Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boutique Homes

Page 95 of 172
Donaldouk
Have anybody added an extra zone to their Brivis system?

I have a 5 star rating refrigerated cooling, which comes with 2 zones.

I've upgraded an extra zone($450), where I was told we will need at least 3 vents in each zone, so I've added an extra vent to my master bedroom ($160), to have a zone in Master/ home theatre.
That happened after the electrical appointment in Sept and I have signed the variation a week after. However, I cannot see it in the final plan that they are building off. I can only see a vent in master and a vent in the home theatre. I have tried to contact my liaison and SS.

liaison said: 'I will pass that to the suppliers'??!?? Why?

SS said: 'you can switch on and off, not a problem.' (complete dodged the questions about the extra vent and zoning.)

So do I need 3 vents in each zone?

I wanted to but I did not because I was led to believe that the system I was getting could not cater to the additional zone and I would need to upgrade the system at a much higher cost than your $ 450. My pre-start spoke to us about our need for 3 zones and at the end of the day, managed to convince us that we did not really need the 3rd zone.
They did try to talk me out of it, they told me I needed to upgrade from star rating 3 to star rating 4 system which cost ~$1600 and extra for zoning.
They didn't even check my file, I've already upgraded to a star rating 5. They were just trying to palm me off. When I insist to proceed, they change their tune and said we don't need the upgrade, just add the extra vent and zoning.

So I am suspicious of them trying to do the same.
Ozden86
7th_Cavalry
Hi Ozden just a question how did your friend place the wires in the wall cavity and mark it when they start to plaster the walls ?

7th_Cavalry our house is single storey so all wires are running through the roofing besides the camera wires are sitting under the gutters. We used 2 x different coloured cable than the electricians Boutique use. Also there are different types of cable for each system. I'll hopefully go past today and I'll take a pic to show you what I mean.

7th_Cavalry hope this explains more. Hubby said we will have a keypad and they have wired it to the light switch so after hand over its easier to complete set up.
Donaldouk
Have anybody added an extra zone to their Brivis system?

I have a 5 star rating refrigerated cooling, which comes with 2 zones.

I've upgraded an extra zone($450), where I was told we will need at least 3 vents in each zone, so I've added an extra vent to my master bedroom ($160), to have a zone in Master/ home theatre.
That happened after the electrical appointment in Sept and I have signed the variation a week after. However, I cannot see it in the final plan that they are building off. I can only see a vent in master and a vent in the home theatre. I have tried to contact my liaison and SS.

liaison said: 'I will pass that to the suppliers'??!?? Why?

SS said: 'you can switch on and off, not a problem.' (complete dodged the questions about the extra vent and zoning.)

So do I need 3 vents in each zone?

Donaldouk we upgraded our system to the 4 star heating/refrigerated cooling and got them to check with Brivis about wanting to put extra ceiling points but we got told there cannot be more than 11 added.

Ozden86
Ozden86
7th_Cavalry
Hi Ozden just a question how did your friend place the wires in the wall cavity and mark it when they start to plaster the walls ?

7th_Cavalry our house is single storey so all wires are running through the roofing besides the camera wires are sitting under the gutters. We used 2 x different coloured cable than the electricians Boutique use. Also there are different types of cable for each system. I'll hopefully go past today and I'll take a pic to show you what I mean.

7th_Cavalry hope this explains more. Hubby said we will have a keypad and they have wired it to the light switch so after hand over its easier to complete set up.

Thanks Ozden for the tip might do a similar technic with my build.
7th_Cavalry
Ozden86
Ozden86
[quote="7th_Cavalry"]Hi Ozden just a question how did your friend place the wires in the wall cavity and mark it when they start to plaster the walls ?

Thanks Ozden for the tip might do a similar technic with my build.[/quote]
Definitely look into it as it ends up cheaper in the long run. We're getting the state of art alarm system and its not even costing us over $3500 where if we went with an alarm installer it was going to cost $5000 cash price with us having to pay for power points to be installed and had to buy our own monitor as well

Donaldouk - we could only get 11 points. And it's just zoned upstairs or /and downstairs. I would have loved a vent in the bathrooms but was told it couldn't be done.

We had our second NHP on Monday - mostly paint still to be rectified. But I think a painter was there late tonight!!! So all going well - it should be done tomorrow!!! Can't contain my excitement. I better get cracking on packing this ******* rental. Lol. I'm excited and dreading our 6th move in 6 years - really looking forward to staying put for a while in our beautiful new home. And the timing will be much better with my son back at kinder today after surgery a fortnight ago and a lapse last week which saw us back in hospital. It was a reminder of the important things in life.

Blog: www.dapplegrey.com.au
My client liaison's communication is always delayed as well. I also wish she sent an e-mail even there have been no updates or progress on the site, and there's definitely room for improvement from the time the build starts. Lucky, I live close enough so I can drive there every weekend to have a look; otherwise, it would have been hard to see the progress. May I ask which company you went with for the Alarm system Ozden?
frenchwontons
My client liaison's communication is always delayed as well. I also wish she sent an e-mail even there have been no updates or progress on the site, and there's definitely room for improvement from the time the build starts. Lucky, I live close enough so I can drive there every weekend to have a look; otherwise, it would have been hard to see the progress. May I ask which company you went with for the Alarm system Ozden?

Frenchwontons we didnt go through a company, instead got a friend to do the wiring and the alarm and cctv system I was able to purchase direct through a supplier as I work for an electrician company so I got wholesale discount which works in favour for me.
We just received a phone call from our SS querying about our mortar joint type - we have "raked" and he clarified whether we wanted that as majority of houses these days are "rolled".

What did you guys pick and why?
I'm leaning towards rolled now but confused
tinaC
:? We just received a phone call from our SS querying about our mortar joint type - we have "raked" and he clarified whether we wanted that as majority of houses these days are "rolled".

I thought raked joint is an upgrade? It takes more work to do than rolled I think

send from tapatalk
tinaC
:? We just received a phone call from our SS querying about our mortar joint type - we have "raked" and he clarified whether we wanted that as majority of houses these days are "rolled".

This might help, we also went with rolled coz that's what hubby wanted

2nd Page

Ours is rolled and we selected off white mortar.
Hrm, interesting!
Thanks Ozden86, that was really helpful! Our bricks are Access Chestnut.
I've made a decision - rolled it is
Quick update...Because of our land delay we might need to redo our contract as otherwise, every month the title us late it'll be about $800 per month.

Sigh... ? feeling sad as I thought everything is done and dusted and now we might need to redo things.

Need more build photos please... They cheer me up ?

send from tapatalk
EN710
Quick update...Because of our land delay we might need to redo our contract as otherwise, every month the title us late it'll be about $800 per month.

Sigh... ? feeling sad as I thought everything is done and dusted and now we might need to redo things.

send from tapatalk

Didn't they give you 6 month protection? Try to get a dummy pwc and the new one might be cheaper depending on your selections.
jeeman
EN710

send from tapatalk

Didn't they give you 6 month protection? Try to get a dummy pwc and the new one might be cheaper depending on your selections.

They did, but the land is delayed by 6 months (early November) so if it's delayed again we would be out of our protection period and it's making me really nervous.

My sales person is on holiday so I won't have full picture until next week. Based on my prediction and their price increase, it will ended up very close in pricing including the current $5000 promo - maybe $1-2k cheaper. Otherwise it'll be more expensive I think. And I still lost the 2340 internal door. Even if it's cheaper, it won't be by much and I still need to fly down etc.

I asked whether we can prolong the fixed price period by several months just to be safe (we havens signed the building contract) and they can only prolong it by 1 month.

send from tapatalk
Hi I have a question, it might sound silly,

At locked up stage does it need to have a lock on the door to lock up the house, as the contract states, it needs to have a fixed door, no mention of actual lock. Also would you pay if the flooring has not started.

Boutique Capri 27 Seabreeze. Passed to construction on 7th Nov 15.
Donaldouk
Hi I have a question, it might sound silly,

At locked up stage does it need to have a lock on the door to lock up the house, as the contract states, it needs to have a fixed door, no mention of actual lock. Also would you pay if the flooring has not started.

Boutique Capri 27 Seabreeze. Passed to construction on 7th Nov 15.

Yep, house should be 'locked' up. Doesn't have to be the locks you've chosen, but people shouldn't be able to get in.

Flooring doesn't need to have started at lock up stage. Flooring will be one of the last things to go down. You don't want tradies walking all over your nice flooring whilst still working on the internals.
Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum