Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anybody building at Googong ?

Page 100 of 110
Crazy_big_al
I know we have had some rain but not enough to prevent anything from being done

We have had a lot of rain since Chrismas day especially since mid last week. This was the pond before they started actively trying to drain it today.

water views
Of those who have moved in, can you give an update on water pressure etc. I've heard there's all sorts of problems with the sewerage & water.
roxberry2014
Of those who have moved in, can you give an update on water pressure etc. I've heard there's all sorts of problems with the sewerage & water.

No water pressure problems here, but we don't have any irrigation yet which is the big test.
Getting a bit sick of the parade of poo trucks everyday though, they can be a bit smelly...
uncyspam
roxberry2014

No water pressure problems here, but we don't have any irrigation yet which is the big test.
Getting a bit sick of the parade of poo trucks everyday though, they can be a bit smelly...

poo trucks? Can you elaborate what's happening?
roxberry2014
poo trucks? Can you elaborate what's happening?

They are trucking all the sewage into queanbeyan everyday as the plant out here isn't running yet. The pump station is on the north east side of the lake... About 100m from our house :/
Mav
Crazy_big_al
I know we have had some rain but not enough to prevent anything from being done

We have had a lot of rain since Chrismas day especially since mid last week. This was the pond before they started actively trying to drain it today.

What a difference a couple of days make.
Anyone had issues with european wasps? I think (not quite sure yet...) we may have an underground nest on our property :/ Know of a good exterminator?
Hi all, how is everyone!? We're finally only a month or so away from moving in! Internal painting is almost done, kitchen cabinets are in and everything is booked in. We now drive past every day as our son just started kindergarten at the school!

Also, Al... How is it all going?
di+matt
Hi all, how is everyone!? We're finally only a month or so away from moving in! Internal painting is almost done, kitchen cabinets are in and everything is booked in. We now drive past every day as our son just started kindergarten at the school!

We are nearing the finish line. Hope for settlement next Friday. We have the final walk through on wed arvo. It has been a frustrating couple of months. We have our stone retaining wall complete which is nice. So looking fwd to moving in. been a long time coming

All the stress will be over soon.

We have been packing like crazy
A friend told me about this site today. For those intending to buy kayaks for the dam and a spot of fishing, which is what we are planning once we move in.

Kayak Fishing Down Under..... http://www.kfdu.com.au/forum/
Crazy_big_al
di+matt

We are nearing the finish line. Hope for settlement next Friday. We have the final walk through on wed arvo. It has been a frustrating couple of months. We have our stone retaining wall complete which is nice. So looking fwd to moving in. been a long time coming

All the stress will be over soon.

We have been packing like crazy

How did the final walk through go!? I'm not very happy with our painting
its really $hoddy in bits. I was expecting better. It seems like we must be close to completion. Just our flooring, flyscreens, shutters, alfresco tiling, ducted heating and vacuum to go.... Doesn't seem like 4 weeks of work to me..
I must say that we are a bit apprehensive about Googfest this weekend. I hope there will be a good police presence as putting on free buses from various places around Canberra would be very tempting for people to make this a rave party and be smashed before they even get here.
Mav
I must say that we are a bit apprehensive about Googfest this weekend. I hope there will be a good police presence as putting on free buses from various places around Canberra would be very tempting for people to make this a rave party and be smashed before they even get here.

You cant be serious!!! we were there on Saturday night and thought that there was a great family atmosphere no smashed people at all.. well done Googong township for putting on a fantastic night
Cant wait for Googfest 2016.
Hi Everyone - we noticed the gates are now down for 4A... Does anyone have any land in that area? Looks like a nice spot... We are in 4B but we can now see where we think our block will be (from a distance at least) Seems like that have really caught up on dates now given they seemed so far behind at the beginning. Hope everyone's builds are going to plan
jesdl
Mav

You cant be serious!!! we were there on Saturday night and thought that there was a great family atmosphere no smashed people at all.. well done Googong township for putting on a fantastic night
Cant wait for Googfest 2016.

Please read what I wrote and when I wrote it. Yes we were seriously apprehensive about what could have occurred, thankfully it didn't and thankfully there was a good police presence. When the bikies turned up we thought oh oh but they didn't hang around too long.
We are in 4a! We will have to take a drive out soon and see if we can get close to our block. Haven't had any official updates as yet except to say they seem to be on schedule pending the water treatment plant which could cause delays even if the land is ready, getting close now though
Hi,
Our builder has told us that we will be in in 6-8 weeks. It has gone so quickly. And I just realised I had better get a move on and order some things for landscaping and handover.

I am looking for a good house number, I saw one on Baker St that had the number and street name on a Stainless steel looking plaque. Does anyone know where you can get one like that from? It looks so nice.

Also where did everyone source their plants from when doing their own landscaping? Has anyone had any issues with garden compliance when putting in smaller than the recommended pot sized plants?

Thanks,
I'm in stage 4 also, went out there last week and could get sight of our block but the gates were still up.
Becoming concerned about the water/sewerage recycling plant, have read it will have an 8 metre high fume stack, read another report suggesting it will be 12 metres high. Not really keen on having an ugly fume stack a few hundred metres from my home.
[quote="jimmy1"]I'm in stage 4 also, went out there last week and could get sight of our block but the gates were still up.
Becoming concerned about the water/sewerage recycling plant, have read it will have an 8 metre high fume stack, read another report suggesting it will be 12 metres high. Not really keen on having an ugly fume stack a few hundred metres from my home.
/quote]

Jimmy where did you read about the fume stack? Is the plant marked on any of Googong's maps? Where will it be?
Related
3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum