Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Yanchep RedInk build...Keys - and fence!

Page 99 of 104
Hi MalSannie
I have finally caught up with your build. So sorry to hear you have had so many mistakes and issues. I suddenly don't feel so alone.
MIMN
Hi MalSannie
I have finally caught up with your build. So sorry to hear you have had so many mistakes and issues. I suddenly don't feel so alone.

This building thing is emotionally draining isn't it
That is what H1 is so good for - we're all in the same boat and it does help to know you're not alone x
Re PCI - we have no idea how it went. We got an email from RedInk to say it went well and that it was at practical completion, but we've not had the inspector's report yet. I suppose it'll be in our inbox when we get up tomorrow morning.

We may now have handover on the 23rd rather than 18th, which would be ok if they allow our blinds, security screens and soil conditioning to be done before handover as we've booked them in for the 21st and 22nd. Cant see that this should prove to be an issue. Definitely don't want to put those off, as they'll not be done then before mid Jan which would be just before we come back to the UK.

I've found out that the bins are 2 - 3 working days so will hang on with that for a while. And have sent off for the fence package thing and the side gate which we've ordered. This *should* be done before Christmas. Have also talked to the front garden people. Fingers crossed they can help us before we come back too. It would be so lovely to have at least the basics there for my folks. We'll lay the lawn at the back so long, and plant some bamboo etc

But geez louise Telstra customer service is driving me bonkers! The folks are with them now so we'd prefer to retain the familiarity etc but I wish we could just go somewhere else. I've been trying to talk to someone - ANYONE - via the velocity number on their website at first.... But after 25 minutes listening to a lady telling me she'd 'text me if I like', repeatedly without pause till I felt I was going to knaw at my wrists out of sheer boredom and irritation I gave up. How-to-irritate-customers-until-they-give-up 101.

I tried them on Facebook... they suggested instant chat, and a number to dial from overseas which is free if you're a mobile telstra customer.... which I'm not. So instant chat it was. Was 20+ in the queue and when I eventually got to the front, was given yet another number to dial. Unfortunately I closed the chat window - as it turned out to be an invalid number. Tried the mobile number, didn't have anything useful unless you had a mobile number to type in! Back to Facebook I went, who told me that I should probably just wait until I'm back in Aus. hmm So twitter was next, they suggested instant chat, or a new and 'the only' international number to use for velocity. But by then I was late for work - so it may be tomorrow morning's joy if I can be bothered.

Hope you're all well - I can't WAIT for our holiday in beautiful Perth! I'm so sorry I don't have time to catch up with everyone's builds now, but hopefully will be able to over the w/e! xxx
My fingers are crossed that your report comes back ok, hopefully there isn't too much on there. Hopefully they allow all your bits and pieces to be done too if handover is pushed back, I am sure everything will fall into place! Golly that sounds like a job and a half dealing with Telstra- hopefully next time you call them you have a bit more luck! Getting so close now to your holiday- you must be very excited!!
As I've been moving the last week and not been with a computer I was 4 pages behind! Caught up now though.

Jeeeeeeeeez Mal you're going to be made of titanium by the end of this, way stronger than I'd be given what's happened.
I reckon you should ask them to prep your front and back yard so it's ready for landscaping haha. It's a pain to do yourself and our landscaper doesn't do any of the prep work, just comes and does whatever you've agreed to on the plan ONCE it's all ready to go.
AM glad you're that closer to completion now though and the house is looking great! Is the render on the front corrected now?
I went with Optus for NBN, and it's super quick and was really easy and pain free to connect so very happy with it!
Haha Telstra are no better if you are in Aus!!

I ordered a new SIM online nearly three weeks ago. I chased it after a week only to be told my address details weren't on the order (even though they showed on the confirmation mail they sent). That conversation was a week and a half ago and still no SIM, so I used their "Leave it with us" service on Wednesday, where you email and they get back to you supposedly in 24hrs. Well they sent a mail in that time only to say they had received mine - and would respond in 24hrs!! Can't wait to see what today's says??

On the handover front I think the least that RI can do at this stage is let your trades in before hand over! I think they have stuffed you around quite enough!
Hope the PCI went well Mal - how fantastic will it be for you to finally move in and enjoy your beautiful house xx

Fingers crossed there aren't any issues on the inspectors report.
Telstra is the worst! I called them on Monday to get a phone line, they said it was done on Thursday, plugged the phone in today and it didn't even work! So now have to wait until Monday again for their tech to come out and have a look. *sigh*
trixee
Telstra is the worst! I called them on Monday to get a phone line, they said it was done on Thursday, plugged the phone in today and it didn't even work! So now have to wait until Monday again for their tech to come out and have a look. *sigh*

I believe Telstra have a guarantee that every household will have a telephone line. You can call and demand that they have someone get yours active or you'll call the ombudsmen and I bet you'll have someone there tomorrow morning at 7am
Is NBN available in your area Malsannie?

When I first moved in I had to wait 4 months to get connected to the NBN (not good for an internet junkie). Hellstra gave me a temporary phone which worked on the mobile phone signals. Stoopid thing used to drop out all the time like a mobile phone.

If someone in the household has a priority medical condition (even asthma) you can be considered a priority customer (doc has to sign a form for this).
Oh dear your tales of Telstra woes doesn't fill me with confidence!!

NBN is in the area yes - so hopefully we'll not have to wait for 4 months!! My parents will be very unhappy if they can't watch telly or use Skype.

If you should go through a different company, do they also do the phone/tv alongside broadband in NBN areas?
I hope PCI went well Mal and the report comes back with no issues. Unfortunately Telstra aren't the best to deal with.... Patience is definitely required. I think Redink at this point should be bending over backwards to accommodate any trades you want coming in to ensure your house is ready for your arrival.

MalSannie
Oh dear your tales of Telstra woes doesn't fill me with confidence!!

NBN is in the area yes - so hopefully we'll not have to wait for 4 months!! My parents will be very unhappy if they can't watch telly or use Skype.

If you should go through a different company, do they also do the phone/tv alongside broadband in NBN areas?

no, had a lot of problems with Hellstra (my nickname for them).

I have my home phone and internet on a bundle, dont have foxtel but that can be included in the bundle.
Most nowadays do voip or phone and internet as a bundle. Free to air tv is of course free, so just need an antenna. Telstra are the only ones that do foxtel as a bundle as they own 50 percent of foxtel. Other than that some providers offer quota free streaming of netflix. Major players in Australia other than Telstra are TPG, Optus, Westnet. Westnet just was purchased by TPG if I recall correctly.
Full listing of RSPs http://v1.mynbn.info/rsp/list
the NBN techos have to come and do their installation first before your chosen ISP come and do their thing too. (not sure if this applies to 'smart wired' homes though). you still put the order through Hellstra or whoever you choose.
Thanks guys, I thought NBN smart whatever means you don't need an antenna
This is going to be painful lol - I think I might have to force the OH into doing a bit of digging

They said we can get access for the blinds and security screen people and soil improvers, so hope it works out ok.
We just hooked up NBN with dodo i think. Pretty easy they just sent us a modem and you plug in and type in password. We don't have foxtel or anything though.
Good news they are letting other trades in.
We had antenna in the build as standard, I didn't even realize until I saw it installed on the roof haha so I suppose we lucked out there.

I went with Optus - entertainer bundle, unlimited downloads, fetch TV with 30 or so channels and opted for the quickest speed boost which gives me the fastest speeds we can get currently (have done several speed tests and I get very close to 100mb/40mb, about 89/35 for those who understand). All up costs me $125 and they don't need to come out to install anything, just the NBN guys do. Optus sent out a modem which has all the instructions and you just plug it in, and off you go.

I could have NBN on slower speeds with the same bundle for $30 less, but I'm a speed freak so love having the fastest speeds possible, especially since in my rental I was on as slow as you can get and it frustrated the bonkers out of me!
kron
We had antenna in the build as standard, I didn't even realize until I saw it installed on the roof haha so I suppose we lucked out there.

I went with Optus - entertainer bundle, unlimited downloads, fetch TV with 30 or so channels and opted for the quickest speed boost which gives me the fastest speeds we can get currently (have done several speed tests and I get very close to 100mb/40mb, about 89/35 for those who understand). All up costs me $125 and they don't need to come out to install anything, just the NBN guys do. Optus sent out a modem which has all the instructions and you just plug it in, and off you go.

I could have NBN on slower speeds with the same bundle for $30 less, but I'm a speed freak so love having the fastest speeds possible, especially since in my rental I was on as slow as you can get and it frustrated the bonkers out of me!

Lol, I know what you mean, I went from fibre 100 mbps to ADSL1, I know the internet is bad when the wife agrees with me to make sure where ever we bought the block of land to make sure it has fast internet
Related
3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

2/02/2024
Gap between fence and retaining wall - unsafe space

Landscape & Garden Design

get some pool noodles and then bark mulch over the top

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum