Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Waldorf Grange by Porter Davis

Page 10 of 40
Fantastic news Waldorf! Finally a start date, which is very exciting. We should be starting not long after you

Dani_J
Fantastic news Waldorf! Finally a start date, which is very exciting. We should be starting not long after you

Yes great to finally have a date. Looking forward to seeing it take shape. I will be updating the blog as I go and taking lots of pics.

bd3watson
Waldorf_Grange_Build
bd3watson
[quote="Waldorf_Grange_Build"][quote="Waldorf_Grange_Build"][quote="bd3watson"]
What?!?!? That's ridiculous, PD need to get their **** together!!

Hopefully you are getting all the bad luck out the way early and your build will fly by without a hitch!!!

I certainly hope so. It would be great to go to site and have smooth sailing after that as much as possible. I will be showing our site supervisor the notes on your blog to hopefully avoid some of the things you had to go through. If they know in advance it may make our build process smoother.

bd3watson how has your build been going these past two weeks?

Nothing happening on our end. Still no site start date from PD.

Hey hey hey!!

Build is going well, we are waiting on one of our back sliding doors to be fixed still and my SS doesn't want to start any of the major fitout jobs until the house could officially be locked up...

So he said he is getting electrical and heating/cooling done later this week (however this may not happen as it is a short week and it may be pushed to next week) and the door was supposed to be fixed on Monday and I haven't been past to check if it has or now so I'm not sure of the status of it...

so right now the house is in limbo just waiting... I do believe that if the door is fixed hen from next week it's all hands on deck and 6 weeks fit offs will be done then it's PCI and fixes and then Certificate of occupancy inspection.

[/quote]

Sounds like you will be in it before you know it. Have you started packing anything?

I've already been decluttering and throwing things away/donating to prepare and we haven't even got a slab. Haha. I figure no point moving anything to the new house if I don't need it anymore.

[/quote]

We have everything in a storage unit already so it will just be packing the small things we have been living off for the last 12 months...

We have gotten a lot of quotes for things we are getting installed on handover I.e crimsafe doors, window tinting, concreting, spas, cameras etc.

You must be so excited about the slab date!!! And you're so lucky it's a dry part of the year so you won't have to worry about the rain!!

[/quote]

We will eventually need to get quotes for driveway, landscaping, curtains, fireplace etc but no point until we are closer to handover.

Well this is typical......after so many days of hot weather the day we are scheduled for site scrape it has been raining most of the day. I wonder if anything happened on our block...I haven't been out to check. I have to laugh after following so many other people's threads over the last few months this seems to be a popular occurrence with the weather and key dates. Murphy's Law.
Got a call from our Base Supervisor today. He mentioned they have started the site cut yesterday and planned to finish that off today.

He confirmed slab pour scheduled for April 5.

I notified Darbecca who will do a pre pour inspection on April 4.

I'll have to head out to the block and get some photos.

Waldorf_Grange_Build
Got a call from our Base Supervisor today. He mentioned they have started the site cut yesterday and planned to finish that off today.

That's amazing news!!!

Just FYI I believe Darbecca can liaise directly with the slab supervisor for you as this stage is notorious for delays!!!

Great news! You'll have a slab before Easter
bd3watson
Waldorf_Grange_Build

That's amazing news!!!

Just FYI I believe Darbecca can liaise directly with the slab supervisor for you as this stage is notorious for delays!!!

I emailed them today actually and gave them the supervisor's mobile number and asked them to call him. Hopefully from here on out they communicate well with each other until we get appointed the site supervisor and I don't have to intervene.

Good idea. I was wondering how we should go about teeing up inspections when the time comes. Easier if they just communicate. We are thinking of going with Darbecca as well or New Home Inspections.

Our 37sq Custom Hamptons Inspired Home:
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86931
Dani_J
Good idea. I was wondering how we should go about teeing up inspections when the time comes. Easier if they just communicate. We are thinking of going with Darbecca as well or New Home Inspections.

I went with Darbecca because so many people on these forums had highly recommended them. I've seen some of there reports and they find so many more things that need rectifying compared to the builder appointed inspector.

I haven't heard of New Home Inspections myself.

Went out to the land today to get some pics >> https://waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.co ... as-broken/

It has been 19 months since we initially put our deposit on the block so nice to see the broken ground.
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Went out to the land today to get some pics >> https://waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.co ... as-broken/

It has been 19 months since we initially put our deposit on the block so nice to see the broken ground.

That is amazing news, I can't wait to follow your progress!!! Remember photos are your friend... take lots and lots, we have had to refer to our because drains were missing and people tried to say we dumped rocks on their land!!

I also wanted to say that you should ask your SS soon - before tiling... To make sure they put the join in the tile splash back in the middle... ours is off to one side, not by much, but it is noticeable... just some food for thought... and something I wish I had thought of...

bd3watson
Waldorf_Grange_Build

That is amazing news, I can't wait to follow your progress!!! Remember photos are your friend... take lots and lots, we have had to refer to our because drains were missing and people tried to say we dumped rocks on their land!!

I also wanted to say that you should ask your SS soon - before tiling... To make sure they put the join in the tile splash back in the middle... ours is off to one side, not by much, but it is noticeable... just some food for thought... and something I wish I had thought of...

Thanks for the tips. Will definitely take lots of photos.

Can you please send me a pic of what you mean about the tiles? When we get introduced to our Site Supervisor (currently liaising with slab supervisor) I will mention it along with lots of other things that you encountered with your plans to try and avoid them happening to ours and then having to be re-done.
Congrats! So much excitement over some moved dirt, a fence and a porta loo
I'll be doing the same shortly!

Can't wait to watch the progress! Congratulations
Dani_J
Congrats! So much excitement over some moved dirt, a fence and a porta loo
I'll be doing the same shortly!

Haha yep

Waldorf_Grange_Build
bd3watson
Waldorf_Grange_Build

Can you please send me a pic of what you mean about the tiles? When we get introduced to our Site Supervisor (currently liaising with slab supervisor) I will mention it along with lots of other things that you encountered with your plans to try and avoid them happening to ours and then having to be re-done.

See how the middle line is slightly off centre

bd3watson
Waldorf_Grange_Build
bd3watson
[quote="Waldorf_Grange_Build"]Went out to the land today to get some pics >> https://waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.co ... as-broken/

See how the middle line is slightly off centre

[/quote]

Oh yeah I see what you mean. I love those tiles you've selected. Very stylish

I've picked the subway tile splashback though so I don't think it will be as noticeable if off centre as there will be vertical lines all over the place.

Piers are in https://waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.co ... rs-are-in/

Thanks Gravy for the pics.
Progress!

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum