Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Hamilton 278 - Update

Page 2 of 6
Hi Ozzybird
we got our prelim plans back today, so need to make afew more changes and then we will get out estimation for the build, we have already had an estimation, but we altered the plans! again!

Our land settles on the 17th of Aug so hopefully we will be heading to DAP soon after that.. we have a single story next to us aswell which is nice, not too sure of the builder as yet.

Cant wait to see the houses we are all building !
Not far behind us on the land settlement then

We are still undecided about alot of things, everyone seems to be so much more organised that us!

My husband is popping to the council today to see how much they will allow us to move the house forward before we have to pay for relaxation fees. It's all to do with us being on the corner.
For those who are building the Hamilton, how many of you have kept the mirrored doors from the master bedroom to the en-suit?

Well, we have taken then out, added them back in and now I am just really undecided.
ozzybird
For those who are building the Hamilton, how many of you have kept the mirrored doors from the master bedroom to the en-suit?

Well, we have taken then out, added them back in and now I am just really undecided.

We kept the mirrored doors.

Think of the other options:
1. Remove all doors completely (looks nice but no privacy/noisy if someones using the ensuite, also can't cover your walk in if its messy)
2. Use different doors (expensive and swinging doors aren't as user friendly)
3. Use a couple of bi-folding doors (expensive but would look brilliant)
We removed them - the wife wanted to be able to mount a tv on the wall infront of the bed..........bit difficult will those there.

We used a cavity slider for the ensuite & an open entry to the WIR. Give us 12 months of having to keep the WIR tidy & I'm sure we'll want to whack a door on there
Ooohh finally someone building the new Hamilton, I love it

Congratulations on your land, exciting times ahead that's for sure.

We're building the Hamilton 252 and we've altered the WIR/Ensuite quite a bit but we left the mirrored doors on the WIR but we removed them from the Ensuite and left a 1200mm square set opening. In my opinion it looks alot better than having the mirrored doors all the way across and it also allows us to have a tallboy on the wall between the WIR and ensuite opening. My plan is in my thread which is in my sig if you're interested.

All the very best with your build
We got rid of all the mirror doors too. We have a cavity slider on the ensuite & wir as we think we want to use the wall between for a tv. I was also a bit paranoid about steam etc flowing from ensuite to wir so wanted a solid wall between them.

Cheers
Kim
We removed them too and put fixed doors on both the WIR and ensuite. I agree with Kim, the main reason was steam from the ensuite, plus those doors just seemed flimsy and eventually with a lot of opening and closing the rollers would need replacing etc. Just too much bother really
Thanks all, we did remove them for all the same reasons as you guys but then put them back in

Good news, the back pre-approved the loan for the house which is ace
Contracts due to us on the 19th so good timing. We really want to get going now. The guy at Corals seems to think we could be breaking ground by next month, woohoo.

Once you got your contracts, did you/are you able to do anymore changes to the house?
ozzybird
Once you got your contracts, did you/are you able to do anymore changes to the house?

You can & we did - can cost you a bit though.

If it's a major structural change - it's $500. Any other change is $100. The worst one we had was that the portico was completly different from the drawing we supplied them, to the plans they supplied back.
hey ozzy - which bank are you using? cba took 5 weeks to process my formal approval once they had recieved my contracts
We are using NAB, we told our finance lady to get a move on now we have signed off on the land. She took a week and we have pre-approval.

I hope it doesn't take us 5 weeks but we seem to have done good with our finance lady and solicitor. The work with each other regularly, know how each other works and seem to get things done
(hope I'm not tempting fate now).
Fantastic, How exciting to think that you could be started next month!
Has Coral given you any idea how long your plans will be with council?
Have you sent your plans to DAP approval?

Are you doing your own lanscaping plan? I have started ours just not sure if I can doing the "right" thing!
Sorry for all of the questions! Its just so good to have someone else building in the same estate !

Might see you on the lot over the weekend
at
Fantastic, How exciting to think that you could be started next month!
Has Coral given you any idea how long your plans will be with council?
Have you sent your plans to DAP approval?

Are you doing your own lanscaping plan? I have started ours just not sure if I can doing the "right" thing!
Sorry for all of the questions! Its just so good to have someone else building in the same estate !

Might see you on the lot over the weekend

Coral told us approx 4 weeks the plans will be with council. Not sure what DAP is
my brain has gone all fussy with just thinking about everything.

Have you seen the list of plants that the convenant will let you have, native only. To be honest we have only just started thinking about landscaping this week. We are doing our own driveway and landscaping, keeping it very simple but enought to meet their requirements. The gardens will be work in progress for a while I think. Trying to figure out if we can afford a pool

Our aim for this weekend ... finalise our render and roof colours (still haven't chosen them) because Coral said to have them ready for when the contracts come back.

I will keep an eye out for you and say hi.
Hi ozzybird,
Maybe i have the terms wrong.. when i say DAP i mean convenant approval.. I have read so much paper work of late maybe i am starting to make things up

We are doing our own landscaping to, i just bought myself some native gardening books so I am sure this will give me an idea

We are trying to do a pool too, just waiting for final $$$ ..
at
Hi ozzybird,
Maybe i have the terms wrong.. when i say DAP i mean convenant approval.. I have read so much paper work of late maybe i am starting to make things up

We are doing our own landscaping to, i just bought myself some native gardening books so I am sure this will give me an idea

We are trying to do a pool too, just waiting for final $$$ ..

Oh I see, not sure to be honest I will find out.

We have had some good news from Coral today. After a week of them contacting the council, it has been agreed that we don't need to have the house set so far back, it will only be 5.2m, this means the back garden will now be 9.4m which is excellent. Very pleased with this outcome
good news ozzy
much better to have a bigger back garden than a bigger front one
Woo hoo! We received our contract today
Will spend the weekend looking over them and get them back into Coral on Monday.

We now have actual plans of our house now, one's that include our changes and the all important alfresco area. I will pop them on our blog over the weekend.
Way to go Ozzy

Looking forward to seeing your plan & changes!

Cheers
Kim
congrats ozzy!!!!
were you happy with the overall price of the contract and site cost? also, i noticed you entry about caesarstone on the blog - what kind of "marking"?
I am having ice snow c/s, it is a pretty popular product...
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum