Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Sentosa 52 Modified

Page 10 of 24
Layout so good!!!!!
dulie
Layout so good!!!!!

Thanks!

Does anyone feel like without their furniture the house feels smaller somehow? lol
Freak_Zombie
dulie
Layout so good!!!!!

Thanks!

Does anyone feel like without their furniture the house feels smaller somehow? lol

Yes, we had that same feeling. You can't really appreciate a big area till you see common things in there for comparison.
Lol ours was the opposite. It needed furniture to make it look more cosy. Cos it looked too big. Specially the family room. And our couch which we though was big. Looks small in our lounge room.

Is the house getting left opened for you?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Lol ours was the opposite. It needed furniture to make it look more cosy. Cos it looked too big. Specially the family room. And our couch which we though was big. Looks small in our lounge room.

Is the house getting left opened for you?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

It's just not locked yet.

I'm excited to see how it looks like with furniture 😍

Not loving the large extra add on to the side of the house due to the corner build requirement. None of the other corner builds have it as large or as elaborate mine. Could have used that money for other stuff 😔

I like it. It’s good to be different. Our house stands out too. Out of the whole street. It looks like a giant compare to the rest of the street.

Did you spend much on that add on?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
I like it. It’s good to be different. Our house stands out too. Out of the whole street. It looks like a giant compare to the rest of the street.

Did you spend much on that add on?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I honestly don't know. It was part of the contract. It wasn't an upgrade price.

Anyways I was really happy to learn over the weekend that regardless if my neighbour builds a single storey or double storey house it definitely won't be blocking my rear view 😍😍

The orange line is where the neighbour's house would come up to be at the very maximum.

What is the extra feature you had to have on the corner?

House is looking great Zombie!
shokel1975
What is the extra feature you had to have on the corner?

House is looking great Zombie!

Thanks Shokel! Unfortunately they've slowed down alot. Hopefully I can still get it by early feb next year as they mentioned.

So they added a pegola to the side, basically two pillars. I'm guessing the whole pegola won't be cheap, what with all that bricks, metal beams and rendering. Probs $20k at least? Maybe it was my house design, I've seen some really basic pegolas for some of the other corner plots.
You have so much nature light coming into your home. Just love it. What colour is the black feature walls? Domino?

Thanks so much! Big fan of natural light. Always preferred a much brighter home. Woah, really good eye. You're right, if I'm not mistaken they are Domino.
Super bummed. Today I finally noticed a mistake I missed that metricon made. At studio m I told them to upgrade ALL the stacker doors to. The 300 series. Instead of doing so they only did it for two sets.

Any thoughts guys? Tried looking for an email to prove it but the problem is I only told the consultant during the studio m consult. Especially since they were pushing for me to go for the 300 series. Why would I only upgrade some of the doors then?

Anyways they have completed the external rendering. Internally I can see the tiling is close to done! So close. Now all that's left are electricals, bench tops, carpet, taps and toilet.

Freak_Zombie
Super bummed. Today I finally noticed a mistake I missed that metricon made. At studio m I told them to upgrade ALL the stacker doors to. The 300 series. Instead of doing so they only did it for two sets.

Any thoughts guys? Tried looking for an email to prove it but the problem is I only told the consultant during the studio m consult. Especially since they were pushing for me to go for the 300 series. Why would I only upgrade some of the doors then?

Anyways they have completed the external rendering. Internally I can see the tiling is close to done! So close. Now all that's left are electricals, bench tops, carpet, taps and toilet.

Have you tried looking in your doors and windows quote? What’s does it say in your plans?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Plans says 200 series. Paperwork just says as per studio m consultantation dated (xx/xx/20xx)
So even your windows and doors quote? And contract? Do you have it as a variation maybe?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
So even your windows and doors quote? And contract? Do you have it as a variation maybe?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I would have to check again. Really disappointed. I should not have to check their work. Shouldn't it be sufficient that when I told them to upgrade all the sliding doors that, that would be sufficient?
Oh man. They messed up again. I told them to increase the height of all the windows which they did but only for the ground floor. They forgot about the 1st floor. Urgh. It's probably too late now. I do have it an email that all my window heights were supposed to be increased.
Damn that sux! Unfortunately you have to go through everything with a fine comb when it comes to these contracts and variations. Without anything in writing, I don't like your chances of things changed. Surely there's a variation where they charged you the said upgrades?
Freak_Zombie
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I would have to check again. Really disappointed. I should not have to check their work. Shouldn't it be sufficient that when I told them to upgrade all the sliding doors that, that would be sufficient?

Such a shame and so disappointing for you. Unfortunately you have to check EVERYTHING with M. I found so many mistakes in plans and in contracts. Felt exactly the same way – I shouldn’t have to do their job for them… But I couldn’t take that chance, so I checked everything.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum