Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 903 of 929
k3nnis
Salfield
k3nnis
Do you need any drop edge beams or anything like that?

Hi mate. Looks like at least one drop edge and apparently retaining walls either side albeit one side is only short. I tried to attach the survey but can’t work out how to do it. It’s a PDF.

Hmm try taking a photo of it using your phone then you can attach it as an image.

Cheers,
K.

Had a shocker. Yeah see previous. I’ve attached the survey.
The right side retaining wall seems very minimal. Doesn’t look like a big drop there. The left side seems quite a big drop. Mine was around 1.4m drop

k3nnis
The right side retaining wall seems very minimal. Doesn’t look like a big drop there. The left side seems quite a big drop. Mine was around 1.4m drop

Yeah he said the right side is only about 600 but not sure what the left is. How do you tell the drop. There is so much going on on the bloody thing, I can’t tell.
Yeah yours is hard to read. Look at the FFL and take the difference with those numbers in the left side and right side. But these are approximate numbers as I found out after the house was ready. I just finished my landscaping 2 weeks ago.

Has anyone else had Vlam Hush Glazing (Acoustic Glazing) on their windows installed??

If so, what was your experience?
Hi jk27, hows your build going? Handover before Xmas?

just wondering what everyone here chose as your main wall colour? there are so many shades of white!
Buildingourfirstnest
just wondering what everyone here chose as your main wall colour? there are so many shades of white!

Crisp White (same white used in the display homes)
k3nnis
Hi jk27, hows your build going? Handover before Xmas?

It's going, SS still fairly confident we will have handover before Christmas, but it's going to be so close not sure how they will get any rectification work finalised.

Got our Practical Completion email etc....sadly now the arguing is going to start, not happy about a few things they want to apply the majority of our PA's against!!
I chose winter ice

k3nnis
Tiler was good for us. Turned up as expected. I know AD. She was the admin girl when I was at tender stage lol. Looks like they get promoted each year
Cant believe it has been 3.5months since we moved in! Time flies.

Has it been a good 3.5 months?? Has been they anything you needed them to come back and sort out?? Anything we need to keep in mind?
Hi jk, what do you mean against PA? And what are the issues?

JK27
k3nnis
Tiler was good for us. Turned up as expected. I know AD. She was the admin girl when I was at tender stage lol. Looks like they get promoted each year

Has it been a good 3.5 months?? Has been they anything you needed them to come back and sort out?? Anything we need to keep in mind?

Yeah been a good 3.5 months I guess. Could be worse. I had man in a van come today. 3 months warranties team. Just some paint crack touch ups due to the house being settled. It’s normal. Other than that all good.

Darth_Bill
Has anyone had issues with there provisional items being way off the mark ?

I am now starting to really question Clarendon quoting an tendering process.

When we started this process the price difference between the initial quote an tender quote was over $75k. My wife and I were little taken back, it was the explained to us the sales person may not have know other things to take into account when quoting, hence the large price difference. So we did our sums and worked out we can afford the tender quote, and proceeded onto the next step.

We are about to go into construction, and we received a PCV where basically there was a 15k provisional amount for stormwater hydraulics in the tender, now they want an additional 15k on top of the provisional amount

I am getting worried about the other provisional items and are we are going to get hit with additional PCV's adding to the other provisional items. Thereby throwing our budget out the window.

Anyone else had this happen to them, if so what can I expect. I dont really want to go back to the bank and change our loan amount.Sounds something

Sounds similar to us - surprise surprise we had a need for Drop Edge Beam because we happen to be in a flood affected area (which they had known since they got our 149 Cert) so not sure why they had to wait so long to let us know - then the cost of it at $10K and the Hyrdaulics/Plumbing of $7K, which we queried and queried, we got them to get second plumbing quotes, break down items, spoke directly with their Hydraulic Engineer, escalated to Ops Manager....they gave us two options. One with a definite cost and know what we were up for, or one with a lower cost to start with but an open ended cost that could escalate (and probably would with them). And we were further along in the process than you when all this was sprung on us. We have tried to be on top of these sort of costs, but it basically comes down to how much are you prepared to absorb and how bad do you want the house.

It was our buffer that was consumed, so we won't be getting the wishlist 'King' Furniture sofa.
gdmonty
For everyone in construction at the moment we are in week 13, and for 6 weeks waiting for brickies to start. Anyone else in the same boat

Sadly, sounds pretty standard. It took us 10 weeks to get a slab and frame delivery, let alone brickies to start and actually stay continuously. It's pretty much been like that since the beginning of this thread. Hope they turn up for you soon.
How about “natuzzi” furniture?:) I had to settle for nick scali lol

k3nnis
JK27
k3nnis

Yeah been a good 3.5 months I guess. Could be worse. I had man in a van come today. 3 months warranties team. Just some paint crack touch ups due to the house being settled. It’s normal. Other than that all good.

Oh that's positive. Did you need any brick work fixed?? We may need to have Bricks removed and redone (pretty dodge and mortar is not great). I'm alittle scared to let SS know about it when time comes
k3nnis
Hi jk, what do you mean against PA? And what are the issues?

so we had $10K PA for rock excavation and $2K PA for plumbing/hydraulics, which Ive asked for several times over the last couple of months and told we had to wait. We have also already paid for DEB, please excavation for it, we also paid an additional $7K in hydraulics/plumbing for this DEB, they now want to charge us $2750 for formwork on the DEB and more for rock excavation for DEB, plus almost $5K for rock excavation for the plumbing work.

It's friday and I don't have the energy to stress tonight, will get pumped up for the reply on Sunday night
JK27
k3nnis
JK27
[quote="k3nnis"]Tiler was good for us. Turned up as expected. I know AD. She was the admin girl when I was at tender stage lol. Looks like they get promoted each year

Oh that's positive. Did you need any brick work fixed?? We may need to have Bricks removed and redone (pretty dodge and mortar is not great). I'm alittle scared to let SS know about it when time comes
/quote]

My bricks were fine. Happy with that.

k3nnis
How about “natuzzi” furniture?:) I had to settle for nick scali lol

mate the way we're going, Ikea is going to be a luxury
:lol:
Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum