Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Thomas Archer Hive 46 (customised) Build 2020-21

Page 10 of 12
Yeah. Main road, but nothing much more significant (IMO) than the road bigdaddy built on - which didn't have a $18k bill for traffic management!

Technically, we're classified as a "secondary arterial road" by VicRoads. There may be council variations too. We're Kingston.
BigDaddy

Only the top part is caulked from inside the house. The below and sides are not caulked. Should all 4 sides be caulked? I can see gaps in the bottom of some of the windows.

Hi Big Daddy,

The windows would need to be sealed from all four sides for both weatherproof reasons & cosmetic reasons, Not caulked it leaves another access point for bugs & unwanted weather while also looking unfinished.

This photo on my site shows exactly how the window should be finished https://www.correctcaulking.com.au/Caul ... rojects-18 , Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jono
CorrectCaulking
BigDaddy

Only the top part is caulked from inside the house. The below and sides are not caulked. Should all 4 sides be caulked? I can see gaps in the bottom of some of the windows.

Hi Big Daddy,

The windows would need to be sealed from all four sides for both weatherproof reasons & cosmetic reasons, Not caulked it leaves another access point for bugs & unwanted weather while also looking unfinished.

This photo on my site shows exactly how the window should be finished https://www.correctcaulking.com.au/Caul ... rojects-18 , Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jono

when you say sealed, what do you mean? with what product?
sifntdaz
CorrectCaulking
BigDaddy

Hi Big Daddy,

Thanks,

Jono

when you say sealed, what do you mean? with what product?

The windows need to be sealed/caulked around the whole perimeter, Silicone is the best product to use, We us Soudal All Purpose.
Wellbuild
We also paid a $3300 drafting fee due to many changes we made to the Evoke floor plan.

We have started on site but are now delayed due to traffic management - something that was an $18k cost in our Tender - yes, you read that right, not a typo.

We signed our PSQ in Feb 2020. The process has been largely frustrating but seeing pics from bigdaddy, blacktea2sugars and lilaandco gives me some hope....

I'll start my own thread about our experience given how helpful the other threads have been for me. I go from days of being excited and happy with TA to days of wondering why on earth we chose them as a builder. All part of the process, I guess....

Have also had similar thoughts. We signed at a similar time to you and yet to start
Wellbuild
Yeah. Main road, but nothing much more significant (IMO) than the road bigdaddy built on - which didn't have a $18k bill for traffic management!

Technically, we're classified as a "secondary arterial road" by VicRoads. There may be council variations too. We're Kingston.

Yeah agree. $18K is a huge variation and I would have thought that it should have been picked up at PSQ given they should have known by yr address that you’re on a main road. Hopefully it all goes smoothly from here!
Thought I would show off our original paintings adorning our hallway. Ecstatic how good these paintings look 😀

They look amazing!! Who's the first one by?
Agreed - they look great - who are the artists?
They look amazing! Also keen to know who the artists are
Thanks. The first artist truly caught my eye and really wanted one of her paintings. The second artist's painting is called perception and both my wife and I liked it. The links are below

https://www.artfinder.com/artist/suthamma-thimkaeo/

https://www.artfinder.com/artist/yigitdundar/
wow, awesome! Love your house design. We are thinking thomas archer with same design. can i ask how much in total you spent? how much per sq? our house is on main road too. guess the traffic control will be expensive. thank you
wow, awesome! Love your house design. We are thinking thomas archer with same design. can i ask how much in total you spent? how much per sq? our house is on main road too. guess the traffic control will be expensive. thank you
Aimee

Thanks. For us it was around 16k per square. Mind you the prices would have gone up now since we signed the contract. Yes can't escape the traffic control cost. It all depends on how busy the streets are.
BigDaddy
Aimee

Thanks. For us it was around 16k per square. Mind you the prices would have gone up now since we signed the contract. Yes can't escape the traffic control cost. It all depends on how busy the streets are.

Thank you. May I ask how much is your traffic control cost? Is your property next to the main road as well?
Our dining room.

Wow. So luxe, I love it! Do you have windows on all sides of the dining room?

May I also ask where you got your dining table and chairs from? Love love love!!
[quote="BigDaddy"]Our dining room.

Looks amazing - great Job !
build2020
Wow. So luxe, I love it! Do you have windows on all sides of the dining room?

May I also ask where you got your dining table and chairs from? Love love love!!

Thanks! 3 sides and it overlooks the pool. Once pool is commissioned will show how it looks.

The table is from Globe west and chairs from Trit house.
wow looks stunning! and the sheers have turned out magic can't wait to see the pool once its in! love globe west we got a lot of our furniture from there too!
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum