Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Miami 31- Brighton Homes- Northern Gold Coast

Page 10 of 11
cory
Thanks for telling that they don't have fixed price contract but what exactly does that mean? Does it meant they can change the price of the build anytime during the build? Our previous builds are all with fixed price contract.

That’s basically what it means however it pretty much only applies to site costs. So if they go to do your piering for example but it’s discovered that what was engineered originally, after your soil tests won’t be sufficient then they’ll add more and you’ll be sent a variation to pay. They can’t change the price for no reason. It’s only if something unforeseen comes up. That’s why we have an allowance for rock included. This is unforeseen as they won’t know exactly what we’re working with until they start digging. It was better for us to include the allowance then be out of pocket for however much it may cost.
It took 28hrs of digging to get the pool done and our back retaining dug/yard leveled out enough to be able to pour the pool shell but we eventually got there in the end. Today the work safe platform was installed which meant we were finally able to hand the site back to Brighton. Fingers crossed we see a slab in the next couple of weeks 🤞🏻🤞🏻

We also took advantage of the Beacon sales and grabbed pendants for our kitchen and master bedroom. Things are starting to feel real now 😁

kailie86
It took 28hrs of digging to get the pool done and our back retaining dug/yard leveled out enough to be able to pour the pool shell but we eventually got there in the end. Today the work safe platform was installed which meant we were finally able to hand the site back to Brighton. Fingers crossed we see a slab in the next couple of weeks 🤞🏻🤞🏻

We also took advantage of the Beacon sales and grabbed pendants for our kitchen and master bedroom. Things are starting to feel real now 😁

It's starting to come together Kailie! We drove around the estate today and seen the platform on your pool shell and the plumbing poking out of the ground....oh and lots and lots of jack hammered rock bits!! Must be a relief to see the back of that situation. You'll be able to relax in your pool sometime this summer and tell the tale of the 28hr rock excavation saga
Santo65
kailie86

It's starting to come together Kailie! We drove around the estate today and seen the platform on your pool shell and the plumbing poking out of the ground....oh and lots and lots of jack hammered rock bits!! Must be a relief to see the back of that situation. You'll be able to relax in your pool sometime this summer and tell the tale of the 28hr rock excavation saga

I’ll relax after I get the rock excavation bill if it comes in under budget 😂. Very much looking forward to moving in but we won’t be relaxing by the pool until next summer lol. 6 month build times means we won’t be moving in until Easter lol. There are some houses in Jax Crt that are almost finished with people moving in this month 😯
kailie86
Santo65
kailie86

I’ll relax after I get the rock excavation bill if it comes in under budget 😂. Very much looking forward to moving in but we won’t be relaxing by the pool until next summer lol. 6 month build times means we won’t be moving in until Easter lol. There are some houses in Jax Crt that are almost finished with people moving in this month 😯

Ouch 6 months...I thought it may have been a bit sooner...hopefully the weather will stay warm until April
Our contract is actually for 9 months but praying it doesn’t take that long 🤞🏻🤞🏻 We’ve been told around 24 weeks. Then we’ll have to wait for the pool people to come back, do the pebblecrete, do all the coping and plumbing, fencing and then we can fill it with water. It’s a long process lol. You’ll probably be in well before us!

We’re ready to be slabbed 💃🏼😎
kailie86

Hoooray!! Let the pouring begin!!!
Santo65
kailie86

Bring on the sunshine!!!
kailie86
Santo65
kailie86

Bring on the sunshine!!!

Hmmmm....so they didn't get to pour the slab before the rain this week I take it?
Nope, it’s meant to happen tomorrow morning but with a 100% chance of rain forecast I don’t like our chance!
kailie86
Nope, it’s meant to happen tomorrow morning but with a 100% chance of rain forecast I don’t like our chance!

Yep, unfortunately the weather man is right when you need him to be wrong
Hoping it will clear up through the week for you Kailie. We're trying to finish off some renos on our house to get it on the market but this weather is making it near impossible as well.
We’ve been slabbed 🎉💃🏼

kailie86
We’ve been slabbed 🎉💃🏼

Well, well, well...that's a 'slab' in the face you'd be happy to take any day of the week! Congrats!!
Santo65
kailie86
We’ve been slabbed 🎉💃🏼

Well, well, well...that's a 'slab' in the face you'd be happy to take any day of the week! Congrats!!

😂😂😂😂
Frames have begun 💃🏼

Next week we’ll see the frame finished, roof trusses up, gutter/fascia installed and hopefully a roof 😁
kailie86
Frames have begun 💃🏼

Next week we’ll see the frame finished, roof trusses up, gutter/fascia installed and hopefully a roof 😁

It never ceases to amaze me how quick the next stage is once the slab is done. Awesome!!!!
Week 5 updates- roof finished, windows and doors in and plumbing rough in completed 😁

kailie86
Week 5 updates- roof finished, windows and doors in and plumbing rough in completed 😁

Wow awesome Kailie!!! We've not been over there for a few weeks now so a bit behind what's been happening. It's looking fantastic
Santo65
kailie86

Wow awesome Kailie!!! We've not been over there for a few weeks now so a bit behind what's been happening. It's looking fantastic

Thanks
slowly coming along. Bricks will start on Wednesday. Hope everything is progressing well for you 😊
Related
30/05/2024
Roof Colour - Northern Beaches Council

Building A New House

We had a DA approved last year and here is the condition that was imposed by Northern Beaches council:

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum