Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

DAH Build in Landsdale WA - PCI

Page 10 of 10
Looks beautiful SallyS. Your kitchen is stunning, love the subway tiles and your benches. Not long to go now

After a delay with the painting, it has now been 100% completed! All that's left to do is the flooring and small fixtures and fittings such as door handles, towel rails, etc. and the final clean through.

I still regret not choosing a darker grey for the exterior but it still looks pretty good to me.

The internal wall colour doesn't look quite how I envisaged it (I thought it would look a touch more grey) so it'll be interesting to live with it and see if it grows on me. (I should also note that this was taken through the back door.)

PCI is the 31st of October with keys 2 weeks later. We've been able to move the settlement date on our current home forward a couple of weeks too which will save us half a mortgage repayment.
Looking good

Every thing looks great SallyS. What colour is on the interior walls?

Stilettos & Bricks, our Building Journey blog - http://stilettosbricks.com
Our Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85183
ms_prez It's Solver Floral White. And we used Floral White in 50% for the doors, door frames and skirting boards.
Congrats Sally, its looking great! We are at about the same stage....its super hard waiting for them to hand over the keys.
nelleebellee It is hard! The next few weeks will be the longest of the entire build I think.
So our PCI is on Monday. We went to the block late this afternoon and the vinyl flooring was still going in - no sign of carpet and absolutely no cleaning has been done. Pretty unimpressed and I hope DAH don't expect us to sign off on stuff that hasn't been installed - I suppose we'll find that out on Monday!

But the vinyl flooring is perfect in every way, shape and form!!! (It looks a lot nicer in person because the wood grain is quite visible and there are different tones in there too - just beautiful!)

Love the flooring, looks really classic! We are at the same stage as you, we had our PCI Thursday and I could happily drive to Stirling now and get our keys (in my pjs)
Gorgeous Sally, love the colour

Good luck for Monday x

We had our PCI on Monday and while I'd love to say everything went smoothly, it kinda didn't - nothing to do with DAH though. Himself and I met our SS early morning who was wonderfully thorough and picked up so many more imperfections in the paint than we did! There are a few outstanding issues - an exterior tap is missing from the front of the house, our draining and chopping board is missing from the kitchen sink, the shower mixers are still incorrect, an exhaust fan cover is missing, etc. but none of this will slow down handover.

The not-so-smooth bit - I ended up having to sit in the car after about 40 minutes (the whole thing took 2.5 hours) with braxton hicks. SO much fun (said no pregnant woman ever). So I missed out on quite a bit of house "playtime" but I'm confident in our SS and Himself to have done a thorough job.

Surprisingly, our carpets were installed the Sunday before PCI - I wasn't expecting to see them after we rocked up on site at 5pm on Saturday and the vinyl was still going down. The cleaning hadn't been done but our SS made extensive notes and placed little red stickers on all spots and scuffs.

We will receive our keys on the 14th of November and we're already trying to book in an electrician to install our lighting, the fencing contractor for return fencing (boundaries are already done) and removalists. Decor Blinds will be doing their thing on the 16th and baby furniture will get delivered hopefully the following week. I can't believe it's all coming together!!
How exciting! Shame you missed out abit but baby was just happy to see the house almost finished?!
How is everything going SallyS?

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/stilettos_and_bricks/
WE ARE IN!!!!!

We got the keys last Monday, had the electrician around that afternoon to put in the lighting and ceiling fans, Decor Blinds came to install all our window treatments on Wednesday and on Thursday the removalists did their thing! We've also had out clothesline and letterbox installed and our old house (which was sold back in August) settled yesterday so we are now only paying one mortgage (our bank account can breathe a sigh of relief.)

Moving was more exhausting than I expected (I'm now 32 weeks pregnant) but the removalists were genuinely fantastic and they made absolutely sure all the large furniture was in the right spot and I didn't have to lift a finger. We're doing pretty well with the unpacking (it helps having "luxury" things such as storage space built into the house!) and we're hoping to have everything sorted out before Christmas. The garden is currently a sandpit but it'll have to stay like that for a little while longer while we figure out what we want. I'll post some pictures soon of the inside soon. xx
Congrats sally looking forward to seeing the pictures

Hurray! Happy new home 😊👍
Hi Sally, haven't been around these parts for awhile but glad to see you're in and would love to see some photos of the finished house
Sorry for not posting photos. Someone decided to arrive earlier than expected.

I'll try to get around to tidying the house (no one told me baby paraphernalia would breed and cover the entire place!) and photographing it for everyone who's interested to see it.

I'd also like to note just how grateful I am that DAH finished four weeks earlier than expected, otherwise we'd have been moving in days before I gave birth! (Eeek!)
Congratulations on the new baby Sally, they're gorgeous (and understandably time consuming!)
Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

24/05/2024
MJH 2024 - Timeframe from lockup to PCI

Building A New House

Anyone have any ideas on time frame? - Our gyprock got delivered today and SS said it will be all installed by end of this coming week with waterproofing to be done a few…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum