Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boutique Homes

Page 96 of 172
Thanks jp79. Emailed my liaison to schedule a walk through. With my new SS. Third SS in 5months.

Well our place finally started to get bricked and we're so happy with the way it's turning out

Looking good now Ozden probably 2 months you are done....don't forget us building later to give us tips and also good tradies afterwards.

Still couldn't get a good quote for a floating homeoffice bench...they are all quoting me between 4 to 6K sad
7th_Cavalry
Looking good now Ozden probably 2 months you are done....don't forget us building later to give us tips and also good tradies afterwards.

Still couldn't get a good quote for a floating homeoffice bench...they are all quoting me between 4 to 6K sad

Thanks 7th_Cavalry, the way were going we were told once kitchen goes in then to count 6 weeks but we were postponed by 5 weeks due to not being able to find a bricky as they didn't want to put just anyone due to our inspector lol. We have Darbecca as our independent inspector and to be honest it's probably one of the best things to have during the build. In fact today I have a re-inspection of pre plaster to ensure all items have been rectified before the plaster is put on. The only suggestion I can make is from our lesson learnt, do not read what is written on the plans but to go by the legend. We paid $17000 for the Escala façade and nearly ended up with it all being rendered due to incorrect shading on the plans but it clearly had a arrow pointing to pier stating "Face brickwork pier" after much debate, discussions and taking it to higher management we finally got it originally how we wanted it and what we are paying for as the council and developer all approved it with the written part saying "Face brickwork pier".
Looking good Ozden86. I second that. Don't just go off the final plan. Few things I have to change since build have started. Make sure you keep all your paperwork. I have noticed variation not always get added on to the final plan.

Donaldouk
Looking good Ozden86. I second that. Don't just go off the final plan. Few things I have to change since build have started. Make sure you keep all your paperwork. I have noticed variation not always get added on to the final plan.

What things do you need to change? We pretty much made sure everything was done before anything new went ahead. I guess living close by to the build were lucky enough to check everything out and make sure all our variations were done. But in all honesty the build yes it's exciting but I'm looking forward to my splashback more than anything else lol. I had to get Boutique to source it as hubby didn't want any other house so my terms were I want my splashback or I don't sign up.

They missed out an extra vent in the master bedroom and extra zone on the cooling and heating unit. Also the intercom cable was missing in the plan but that have been added now. Overall they are very good. Just one or two things.

They managed to give us lots of draws in the kitchen even though we didn't want to pay for the upgrades. Extra rain shower head in the main bathroom but we told them to remove that one.

Donaldouk
They missed out an extra vent in the master bedroom and extra zone on the cooling and heating unit. Also the intercom cable was missing in the plan but that have been added now. Overall they are very good. Just one or two things.

They managed to give us lots of draws in the kitchen even though we didn't want to pay for the upgrades. Extra rain shower head in the main bathroom but we told them to remove that one.

Geez your so lucky to get the extra draws and rain shower head. They must of been feeling very generous during your build, hopefully they rectify the remaining issue's you have soon.

Our frame started yesterday.
Very excited to be able to walk through and see the layout for the first time.
Can't wait for it to start taking shape

Donaldouk

why would you remove the rain shower head.. it's such a beauty
Looking good baneshouse. Its very exciting walking through the frame for the first time. I had the same amazement once plaster board.

Jeeman- we still have one in the ensuite. At the time I just thought it would be an over kill in the small bathroom, to have a stand alone bath tub and rain shower. But I have regret my decision since.

Boutique Capri 27 Seabreeze. Passed to construction on 7th Nov 15.
EN710
They did, but the land is delayed by 6 months (early November) so if it's delayed again we would be out of our protection period and it's making me really nervous.

My sales person is on holiday so I won't have full picture until next week. Based on my prediction and their price increase, it will ended up very close in pricing including the current $5000 promo - maybe $1-2k cheaper. Otherwise it'll be more expensive I think. And I still lost the 2340 internal door. Even if it's cheaper, it won't be by much and I still need to fly down etc.

I asked whether we can prolong the fixed price period by several months just to be safe (we havens signed the building contract) and they can only prolong it by 1 month.

send from tapatalk

Intresting, for how long you can delay signing contract after PWC? Our land is due in December, hopefully it won't delay much.
Quick question everyone since I am on a tight budget what stages are critical for the independent inspectors to look at as I might only get 2 or 3 stages to do have an inspection
I'm had the frame stage, and having the handover. It's around $500 a time. My inspector said the most important is the slab, frame and hand over. He could have easily charged me for every stages. I had my frame inspected, in between, frame and lockup, and he said there's no point coming in 2 weeks again to inspect the plaster at lock up.

7th_Cavalry
Quick question everyone since I am on a tight budget what stages are critical for the independent inspectors to look at as I might only get 2 or 3 stages to do have an inspection

I agree with Donaldouk, definitely slab and frame is a must.
Exciting Times!

We had our colour appointment today. Still waiting on the final quote to come through this afternoon however here are some of the selections we choose below. I'll complete a full blog post when I receive the quote which will also show appliance/fittings selected.

The sample of the floor tile is 300X600 however we will go with the 600X600. It will look like the below.

Roof, gutters/facias/downpipes, render, window frame, and front door stain

Kitchen colours on the bottom. Laundry on top with the main floor tile underneath. Splashback in the kitchen is caeserstone in the same colour. Laundry splash back is the white tile.

Ensuite floor/wall tiles and Ensuite splashback.

The selections all together.

Electrical booked for next week.
Donaldouk
I'm had the frame stage, and having the handover. It's around $500 a time. My inspector said the most important is the slab, frame and hand over. He could have easily charged me for every stages. I had my frame inspected, in between, frame and lockup, and he said there's no point coming in 2 weeks again to inspect the plaster at lock up.

I thought Pre-Plaster is more important than Frame because the tradies will do anything to the frame to get their services through. Once the plaster goes up, all the changes made to the frame will be covered and undetected. The frame can still be inspected during the Pre-Plaster Stage.

So Slab and Pre-Plaster for me.
Thanks everyone for the tip.
I thought frame was pre-plaster. I had my checked a day before the plaster board went on.

d_a_ya
EN710
They did, but the land is delayed by 6 months (early November) so if it's delayed again we would be out of our protection period and it's making me really nervous.

My sales person is on holiday so I won't have full picture until next week. Based on my prediction and their price increase, it will ended up very close in pricing including the current $5000 promo - maybe $1-2k cheaper. Otherwise it'll be more expensive I think. And I still lost the 2340 internal door. Even if it's cheaper, it won't be by much and I still need to fly down etc.

I asked whether we can prolong the fixed price period by several months just to be safe (we havens signed the building contract) and they can only prolong it by 1 month.

send from tapatalk

Intresting, for how long you can delay signing contract after PWC? Our land is due in December, hopefully it won't delay much.

I'm not sure actually. But you should only sign contract after you check it, understand it and happy with the terms.

send from tapatalk
Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum