Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Henley Palace Lux Q1 5BR with MODs in West MEL

Page 10 of 12
Rachael13
Spice girl - just catch up on your progress - so sorry to hear that titles are to be delayed again. Not sure who you're with for pre-approvals but I had mine expire about 3 times since I started the journey and have had them renewed along the way via email of all things but I'm presuming this is because we are not using a broker and working directly with the bank manger directly. Can you talk with your finance, to see how you can keep your pre-approval current whilst you are waiting on land title?

I hope that you not caught out to badly with your current housing.

Good luck and stay positive.

Thanks Rachael13, really appreciate the encouragement. We are working with Waterstone Broker with ANZ. The 2nd preapproval was very quick, virtually next day approval after updating our paperwork.
We are currently renting but we do need more space, and another son comes home from overseas in late May. Would have been great to have house ready by then, but that is becoming unlikely.
Hi @Spice girl any update on your title? I am about to lock a builder with 12 months price lock and wondering if 6 months is a good buffer for delays in the title date or not. My title is expected in Feb/March
immu999
Hi @Spice girl any update on your title? I am about to lock a builder with 12 months price lock and wondering if 6 months is a good buffer for delays in the title date or not. My title is expected in Feb/March

Hi immu999
6 months you would hope is enough but wasn't enough for us. Our title is now October which is 10 months delay. It takes two months approx from land title to site start and pricing matrix is calculated up to site start.
Have you had an updated timing from developer?
Finally - today have received positive update on the Land.

Completion expected to be middle of this month (September).

Access to the land for bank valuation and soil testing as soon as Developer receives approval certificate from council - expected mid to late September. YAHOO!
spice girl

Access to the land for bank valuation and soil testing as soon as Developer receives approval certificate from council - expected mid to late September. YAHOO!

Definitely some awesome news for you guys, Hopefully you will be able to start before chrismtas and at least be sitting at lockup!
stayxtrue
spice girl

Definitely some awesome news for you guys, Hopefully you will be able to start before chrismtas and at least be sitting at lockup!

Thanks. Just got word today the stage is very close to practical completion which we expect by the latest end of next week. Going to see it this weekend. Still waiting on henley to make 3 corrections to a variation we requested a while back.
Been waiting 3 weeks for the 3 corrections. Not difficult -
1. change a hinged door to cavity - as they changed it without request
2. change a hinged door to ensuite from 820 to 720 as they increased it when requesting to change it from cavity to hinged to get full wall tiling.
3. remove a charge on the variation as they charged me something they cannot actually do - relates to point 1

Have sent another follow up today. Admin advised they are prioritising titled land which i understand but this seems like a very small change.
Received update today the Land construction is now complete. Officially 9-10 months later than originally advised as still waiting on Statement of Compliance and Land Title registration. Its like having a baby...lol! Preapproval expires 5th Oct, so preparing to see the Broker again unless bank can be granted access asap but Developer doesn't seem willing as yet.
spice girl
Received update today the Land construction is now complete. Officially 9-10 months later than originally advised as still waiting on Statement of Compliance and Land Title registration. Its like having a baby...lol! Preapproval expires 5th Oct, so preparing to see the Broker again unless bank can be granted access asap but Developer doesn't seem willing as yet.

Woah finally!! fingers crossed everything runs smoothly for you guys!!
Final Drawings

So many bedrooms!! hhaha!
spice girl

Lol - nearly there but you know the deal with having a baby - at least you know that it won't go pass the nine month point.

Fingers crossed that things start moving quickly for you and that this labour is nice and quick

Latest Update - Finance is fully approved! Phew!
Land construction was completed 3/10/17 , now waiting council approval - been advised its any day now.
Update - delays in Council approval due to not passing energy infrastructure audit.
Was advised prior to Christmas that Council finally approved, once received SOC then will register title.
Land title expected mid Jan with settlement late Jan.
Waiting on Land has been a very LONG process!
Land has finally titled!

Now mad rush to get FHOG approved in time for settlement due 29th Jan.
Congratulations! It has been a long wait.
spice girl
Land has finally titled!

This is brilliant news for you. Finally land ahoy, and you will be re prioritised as land will be title.

YAY for you and the family.

Bring on construction!!!!
spice girl
Land has finally titled!

Congrats! Looks like we have matching dates, we're also settling on 29/1 after titles on 15/1
blackcat20
spice girl
Land has finally titled!

Congrats! Looks like we have matching dates, we're also settling on 29/1 after titles on 15/1

Thanks. Where is your land? Do you need to wait for FHOG to settle?
spice girl
blackcat20
spice girl
Land has finally titled!

Thanks. Where is your land? Do you need to wait for FHOG to settle?

South east melbourne. No, not as far as I'm aware.
Save
Update - land settlement 29 Jan
Engineering report received by Henley
Awairunf info from council then Henley will order energy assessment report.
Main floor tile on ground floor confirmed discontinued along with benchtops in laundry and ground powder room. Need to select replacements which most likely will mean new cabinetry and blinds also depending on floor tile.
Very happy the pace has picked up significantly since land was titled.

Related
21/05/2024
Building a flame zone house in West Pymble on a steep site

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, One of my favourite parts of a build is when the temporary fence comes down and the home begins to reveal itself. It also means we are on the home straight…

6/12/2023
Skylight facing west, sufficient light in mornings?

General Discussion

It might be a bit darker in the mornings but the light is still light, so you should be getting it. Similar to what you see from your western windows

16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum