Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Madison 35 by Clarendon Homes - Handover!!

Page 10 of 11
More updates!

PCI was on Friday 26 July. Overall it was pretty good - they were still doing work, like running a silicon bead around plenty of joints, and still had to put some of the internal door handles on, arrange the NBN connection box, and yep Rhetti they put an aluminium plate around the window frame, so that'll be sealed up.

Allinspect were unavailable on this date, but they kindly recommended QBI, so we used them instead for this inspection. A number of defects were picked up on, but hopefully nothing that should impact handover - which is next week! A couple of update photos are below.

We're still sorting out quotes for driveway and other concreting plus converting the electric hot water to either solar or heat pump. That should all be locked in over the next few days, ready to start doing these things soon after handover.

Fence is down, rubbish has been cleared away

Amazing sunlight streaming into the living room

Our 900mm oven and burner. Can supersize the Christmas turkey/ham this year!

Stairs now with the carpet installed

Really happy with how the black cabinet and bench have come up against the timber look tile

Powder room colours

Ensuite... loving the splashback and huge mirror!
That is looking great. You must be super happy with it all. Can't wait to do our own walkthrough.
Oh that is awesome news KT! Love the photos!
We had handover today!! Very exciting though there's still a number of things to happen before we move in, and more still after that. Funnily, when the site supervisor arrived and opened up the house, a little dog from one of the neighbours came in and explored, leaving some little paw prints in the builder's dust on the tiles

So, what happens during handover?
We arrived and met with the site supervisor, who was arranging the paperwork and getting things in order for presentation. While he did that we walked through the house to check things had been rectified from the practical completion inspection. There were a number of things still outstanding, but none that would affect us moving in right away if we wanted.

The site supervisor noted the defects requiring attention and we signed some paperwork to this effect. We then went through the handover book, which described the various warranties, and both ours and Clarendon's obligations, signing a few acknowledgements along the way.

We then went through the operation of the electrical devices and he handed over the keys and a welcome present (a set of Sheridan towels, matching our bathroom colours). The site supervisor then left - so the whole process took about 2 hours.

The security screen company arrived and fitted screens to all the windows and doors. My parents came to see the house and we had some food on the alfresco in our camping chairs

We then arranged for a termite barrier to be fitted (for Monday) at the front of the garage, ready for the driveway - this was something the site supervisor explained during handover was required. Lucky that we were able to book it in at such short notice. We also booked our electrician to upgrade the lights/powerpoints and install some of our purchases.

What next? WIR is installed tomorrow, and some of the rectification work will take place. On Monday the hot water system will be exchanged for Solar, and the concrete company will come in to excavate and set the formwork ready for a pour either that day or Tuesday. Thursday is electrical, and that's about it for the moment! Phew!

Still need to organise the fencing, window coverings, letterbox, NBN connection, soil, grass, gardens..... the list goes on! But much of that can happen steadily over the coming weeks.

Welcome home gift

Our first decorative touch

Security screens installed

Security screens installed
'My parents came to see the house and we had some food on the alfresco in our camping chairs'
haha!
This will most likely be part of my handover day to
What a beautiful home! Congratulations:)
Yay! Happy moving in, and getting everything organised. It'll be a busy time ahead, but so worth it. Will look forward to seeing 'completed home' pictures when it occurs.
Looks awesome! Congratulations!!!

I was not aware we had to get a termite barrier before the driveway installation. May I ask who you contaced to get this arranged? Looks like I'll have to do it next week.
Blue0202
What a beautiful home! Congratulations:)

Thanks Blue!
TiredHalo
Yay! Happy moving in, and getting everything organised. It'll be a busy time ahead, but so worth it. Will look forward to seeing 'completed home' pictures when it occurs.

Yeah the days are quickly filling with various trades, or at least quotes for various trades! But it's fun at least
dg626
Looks awesome! Congratulations!!!

I was not aware we had to get a termite barrier before the driveway installation. May I ask who you contaced to get this arranged? Looks like I'll have to do it next week.

Thanks!

Yeah we weren't either, so when they told us we needed it prior to the driveway being poured it was a bit of panic stations! Luckily the company are able to fit in at pretty short notice

I've attached a photo of the company brochure - hopefully it helps!

The walk in robe company finished their installation yesterday - we're very happy with how it's turned out!

Today was a bit of cleaning, some odds and ends, as well as purchasing the ceiling fans. We already have the lights we're adding, but couldn't help looking around for more!

Ceiling fans

This is the best picture I could find of the type of pendant lights we're having in the stair case
KingTaco
The walk in robe company finished their installation yesterday - we're very happy with how it's turned out!

Today was a bit of cleaning, some odds and ends, as well as purchasing the ceiling fans. We already have the lights we're adding, but couldn't help looking around for more!

Looks good. Who did you end up going with?
Hi may I ask how much it was to have the WIR done?

KingTaco

Ceiling fans

This is the best picture I could find of the type of pendant lights we're having in the stair case

Where are you purchasing the pendant lights from?
TiredHalo
KingTaco

Looks good. Who did you end up going with?

Thanks! We went with Wardrobe Design Centre, at Slacks Creek. They were super accomodating, prompt, and the price was good too
Ren88
Hi may I ask how much it was to have the WIR done?

It was about $2500 including installation
juliep100
KingTaco

Ceiling fans

Where are you purchasing the pendant lights from?

So the stair case pendants we got from Beacon Lighting, as well as the up/down lights for the front exterior. We got a LED bar for the garage from Lighting Illusions (where we got our fans), and our electrician will supply downlights and sensor lights.

Not sure what we'll do about the kitchen though... still looking for something that jumps out at us both
Yesterday we had the electric hot water system removed (sold on gumtree! $$) and solar hot water installed. The concrete company was also there to do all the excavation, as well as formwork for the back and side paths. There probably were some other things, but my brain was mush by the end of the day.

The back and side paths were concreted today and they're looking really good! The formwork was set for the driveway and front path, ready for concreting tomorrow. I spent a bit of time breaking my back by getting the weeds out of the top tier of the retaining wall, so it's ready for some soil improvement and plants. The cabinet maker came out to measure up the space in the laundry, so hopefully that will crack on soon as well.

This is what i arrived to see - what was meant to be the concreter meeting to discuss things before they started later, and solar people not arriving for another 30 mins, instead I find it all in full swing!

Panels for hot water system getting lifted onto roof

The old hot water system is taken away

New hot water system is in and looking good!

Concreters getting stuck in to the kerb and footpath

Much more space down the side now the hot water system is gone

We'll be able to wheel a bin or barrow through there nicely now

About 14m of weeds to dig

All gone! Now to get the cultivator and some soil products up there

Front and side ready for the next round of concreting

Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum