Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Story of Stormy's Castle. *Loooooong overdue update*

Page 92 of 92
I think the frenzy was more in Brisbane, there were still heaps left at the 2 stores I went to here in Melbourne. I haven't been back since to see if there's anything left, though...
Yesterday marked the 5 year anniversary since we received the keys to Stormy's Castle.

...not quite sure where the time went!! We still don't have a front fence and driveway, but we have made a little progress inside in the last few weeks.

After searching high and low for 3 perfect pendant lights that would go down the long hallway and entrance, and blend in with the mirror and chandelier, I finally found them! A great mix of traditional, Hamptons and industrial that suits my style of decorating. So far we only have the 1, but plan on getting the other 2 shortly.

We also did the built ins in the study. No longer sharing the 13 year old ex office furniture corner desk, and arguing who was going to use the monitor! We now both have our own space.

Here is it just after moving everything back in:

...and a few weeks later after a little styling (but still a long way to go!):

There's still a bit of organising to do (notice I didn't show you Hubby's side...). I still need to style the shelves a bit better and with more thought. A lot of it was dumped there to get it off the dining table as we had guests!!!
Love your style Stormy! You must be so proud.

If you're interested, the apothecary jars are on sale at Ozsale tip Fri
Cheers _chylatte_! I think Hubby would move out if I bought anymore apothecary or ginger jars! I'm running out of horizontal places and the house is screaming for a much needed spring clean and re-organise, so not so proud at the moment....snowed under and frustrated at lack of time, infact!
Gorgeous, Stormy! I still remember you doing that brand new desk in blue
... Anyway, I think your house should be renamed to Dreamy Castle
- it is so lovely!!
...not so dreamy at the moment, it resembles a pig sty! Hopefully, I'll get time to clean over the school holidays and also paint the rest of the bedroom furniture (white, not blue - that was my daughters!)

The other 2 lights are up in the hallway, I'll try and get some more pics up once I've cleaned!!
Related
28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum