC is in a good location, this is where it should be. It acts as a normal toilet and a powder room substitute, because of its closeness to the entry. See that niche section to the left of the WC?? Make that a part of the WC and voile, powder room!!!
- Meals/Family setup is similar to that of Aston 26 and Rothwell designs.

Overall, the Genesis is yet another excellent floorplan by Carlisle!!

The Montana 29 http://www.carlislehomes.com.au/trange/montana.html

- 29 square single storey home in T Range
- looks like a mini Atlantique.. never knew they would be able to downsize the Atlantique from 36 to 32 now to 29 with the Montana!!
- unfortunately no double entry doors
- ensuite is adequate - note there is no spa in T Range houses, theres also a good sized WIR
- Entry is a good size, very similar to Atlantique's hallway.. powder room is missing.
- Lounge/Alfresco setup is same as Atlantique. Home Theatre has been swapped to being an open study. Great to see its a Study.. our Atlantique "Home Theatre" is actually used as our study - more realistic.
- Unfortunately no walk in linen presses and pantries.
- Kitchen same as Atlantique, Im wondering how big the island bench is?
- Theres the Carlisle hallmark Ive seen from years back.. the standard Family room niche.
- Rumpus/Meals same as Atlantique, obviously much smaller.
- Bedroom/bathroom setup is good.

The Montana 29.. smart idea to downsize a huge design (Atlantique) to something more affordable for first home buyers and the like. Very good!

Thats the end of my review, cant wait for the homes to open on Saturday!!
I'm confused.. .
.. Didn't you hate them 24 hours ago?

Carlisle need to expand! I know so many people who have loved houses of theirs but aren't in the right build areas
hang on.. that genesis26 looks a modified version of the oxford22.. only added the rumpus and did a bit of play with the wet areas...
for those building the T-range homes from Carlisle.. which upgrades did you get?
Ari
I'm confused.. .

Carlisle need to expand! I know so many people who have loved houses of theirs but aren't in the right build areas
\

Not anymore. See my other thead, problem was solved.. its all good.

draco76
hang on.. that genesis26 looks a modified version of the oxford22.. only added the rumpus and did a bit of play with the wet areas...

Does too...

draco76
for those building the T-range homes from Carlisle.. which upgrades did you get?

Didnt build T Range, someone else will be able to help you.
draco76

we didn't really upgrade too much as the carlisle standard inclusions are awesome. Most of our upgrades were to do with the tiling ing the bathrooms with feature tiles and all. We also upgraded to wood floors through out the main living areas and hallways instead of tiling. The glass splashback paint we chose was also an upgrade as were some of the external paints. We also upgraded the sliding door to the alfresco to a triple sliding door rather than single to open up the outdoor area to the inside of the house. But all in all the inclusions have been so much better than some of the other builders we were looking at. To this point carlisle have been great!
sanmark1
draco76

we didn't really upgrade too much as the carlisle standard inclusions are awesome. Most of our upgrades were to do with the tiling ing the bathrooms with feature tiles and all. We also upgraded to wood floors through out the main living areas and hallways instead of tiling. The glass splashback paint we chose was also an upgrade as were some of the external paints. We also upgraded the sliding door to the alfresco to a triple sliding door rather than single to open up the outdoor area to the inside of the house. But all in all the inclusions have been so much better than some of the other builders we were looking at. To this point carlisle have been great!

Couldnt agree more.

T Range inclusions are great. Affinity inclusions are even better and a step up - spa bath, better appliances, more extravagant facades and more options.

sanmark1, who is your sales consultant and CLE?
draco76

Here is out list of variations to our Riverton, we did approximately $30k worth but you can spend heaps less (and no doubt heaps more), if we just knock out a couple big ticket items the variation costs would drop substantially.

The facades of the T-Range include render, we have paid for extra render but we nearly have a full front facade render - which we may do still if it does not look right once the house is rendered.

We would have looked at the Pagoda 31 but the extra cost (Base Price, Facade Upgrade) would have cost us too much but it is the perfect house for someone with a north backyard.

Anyway.. the list, the big ticket items are coloured.

hi zerosignal.. yeah, the riverton 30 is pretty good, especially the activity room. unfortunately, the will break the bank
(

i don't see any BOLD on your post, does that mean no big ticket items

and what heating upgrade did you do to reach 6.3?

thanks.
draco76
hi zerosignal.. yeah, the riverton 30 is pretty good, especially the activity room. unfortunately, the will break the bank
(

i don't see any BOLD on your post, does that mean no big ticket items

and what heating upgrade did you do to reach 6.3?

thanks.

Changed it from bold to coloured.

I am sure the heating upgrade helped but it is really a minor thing in the scheme of it, I think our good rating just comes down to good orientation on the block. The backyard is 1 degree off perfect due north with all the living areas in the back it optimises sunlight/heat and the Alfresco extension provides shade in summer.

We just upgraded the heater from the 3 star unit to the more efficient 5 star - was approx $800 but in the long run we will recoup that money in running costs.

That is a really good floor plan for a 26 square house, fits on a narrow block as well.

Put a sliding door on the rumpus room, use bed 2 as a study and you have a damn good house.

I still think Carlisle need to put images of all their facades up, often people will decide on a floorplan but the facade tips them over.
Zerosignal youve upgraded your house so much its equivalent to a Affinity house now!! Well done!

Isnt it good to sit back and look at the thousandsof $$$$ you saved...Carlisle raises base prices frequently, our house is now $24,000 more expensive...

I cant see any colour on your list..
Zerosignal

That is a really good floor plan for a 26 square house, fits on a narrow block as well.

Put a sliding door on the rumpus room, use bed 2 as a study and you have a damn good house.

I still think Carlisle need to put images of all their facades up, often people will decide on a floorplan but the facade tips them over.

True, they should show all facades on the site. They should also show photos of all display homes.. for eg there are 2 Rivertons, but only pics of the Lyndhurst one..
Ari
I'm confused.. .

They do need to expand..

Theres been quite a few members on here wanting to build with them but cant.

But just recently, they started building in the North. Thats a good sign.
draco76 are you going to see the Oxford at Brookfield??
Salt&PepperMkII
Couldnt agree more.

T Range inclusions are great. Affinity inclusions are even better and a step up - spa bath, better appliances, more extravagant facades and more options.

Do you mean the sales consultant who sold us the house? We delt with Warren from Marriott Waters. As for the CLE, (you'll have to forgive me - I'm new with all this) I don't know that we have one? We did our colour selection with Laura, and are going to sign the official contracts with Carlisle in November with Jenny. Building is due to start Feb/March next year when the land is titled.
sanmark1
Salt&PepperMkII
Couldnt agree more.

Do you mean the sales consultant who sold us the house? We delt with Warren from Marriott Waters. As for the CLE, (you'll have to forgive me - I'm new with all this) I don't know that we have one? We did our colour selection with Laura, and are going to sign the official contracts with Carlisle in November with Jenny. Building is due to start Feb/March next year when the land is titled.

Yep, we dealt with Warren too... he was great, really helpful.

Your CLE should be Jenny then, as shes doing your contracts.
Salt&PepperMkII
sanmark1
Salt&PepperMkII
Couldnt agree more.

Yep, we dealt with Warren too... he was great, really helpful.

Your CLE should be Jenny then, as shes doing your contracts.

Good to know! I've been hearing these terms for a while now, and wasn't exactly sure what they all meant. Is the CLE the person we deal with through the building process if we have any dramas or something?
CLE stands for Client Liaison Executive. Yes, this is the person you deal with if you have any dramas, theyre always in the office. For building related queries, best to speak to your CS (Construction Supervisor).

Other builders refer to the admin person with different names, you might hear CSO or other on the forum..same thing.
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum