Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone bought in Emerald Hills Leppington NSW?

Page 10 of 14
Hi, We are also in stage 2 (Lot 2113). Hopefully is doesn't get delayed past Feb 2018.
Also, curious to now how stage 1 lots are going with their soil tests and slab classification?
It will probably be different all around but interesting to compare.
Hi, we're in stage 1C. Things seem to have been moving quickly now. Our soil and contour surveys are done. They classified the slab as M. There seems to be clay based fill that may cause some drainage issues..... mind you that's just us trying to interpret the report without having any official meeting with the builder about it yet.
Are other people finding the same thing?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hEA6yrWgic2b5Pv_bljtVDSfcR1sIWiq3A/view?usp=sharing

Thought people might like to see the view from up near the fig tree..... the gates were down last weekend

first time for posting a pic... hope this works!
Good to hear. M class... that's awesome. You never know.. I seen a couple dams in the old google maps photos. I'd hate for my block to be sitting on top of a filled dam.

Did you contour survey match up close to the lot plan you where originally provided? Our plan says out block has 1 meter fall but after going for a drive around stage 1 there doesn't seem to be many blocks with much slope.
Yeah, I saw the dams too. I'm hoping they used them to create the drainage basins around the estate.

Our contour survey matched pretty closely. The original lot plan was 0.65m and the survey came back as 0.5m. They seem to have done well leveling out the lots.
LPurk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hEA6yrWgic2b5Pv_bljtVDSfcR1sIWiq3A/view?usp=sharing

Thought people might like to see the view from up near the fig tree..... the gates were down last weekend

first time for posting a pic... hope this works!

Nice. Bit jealous of the lots that have a fence and a portaloo in that pic.

Partner and I were on our lot on the weekend and saw holes everywhere so I'm assuming the soil tests were being done.

Fellow neighbour drove by and had a quick chat to them. Their builder (Eden Brae) received council DA approval in 3 days. Might email our certifier and get an update.
http://www.planningpanels.nsw.gov.au/De ... ocid=18092

Found this online. For those that are intrested.
Figs01

Partner and I were on our lot on the weekend and saw holes everywhere so I'm assuming the soil tests were being done.

Fellow neighbour drove by and had a quick chat to them. Their builder (Eden Brae) received council DA approval in 3 days. Might email our certifier and get an update.

3 Days?? that's fantastic! I've scrolled through the Emerald Hills DAs on Camden Council website and most seem to be around 4-6 weeks. Will be very happy of it's quicker
LPurk
Figs01

3 Days?? that's fantastic! I've scrolled through the Emerald Hills DAs on Camden Council website and most seem to be around 4-6 weeks. Will be very happy of it's quicker

Yep I could hardly believe it myself as well - 4-6 weeks were what we were expecting as well
Hi all,

DA approved! CC should be approved by Council shortly too.

Has anyone started building yet in Stage 1B or Stage 1C??

I think I'll be starting next month. Happy days!
CDC Approval!

Now to get the ball rolling.
Congrats Figs01!

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to say, get your hands on the plans they forward for your CDC/DA and check every last number on the dimensions!! Ours had taken space off the side of our house without notifying us. Not happy Jan!
DA Lodged, now the waiting game starts.
Does anyone know what the current projection is for stage 2 and 3 lots ? I'm up in 3A and am hopeful of an April 18 release.
Hi all,

Has anyone in Stage 1B commenced construction yet? And what stages are you at?

Council is taking forever to release my CC so I probably won't start building til next month... Gosh this has been dragging on forever...
Hi dianna17,
Last time we were out at the estate (about 5wks ago) there were a couple of sites in 1B that had construction fencing around them ready to start. We're in 1C and our land was cut this week, piering next week and slab the week after (depending on weather).
Good luck with council!
HI All,

confirming I am located In 1C and today after 2 weeks I get my CDC approval to begin construction. Look forward to seeing a frame up!
Has the soil tested and appears emerald hills saline issues, however I am doing a home and land package so the builder worries about that not me
LPurk
Hi dianna17,
Last time we were out at the estate (about 5wks ago) there were a couple of sites in 1B that had construction fencing around them ready to start. We're in 1C and our land was cut this week, piering next week and slab the week after (depending on weather).
Good luck with council!

Hi Dianna,

where about in1C are you located? I am looking to try and fine my neigbours lol.
PeterMKD
LPurk
Hi dianna17,
Good luck with council!

Hi Dianna,

where about in1C are you located? I am looking to try and fine my neigbours lol.

I'm lot 1385
Related
5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

8/06/2023
Small builders in Western Sydney (NSW)

Building A New House

Hi all, We are looking to build a new two storey house in western Sydney. Can anyone recommend a smallish builder to go with? We are trying to stay away from the big…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum