Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon sending legal threats to members of Facebook page

Page 2 of 2
yes
Noname
Ashington Homes
are you talking about the one with the photo shopped expansion joints ( allegedly)?

Allegedly?

My thought process says Quantum mechanics Superposition?
"a hypothetical joint may be considered simultaneously both alive and dead as a result of its fate being linked to a random pixel event that may or may not occur.
I maybe a bit wacky but does anyone else see a possible Connection/Solution?
It ties into my Big Bim Theory (humour)
Perhaps someone from Metricon's social media team that is monitoring this forum can provide the good members here with an update about how the brickwork defects as highlighted by the Russell Lea couple in March 2022 and taken to NSWDFT and NCAT have been resolved?
last I read in paper, case at Tribunal was awarded to the couple but they were not paying large sum of money to Metricon as per build contract
Be careful, biggest of builders have the money to run unwindable case, again, appeals and again for long enough to bankrupt you.They can afford to lose all the battles but win the war. Too often one of the parties runs out of money.
building-expert
Be careful, biggest of builders have the money to run unwindable case, again, appeals and again for long enough to bankrupt you.They can afford to lose all the battles but win the war. Too often one of the parties runs out of money.

That sounds any big, corporate business, ie.
the claim of not having the money to give the worker a pay-rise,
but actually use much more money to fight the same worker in court.
Anyone know some details about Metricon's recent discussions with private equity buyers?
Kippers01
Anyone know some details about Metricon's recent discussions with private equity buyers?

Haven't heard that they're doing anything like this. Where did you hear this?

Private equity consortiums generally buy viable businesses they can cut cost out of to turn a larger profit, usually to then onsell the business again. I'm not convinced there's much fat to cut out of the building game at the moment for private equity to be interested.
could be change of hand with passing of Mario, estate may want to exit business
Ashington Homes
~perthgirl~
Can the builder really / actually come after you if you put up a picture saying - this is what you get with Builder XYZ - ?

Hi Perthgirl,

Noname is correct.

So I have personal experience with this when in 2018 I posted photos in this forum of defective work by a builder ( not Metricon) and they sued me for defamation.

I had to engage a defamation barrister and went through the whole process of spending a ton of money and here is what I learnt:

1. In NSW businesses can not sue individuals for defamation ( not sure about other States), but there is another avenue they can get you on which is harder to prove ( cant remember the legal term) which kicks in if you are actively encouraging other people to not do business with the company in question.

2. You need to keep your comments to being just about your own personal experience with your build and you can not generalise as per Noname's post and say that they are terrible on every job as they might very well have heaps of happy customers.

Whilst I managed to do everything that protected me legally with my posts, it was still a pain and very costly to defend myself.

So the key takeaways are always be very careful about what you publish online and only refer to your own personal experiences and be completely truthful in what you write. Do not exaggerate and do not generalise.

So in conclusion, be honest, measured and accurate in what you say online, and remember that no matter how bad your experience might be, and how angry you are, when big companies come after you, it can cost you a lot of money to defend yourself.

I ended up on friendly terms with the builder ( again not Metricon) after all was said and done, and when I heard his side of the story I actually felt sorry for him.

Same as with the company in question ( Metricon). The main person who caused all this drama has now left this world and there are a bunch of mostly nice people in there who are trying to clean up what was left behind.

They are building 3 homes in my neighbourhood and seem to be progressing them quite quickly.

Anyhow, I hope everyone enjoys their Monday

Cheers

Simeon

Your missing legal term at point 1. might be "restraint of trade" if they can prove your intent was to send them bankrupt.
Often the most effective way to get a company like Metricon to take action to address issues is to post politely and honestly online about your experiences with them. Much more effective than online automated customer experience portals, robots and the like. Perfectly acceptable as long as you dont identify and defame any individuals. Companies monitor social media content diligently and are extremely sensitive to credible negative comments and will take all available steps to 'manage' these. Management usually involves publicly acknowleging the comments, promising they are investigating, and (most critically) getting the issues offline and into private discussion ASAP. Be wary of any bluffing with suggestions of retailiation and legal action etc. here.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum