Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Build with Summit Perth WA

Page 10 of 20
Thanks guys. I think it would just finish off the area nicely and without it the wall will look a little untidy as it would stand out between the windows. Quite happy to pay $100 extra if that is the case

For anyone who is DIY painting and trying to work out how much paint you will need (and work out how much it may set you back for budget purposes) i found a paint calculator on the Bunnings website, winning!
Summitlovin
Thanks guys. I think it would just finish off the area nicely and without it the wall will look a little untidy as it would stand out between the windows. Quite happy to pay $100 extra if that is the case

For anyone who is DIY painting and trying to work out how much paint you will need (and work out how much it may set you back for budget purposes) i found a paint calculator on the Bunnings website, winning!

Thanks for that info! I’ll check it out because I had no idea how much or cost
J278
Summitlovin

You’re welcome! I think I’m going to get a professional in to prep my walls properly then the family & I will roll the paint on. Doing it that way It looks like I’m still coming out at least $1k in front
Summitlovin
J278
Summitlovin

You’re welcome! I think I’m going to get a professional in to prep my walls properly then the family & I will roll the paint on. Doing it that way It looks like I’m still coming out at least $1k in front

Went out to the site today. Frame is done & theyve done the rough in for electrical and plumbing. My OCD has kicked in a little bit though as the electrical for the tv in theatre and living room aren’t centred. I’ve asked the SS if there is a reason for that or if it could be corrected.

I certainly know that OC feeling, the water outlet does not look central and is that your living room with the wall boxes ?
Choosy
I certainly know that OC feeling, the water outlet does not look central and is that your living room with the wall boxes ?

The water outlet I think is a little off but not enough to drive me nuts haha. Yes, that photo is in my living room. This photo is my theatre room

They might have done your theatre room ones central to the room not the wall however that theory does not appear to be case with the living room ones, what do your plans say ?
Choosy
They might have done your theatre room ones central to the room not the wall however that theory does not appear to be case with the living room ones, what do your plans say ?

My plans show the power/data points central on the wall as it’s only a small wall between the windows, especially on the plans.
Very annoying when they don't follow the plans, if you have a TV large enough it would cover them.
Do you have a rail shower? As the outlet is usually offset so that the shower rail gets fixed central
the electrical sockets are anyways going to be behind the TV when you wall mount it ? So it is good thing to have them off centre to give more room for wires.
Makes sense shower rails are lower and offset.
Choosy/Just A draftee i think i know what you mean by rail shower (thanks to google hahaha) and yes, i do have a rail shower. So that solves that problem.
JPmontoya Thanks for that, that makes sense. After talking to family they think that the theatre provisions should be fine as well as i can still centre the tv on the wall, allow room for the cords & it not look messy.

Thank you everyone for your input! Really appreciate everyone giving advice to help me understand why things aren't quite done the way you think they would be. In better news the roof frame inspection was done with no issues & all bar a a couple of things were cleared with the brick work. Now for the tin!
I will suggest that add extra conduits now where you have TV getting mounted in the middle of the wall. I missed that during the prestart as well but I got my electrician to come in and run the conduit all the way to the bottom of the wall incase we decide to have an entertainment unit along with speakers
Don't worry, I thought the same thing when I saw mine then realised what was going on
glad that is one less thing on your mind haha
jpmontoya
I will suggest that add extra conduits now where you have TV getting mounted in the middle of the wall. I missed that during the prestart as well but I got my electrician to come in and run the conduit all the way to the bottom of the wall incase we decide to have an entertainment unit along with speakers

Thank you! I think I did add an extra conduit in but will revisit my plans once I’m home and confirm what I’ve done.
Hi Summitlovin,

In the picture with the tap, is that a combo box next to the tap ?

I had tried to put tap quite close to the combo box and my builder told me, it needs a certain amount of clearance from the combo box - 85 cm or something. Is that true ?

Cheers !
kidu13
Hi Summitlovin,

In the picture with the tap, is that a combo box next to the tap ?

I had tried to put tap quite close to the combo box and my builder told me, it needs a certain amount of clearance from the combo box - 85 cm or something. Is that true ?

Cheers !

Hey kidu13!
It is the combo box next to the tap. I know some builders cut corners but I very highly doubt that they would cut a corner so obvious with water & electricity. One of my colleagues at work said his combo box is on top and his tap is underneath. I think your builder *may* be telling porkies? Or perhaps that’s their procedure to not have the two so close together? I’ll be going to the site tomorrow I’m sure so I’ll measure out the distance between the two if you’re interested?
Mines right next to it. I believe a meterbox is classified as an approved enclosure and is allowed the reduced clearance
Went to site today to find my downpipes & gutters have been delivered. I chose surfmist for the downpipes around the back and sides of the house. The front downpipes will be painted to match my render colour. My Gutters are monument. Also found more plumbing & electrical work had been done. Keeping my fingers crossed for roof to be done by the end of the week.

Downpipes

Gutters
Related
14/06/2024
Advice needed for first time build in Perth

Building A New House

granny can live in the garage. just give her a few extra blankets rofl

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

16/06/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Sadly no movement on site since soak wells went in. There are also missing/wrong storm water drains which need to be sorted, along with a broken pipe. Plumbing has been…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum