Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building delays

Page 2 of 2
If its not in the WA version of the contract, as brownhouse says, then its uncapped. The purpose of contract liquidated damages from the builders perspective is to cap payments at a pittance!
Not sure if this is particular to WA, but there are no remedies, or no schedule, if the builder doesn't meet this obligation (or any obligation). I read somewhere that this was usual in WA for residential construction contracts. Even a pittance would be nice as it would provide *some* motivation for the builder to get on with it or at least let us know whats going on.
Related
18/07/2023
Unusual Delays and Significant Price Increase During Pre-con

Building A New House

Just to makea point about this, an approach that some people have found sucessful in negotiating these rises down, Is to provide some workings to the builder, specifying…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

1/11/2023
Need clarification on "construction delays caused by owner"

Building A New House

While i was across this behavior's pre appointing my (the builders) surveyor, I did tell the builder i was aware what they were doing and while i disagreed with it, they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum