Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Perth - Question about after Lock Up?

Page 2 of 2
jenz
AJ1sthome
I would like to know this as well.
I am building with Goodlife homes in Canning Vale.
Our slab was down on 24/3 and the ceiling and cornices are done when we went to check yesterday.
I am guessing the lock up would be this or next week.

Hi AJ1sthome

I am also building with Goodlife homes but in Byford. Just curious which house you are building and how long after prestart etc you got a slab down?

Goodluck

I am Building with goodlife also in byford!!!! We were at lock up two weeks ago they said our PCI would be First week of july then about 10 days after that!!! YAY!!!
Hi Claire bear,
Thanks for the info... So it would only take 5 weeks to PCI from lock up? That is pretty quick...
Our lock up is next week so I am expecting it will take 10 or 12 weeks to PCI.. Hopefully faster than that.. because we have not hear anything yet from the builder yet..
Quote:
Hi AJ1sthome

I am also building with Goodlife homes but in Byford. Just curious which house you are building and how long after prestart etc you got a slab down?

Goodluck

wow thats good news for us aswell i hope.. we had lock up almost 3 weeks ago but we got told middle of july would be our PCI and then handover estimation 1st august. I hope its sooner
hi sese_wa,

we're also NOR- in hocking. maybe we have a different SS who prefers mornings?

we're close to lock up, just got windows in this week
Nicci
wow thats good news for us aswell i hope.. we had lock up almost 3 weeks ago but we got told middle of july would be our PCI and then handover estimation 1st august. I hope its sooner

Nicci,

I checked back the older posts and realised my house is just opposite yours...
what a surprise...

Went to check our house yesterday and realised your garage grano is done.

Also, one more question. Did your neighbour approach you before erect the new fences? Do you know how much she paid for them?

Thank heaps....
Aha well hello there neighbour.. Yes i am so excited.. it goes so quickly. Going to the house tonight so hopefully we can get in and take photos.

Yes we spoke with our neighbour regarding colours and pricing. The best we got was $65 a mtr. Ill pm the guys details to you.. Just mention the area and thats what my neighbour said to do. It cost her about $5600 for all her fencing. We only need one gate and our garage takes up 7s\ish metres i think so thank goodness our quote should be cheaper.

We have neighbours to the right of us now so we can also split the bill straight away with them which im happy about.
Nicci
Aha well hello there neighbour.. Yes i am so excited.. it goes so quickly. Going to the house tonight so hopefully we can get in and take photos.

Yes we spoke with our neighbour regarding colours and pricing. The best we got was $65 a mtr. Ill pm the guys details to you.. Just mention the area and thats what my neighbour said to do. It cost her about $5600 for all her fencing. We only need one gate and our garage takes up 7s\ish metres i think so thank goodness our quote should be cheaper.

We have neighbours to the right of us now so we can also split the bill straight away with them which im happy about.

Ya.. that's right.. the block next to you did have the slab down.. so you can share the fencing costs with them...
save $$$$$...
AJ1sthome
Hi Claire bear,
Thanks for the info... So it would only take 5 weeks to PCI from lock up? That is pretty quick...
Our lock up is next week so I am expecting it will take 10 or 12 weeks to PCI.. Hopefully faster than that.. because we have not hear anything yet from the builder yet..

AJ1sthome,

Yeah thats what our ss told me he rang and gave me dates for when everything was booked for; but they were lazy last week and didnt do anything so i'l get onto them tommrow and see what the hold up was! which estate in byford are you building?
AJ1sthome,

Yeah thats what our ss told me he rang and gave me dates for when everything was booked for; but they were lazy last week and didnt do anything so i'l get onto them tommrow and see what the hold up was! which estate in byford are you building?[/quote]

Wow.. then you have a very nice ss.. We haven't meet the ss so far.. We will meet with him after the lock up. I am building in Canning Vale.
Canningvale. sorry my bad! yeah i met my ss by appointment at my block. He has been really good and i cant fault any of the work done except some of the delays!
Hi AJ1sthome

Goodluck
[/quote]

Hi Jenz,

I am building with goodlife homes as well in byford! we are building the southport promo! We are at lock up!!!!
Quote:
I am building with goodlife homes as well in byford! we are building the southport promo! We are at lock up!!!!

Hi claire bear

I'm building the mariner activity in byford central. I have not started building yet...hoping we get our formal approval this week
Which estate are you building in?
jenz
Quote:

Hi claire bear

I'm building the mariner activity in byford central. I have not started building yet...hoping we get our formal approval this week
Which estate are you building in?

Jenz

We are in byford central also!!!! small world!
Related
20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

18/01/2024
Cost of building 3 x Townhouses after knockdown

General Discussion

multiple occ properties are always billed by trades at a premium, rarely per sqm for the lot. You either have trades you know whoe will do by sqm or youre going to get…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum