Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Arden Developments

Page 97 of 163
took approx 10 months or bit more than that. At this stage , all doors are locked and i will be going there mid next week and share some photos. How is your build going ? Wish you all the best
Ratnesh
Manj
Hello everybody ...any recommendation for a company in East- SE Melbourne that does CCTV,Intercom and Alarm Systems, so I can get a quotation please
Thanks

Hi manj

Have you asked for quote the no i sent you? How much quote he given you?

Awaiting reply .. Ratnesh ..

pEast
Ratnesh
Manj
Hello everybody ...any recommendation for a company in East- SE Melbourne that does CCTV,Intercom and Alarm Systems, so I can get a quotation please
Thanks

Hi manj

Yeah gives us a rough idea too

Will do pEast ..

Manj
Ratnesh
Manj
Thanks

Hi manj

Ok i had quote from him last week he came to inspect the site for pre wiring he gave me couple of ideas for wifi network problem in double story homes he will install long range access points so wifi is equally distributed in home.

He quoted me bit over $7000 for 6 cameras, security alarm, intercom and other accessories.

Ratnesh
Manj
Ratnesh
[quote="Manj"]Hello everybody ...any recommendation for a company in East- SE Melbourne that does CCTV,Intercom and Alarm Systems, so I can get a quotation please
Thanks

Hi manj

Ok i had quote from him last week he came to inspect the site for pre wiring he gave me couple of ideas for wifi network problem in double story homes he will install long range access points so wifi is equally distributed in home.

He quoted me bit over $7000 for 6 cameras, security alarm, intercom and other accessories.

[/quote]Whoa. I reckon you could DIY a lot of that (if you're up to it).

What brands did they quote for?

Check out home security systems from ring, netgear (arlo), or nest.

I'm thinking of putting up ring cameras myself, and im buying a DIY wireless home alarm with sim, and will get sparky to install video intercom.

g33kerb0t
Ratnesh
Manj
[quote="Ratnesh"][quote="Manj"]Hello everybody ...any recommendation for a company in East- SE Melbourne that does CCTV,Intercom and Alarm Systems, so I can get a quotation please
Thanks

Hi manj

[/quote]Whoa. I reckon you could DIY a lot of that (if you're up to it).

I'm thinking of putting up ring cameras myself, and im buying a DIY wireless home alarm with sim, and will get sparky to install video intercom.

[/quote]

Yehh i was thinking too

He quoted me for

6 x 4 mp dahua cameras with 6 gb hard drive

Dahua 2 intercom screens ip based

Risco ip based alarm system with 6 PIR

Home theatre wirings

3 data points

16 port gigabit net gear

2 long range access points

And garage door automation.

gopalc
took approx 10 months or bit more than that. At this stage , all doors are locked and i will be going there mid next week and share some photos. How is your build going ? Wish you all the best

We've just gone to construction. Site cut this week! I was hoping you were going to say under 10 months, getting impatient! Ha ha

Can't wait to see your photos

If anybody has chosen gains 8905ALL Omni allure bar handle with hidden lever handle combo - double cylinder BC 60665SC - in bright chrome or stainless steel
Any photos -
Further Arden do they have stain colours for doors on a wood samples ? Any photos - I was wanting for
Swan river Jarah
pEast
If anybody has chosen gains 8905ALL Omni allure bar handle with hidden lever handle combo - double cylinder BC 60665SC - in bright chrome or stainless steel
Any photos -
Further Arden do they have stain colours for doors on a wood samples ? Any photos - I was wanting for
Swan river Jarah
Yeah they showed us some stains at the colour selection.

Did Nybody give Arden a level 1 compaction report from their land developers
pEast
Any photos -
Swan river Jarah
Yeah i chose that. Not sure if i took a picture of it tho. Mine was regular on one hand, and dummy on the other.

Will post if i see anything.

pEast
Any photos -
Swan river Jarah
There you go.

g33kerb0t
pEast
Any photos -
Swan river Jarah
Yeah i chose that. Not sure if i took a picture of it tho. Mine was regular on one hand, and dummy on the other.

Will post if i see anything.

Thx
g33kerb0t
pEast
Any photos -
Swan river Jarah
There you go.

So this is the shiny one - I hope Arden got it right for me cos all I had asked was to change from stainless Steel to shiny one
laijer
BLKYG
laijer
For us, Frame stage has been completed. New Home Inspections went through it and only picked up 5 defects, which is not too bad.

Also got our site cost variation today. It seems they had forgotten to do it after the slab was completed. It came in at $19,569 just a tad above our price guarantee of $19,500... seems a bit steep for an "M" class site. The foundations better be solid for generations to come!!

Good! Only 5 defects don't sound too bad at all.
Would you mind telling me how long did the frame stage take? Mine started 2 or 3 Oct (can't remember exactly), and when I visited last Sunday they only managed to build the ground floor. Windows were delivered but left on site with some bird's poo on them.

My site is 'E'
so the site cost was close to $29k.

It took about 3.5 weeks to get the frames up. Our frame start was actually delayed by about 2 weeks because Arden had double booked the framer.

$29K... ouch. $19.5k doesn't seem so bad now...

Um.. maybe I should go and look today. We're almost into 3 weeks now. I really hope there's some progress.
Ratnesh
g33kerb0t
Whoa. I reckon you could DIY a lot of that (if you're up to it).

Yehh i was thinking too

He quoted me for

Home theatre wirings

3 data points

16 port gigabit net gear

Dahua is good one. Maybe better than Hikvision depending on your preferences.
Does the quote include home theatre installation later on if you go for in-wall or in-ceiling route?
BLKYG
Ratnesh
g33kerb0t
Whoa. I reckon you could DIY a lot of that (if you're up to it).

Yehh i was thinking too

He quoted me for

Home theatre wirings

3 data points

16 port gigabit net gear

Does the quote include home theatre installation later on if you go for in-wall or in-ceiling route?

Hikvision are more expensive than dahua but same performance. It not include home theatre installation it is just wiring he will run from walls it is be easy to do speakers later when i want.

Ratnesh
BLKYG

Hikvision are more expensive than dahua but same performance. It not include home theatre installation it is just wiring he will run from walls it is be easy to do speakers later when i want.

Yeah I would have gone for Dahua as well. I may go for wireless so looking at Ring and Netgear Arlo, but other better options may come up when my build is complete.
When they say slab is poured 10 days after site cut do they mean 10 days or 10 working days?

Ezza78
Jeeta23
Ezza78
Just been told we have to have round downpipes because of render, easier to get behind the downpipes. Not happy! Apparently they use round ones on bespoke, anyone else find same thing?

I'm worried they won't look as good?? Maybe I'm over thinking minor details?

Hi Ezza,

I have round downpipes too - for the same reasons.

I hated them when I saw them, they looked like plastic pvc pipes.

But speaking to a plumber apparently they are better product (prob why they use them on the bespoke), more pricey and better for rain water and not likely to get jammed.

I've grown to accept them, but still think the edged ones would have looked better.

Thanks Jeeta, glad to see your still on forum! How is new house going?

yes I'm with you re: shape of downpipes, but good to know there is a benefit. I was just annoyed because they just told us not asked as and said it won't make a difference to the facade and I thought to myself you have no idea home much I have thought of every detail including gutters and down pipes!

I think it's the PVC pipes I've seen like on our old house that made me have an aversion to them, but these will be colour bond. And yes, was told same thing, that they are more expensive and used on bespoke.

Hi Ezza,

To be honest, the last week is the first time I've been on the forum since moving in.

Home is going great. Had some issues, with the major ones being fixed but some others have been added to the 90 day defect list. But all in all I love the house.

Unfortunately Will has left Arden, and they haven't given me someone else to deal with which I am a bit annoyed about!

Good luck with your build, exciting times a head.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum