Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Electrical Quote - does this sound right?

Page 2 of 2
wow i cant beleive some sparkies charge to fit off downlights..it takes about a minute or less to fit off..and most of the time an apprentice is running around doing them
some of these prices are outrages.. i jstu read someone elses post saying they got a sparky doing lights for $40.00!!
i do them for $55.00 fully installed. ( no fitting )
i would get some other quotes and see if he will match them.. heehee.
70 vs 55 is pretty pretty fair. Remember the builder will need their cut too! $70 per downlight is a fair price some builders will charge you more. The reality is these guys doing domestic installations don't make much and as such they need to make it back on their extras. Commerical speakies make alot more. The builder makes a fair cut of anything extra you get installed.
Related
27/02/2024
Does this quote seem right? Turf + landscaping

Landscape & Garden Design

They using concrete or timber sleepers? Timber or steel uprights? Any drainage behind sleeper?

13/06/2023
Sound Proof Modular Fence recommendations

Outdoor Living

Hi We have a road close to our place and only an old flimsy wooden fence between us and the Neighbour closest to the road. Any ideas on a sound proof modular fence. Like…

9/11/2023
Rainwater tank - screaming sound

General Discussion

Grate, thank you! RexChan if thats the reason i could sleep well without thinking about additional cost. But 1st i'll need to read about NRV cleaning/replaing stuff. I…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum