Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

AUSBUILD Prominence Pallara

Page 2 of 2
The last time I responded late I was on vacation too, lol. Hope you had a nice one.

It felt like only a couple posts ago that you were in the frame stage, and now you're at enclosed already, that's good. Not too far off now! Must be exciting.

In my case where enclosed to fixing done is only 9 days apart, I think it may either be due to:

1. They billed me late for the enclosed stage (which I think is unlikely). Or,

2. The fixing work begun while they're still finishing up the enclosed stage.

I suspect it's the latter, as when I did my weekly visit, i haven't been billed for enclosed, but could see taps and whatnots are installed (which should happen during the fixing stage). Hopefully it's be the same for your case so you can go from enclosed to fixing done within a short period.
Hello! Its nice to have some vaction buidling a house during covid is stressful enough that you need some time off.

Yeah we are happy about the present progress so far(fingers crossed). Just received an email today that we need to meet the tiler on Monday to confirm layout of tiles/ tiling of wet areas (due next week), we saw our garage door installed this week as well(we had a secret site visit as well, although regularly they always try to scare us that we are not allowed on site except of those planned visits.

I guess you are right we noticed as well, cabinetry in WIP, kitchen and toilet and things for fix out stage are already in place, like the architraves, skirting and internal doors are already finished , even the walls and ceilings are prep d already feels like they are almost ready to paint it.lol and tilling is also due this week. its unbelievably fast, not sure if this is the case with you as well, we are currently 1 month and 2-3 weeks on our build, does they usually slow down after stage 4(fix out)?

how is your pci going, have you bought furnitures and appliances already? lol
decloahn
The last time I responded late I was on vacation too, lol. Hope you had a nice one.

It felt like only a couple posts ago that you were in the frame stage, and now you're at enclosed already, that's good. Not too far off now! Must be exciting.

In my case where enclosed to fixing done is only 9 days apart, I think it may either be due to:

1. They billed me late for the enclosed stage (which I think is unlikely). Or,

2. The fixing work begun while they're still finishing up the enclosed stage.

I suspect it's the latter, as when I did my weekly visit, i haven't been billed for enclosed, but could see taps and whatnots are installed (which should happen during the fixing stage). Hopefully it's be the same for your case so you can go from enclosed to fixing done within a short period.

hello just wondering how is your PCI. Just got our fixing stage invoice today. Sadly we might wait till next year for it to be finished as christmas break is closing out soon. Thanks
Hi,
PCI went well. I did get kspec to come in again and do the inspection so that helped. The defect identified were minor (silicon gap along some tiles, touch up paint at some spots, etc) which is good.

Settlement was initially scheduled to take place yesterday but because the bank has yet to pay the final payment it is rescheduled to next week.

Are you planning to get anything done after handover? Security screens, blinds, etc? If so, may be worth asking ausbuild if you can get third party vendor to come in and measure.

I didn't bother asking because I thought everything can just be done after handover, but I forgot about Christmas break 😅, so now I'm trying to find blinds and fly screen vendors who can get them in before Christmas.
decloahn
Hi,
PCI went well. I did get kspec to come in again and do the inspection so that helped. The defect identified were minor (silicon gap along some tiles, touch up paint at some spots, etc) which is good.

Settlement was initially scheduled to take place yesterday but because the bank has yet to pay the final payment it is rescheduled to next week.

Are you planning to get anything done after handover? Security screens, blinds, etc? If so, may be worth asking ausbuild if you can get third party vendor to come in and measure.

I didn't bother asking because I thought everything can just be done after handover, but I forgot about Christmas break 😅, so now I'm trying to find blinds and fly screen vendors who can get them in before Christmas.

Hello sorry didnt even realized you replied. How was your home so far congratulations! Hope everything went well! Thats pretty good if there are only minor defects.

Was settlement smooth? After PCI how long did you have settlment? And how long did the bank pay the last invoice where there any requirements they need? Hopefully all will be smooth.

We are planning to do blinds, landscape and maybe solar after hand over. How bout you? I did asked our ss but he didnt agree.

Thanls a lot
Hey everyone, we have just put a deposit down for land in Prominence, Parkview.
We are probably going to put an Oxford on it.

Just wanted to join the thread, share our build, come along on your house build journeys, and hopefully pick up some advice on the way!
Hello good to see someone who is in prominence as well. Ive been looking everywhere for people who had built with ausbuild but I can only see a few or close to none. even in product review and google review there were only 36 people so I was a bit nervous building with them. I dont know why but even though ausbuild is a big developer/builder and has built a lot of houses already. there isnt much info online.

are you on release 3? Oxford has 18+ frontage so your lot is huge, ours is almost half as yours.hahaha you could def ask if you have some questions as well. when are you building? has everything been going smoothly? Ive heard everyones so busy nowadays because of the extended grants. So far we didnt had any delays or shortage of anything on our build.
jbking93

Just wanted to join the thread, share our build, come along on your house build journeys, and hopefully pick up some advice on the way!

Hello good to see someone who is in prominence as well. Ive been looking everywhere for people who had built with ausbuild but I can only see a few or close to none. even in product review and google review there were only 36 people so I was a bit nervous building with them. I dont know why but even though ausbuild is a big developer/builder and has built a lot of houses already. there isnt much info online.

are you on release 3? Oxford has 18+ frontage so your lot is huge, ours is almost half as yours.hahaha you could def ask if you have some questions as well. when are you building? has everything been going smoothly? Ive heard everyones so busy nowadays because of the extended grants. So far we didnt had any delays or shortage of anything on our build.
Hey Enz, we have our Preliminary Build Agreement meeting on Thursday, so only really just getting started!
Our lot is a corner block, that's how we can fit the Oxford on it 😊

We are in Parkview, Release 3, but it is currently a big dirt pile! We were told that the land wouldn't be ready to build on until July.

From the other thread you are in, as well as some older ones I am pretty confident with them. The fact they are the land developers as well gives me peace of mind.
enz32
jbking93

Hey Enz,

Who did you use for conveyancing, and are you happy with them?
jbking93
Hey Enz, we have our Preliminary Build Agreement meeting on Thursday, so only really just getting started!
Our lot is a corner block, that's how we can fit the Oxford on it 😊

We are in Parkview, Release 3, but it is currently a big dirt pile! We were told that the land wouldn't be ready to build on until July.

From the other thread you are in, as well as some older ones I am pretty confident with them. The fact they are the land developers as well gives me peace of mind.

yeah I saw some action on it few weeks ago. i think there wont be any delays on the parkview release 3 as the land is relatively flat unlike the one across us wherein last year it was like a forest there and a bit elevated, even the one in outlook it took time.

that's good you have a corner block just make sure you know about the easements and making sure you'll be able to utilize most of your land.

Yeah hoping that would be the case to. looking at all those houses and land they built. Just make sure you can put everything on it before signing the final contract. piece of advice as well you can add a variation allowance if you wouldn't want to cash in on some of your upgrades after signing the contract. its for the expressions, national tiles and YHC appointments so we didn't pay a cent extra.
jbking93
enz32
jbking93

Hey Enz,

Who did you use for conveyancing, and are you happy with them?

We used bytherules i think his name was brendan. He did check our contract for us FREE OF CHARGE some do charge extra for it. They were very organize and helpful throughout and most of all we didnt pay anything at all.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/4588113 ... e&exp=e8c2

Hello just made a fb group for prominence pallara community. Just feel to add it of your keen!

Thanks
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum