Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Grange 25 (Newport)

Page 10 of 17
CC7
bestspecials
CC7
it's going to be strange going to the house and not being able to walk through haha

YAY for tiles!! I went to Beaumonts after a much needed massage this afternoon, confirmed the grout that was on the wall display was what we picked, and I'm so excited to see it come to life in our kitchen

Can't wait to see your bathrooms and kitchen come together too. Have they waterproofed yet?

Yes, we are waterproofed and bathroom and laundry cabinets are in. I am hoping that the cabinet colour works with the feature tile the way I hope it will.
We went with National Tiles. I can't remember what colour I chose for the floor grout, but it was something that matched at the time.
I think it might be nice to get a bit of a surprise from now on.

I just went back to jog my memory. i think it will look nice! Is the feature wall going behind the vanity? We would have loved to have done feature.

Our floor tile will be a darker grey, and our benchtop is Urban. So i feel like they are similar colours as your feature/cabinet colours just jumbled around a bit in ours. I'm worried about how they will look with mine though, pure white walls, and white cabinets. Hoping we shouldn't have done a woodgrain look.

Ours may look too plain and boring. Would have loved a white bench top, but we upgraded in the kitchen so decided to stick with standard else where. Our white tiles are like STARK white, so i was worried the standard white ceaserstone would look weird with the walls

time will tell! You are right, it's all going to be a surprise, can't wait.

We have the feature on the opposite wall to the vanity. The chocolate colour of the vanity is to pick up the dark flecks in the brown tiles and ice snow for the bench top. Who knows how it will look!!
The other tiles are off white. I don't know. I suppose I will find out sooner rather than later.
bestspecials
We have the feature on the opposite wall to the vanity. The chocolate colour of the vanity is to pick up the dark flecks in the brown tiles and ice snow for the bench top. Who knows how it will look!!
The other tiles are off white. I don't know. I suppose I will find out sooner rather than later.

I have a feeling it will really work out well because your tiles are off white. Can't wait to see
Looking great! Loving the look and height of those red rock battons.
cigr
Looking great! Loving the look and height of those red rock battons.

Thanks. We are happy with them. Just can't wait to see it all come together.
CC7
bestspecials

I have a feeling it will really work out well because your tiles are off white. Can't wait to see

Have a meeting with the tiler in the morning. Hoping that he says 'Sure, I can do whatever you want'
bestspecials
CC7
bestspecials

Have a meeting with the tiler in the morning. Hoping that he says 'Sure, I can do whatever you want'

ooo let me know how it goes. I don't even know if we are getting to meet ours? lol

is he due to start tomorrow too? so exciting! I got excited to see the window frames and door frames, it somehow made a HUGE difference to the rooms, like they were bigger or something lol So it will be amazing for you to see the tiles in person again
So, had meeting with the tiler today. He said that he prefers to talk to the owner before he starts. Very nice man.
Has put all my fears to rest.
The tiles are as nice as I remember. I was starting to stress that the shine tiles would be too glossy.

They are starting the tiling today and said that they should be finished by next Thursday.
Then they come back at the end of the build and do the external tiling.

All grout lines will match up. Happy days!!
Yay that’s such great news!! πŸ‘πŸ»
9 weeks today since they started on our house. Just amazed at how much has been done.
WOW less than a week, that's great! Cannot wait for next weekends house update from you. so glad it went well for you
Tiling has started. We are locked out.

Yay tiles how exciting! It sucks your locked out, when so much exciting stuff is happening!! πŸ˜„
Now comes the time of peaking through windows or trying to climb through them haha

I thought they did main floor tiles last? ohhh you are making sure your grout lines match in the bathroom with the main too hey? that would be why

so exciting
CC7
Now comes the time of peaking through windows or trying to climb through them haha

I thought they did main floor tiles last? ohhh you are making sure your grout lines match in the bathroom with the main too hey? that would be why

so exciting

We are doing the same tile through the whole house and tiler said he is doing all the tiling at once. The SS said at the beginning that the tiler would be doing the whole house at the same time. He will come back and do the external tiling once the renders and painters finish out there.
And, I spoke to him about matching the grout lines through the wet areas and also matching them with the outside tile too.

So, all structural work is done. It is just the fitout now.
Everything seems to be cracking on with your build best! Facade looks great. At this rate time between lockout and PCI doesn't look too long, but happy it's all going along well for you

watto82
Everything seems to be cracking on with your build best! Facade looks great. At this rate time between lockout and PCI doesn't look too long, but happy it's all going along well for you

Thanks. We are happy. Would just like an idea of when PCI will be as we are in a rental property and trying to extend the lease.
Those tiles look lovely. Were they an upgrade?
TiredHalo
Those tiles look lovely. Were they an upgrade?

No, the tiles are Alpine Ivory Shine Finish 450 x 450 (National Tiles). We upgraded the grout to a lighter colour for $117.
We are doing the Alpine Ivory Outdoor Finish for the Alfresco.
We were very happy as all the tiles we liked were from the Builders Range.
Awesome. Thanks for that. We are looking at going for a lighter tile as well, but most ones in display homes we liked were of a larger size, so nice to see those are included as standard cost. One option noted.
TiredHalo
Awesome. Thanks for that. We are looking at going for a lighter tile as well, but most ones in display homes we liked were of a larger size, so nice to see those are included as standard cost. One option noted.

They actually look nicer than I remembered from selection. And the sample they gave us was so small.
It is so hard to pick when you only see one or two tiles. I will take more photos next weekend when they are finished.
Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum