Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Story of Stormy's Castle. *Loooooong overdue update*

Page 90 of 92
Oh IKEA-you've done it again!
Looks great Stormy!!

Gotta love the Expedit!!
Looks great! I will be getting these for my sewing room too. Love them

Also I really like the colour on your walls in the living reas can you tell me what it is
Thanks
Hehe, thanks Guys!

Ren123, my colour throughout is Bristol Nomadic Ivory, full strength. A very close match is apparently Taubmans Antique Ivory. If you do a search on the forum for these 2 paint colours, several threads come up
Best to get sample pots, though, you can't trust a colour from a photo on the internet!
Expedits rock! We have 49 cubes of it in our place!

Your set up looks great.
LOL, beat me by 1! We have 48 in total
Thanks stormy will check them out on the weekend, I have a sample pot here of barefoot beach, but am not 100% sure, so will compare it with these Colours.
Bought a sample pot of the antique ivory today and love it

It has the right depth and warmth to it.
Excellent! I love my wall colour, it's almost perfect! Not too pink, but warm enough to not throw any yellow or green
. Best wishes with your build!
So I was surfing around ebay just now looking for some prices on Pine decking and a pic caught my eye and I thought, hey! I know that picture from somewhere.

Check this out -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Treated-Pine ... 231ef2e4cd

Question is, did they ask if they could use your picture or did they just take.
Thank you, knockitdown, no, they did not ask me, they stole my image. The wood we used did not even come from them so that is false advertising.

It really gets up my nose that people 'assume' that they can use other people's images on the web, and that they are free. This is the very reason why I put a copyright on them now. I always did for my weather photography ones, but 'housey' ones in the beginning, I didn't....I didn't think people would 'want' them. How wrong could I have been.

Thank you for being so observant! I shall think about which avenue I take....

Whoa!!!

Talk about invasion of privacy ...
Nice spot KID!!!!

Rude preeks!
Turns out they have breached the rules on eBay:

"Use another member’s item description or picture without their permission. (To contact eBay about another member who is using your text or images without your permission, go to the Item Description and Picture Theft Policy page and use the 'Report' link.)"

I shall be sending eBay a report and sending the business a breach of copyright notice to remove the image immediately. I would like some compensation, but it's a pretty cruddy photo...not my best work
but it's the principle of the matter!

They could perhaps argue that my image was never used to sell the product on eBay, but theft is theft, and it doesn't sit well with me...
UPDATE: I was unable to notify eBay, as they hadn't used the photo from one of my listings. I sent them a firm warning to remove my photo immediately as they had breached copyright laws through their 'ask this seller a question' and the sale on the item soon ended....21 hours early.

Hopefully, they will think twice about stealing anyone's photos again from the net...
Way to go Stormy!
Well done, Stormy!

I wonder if it's OK when people are selling used Ikea stuff and the only "photo" they put on the ad is the one from Ikea web site ... of a brand new item ...
Stormy
UPDATE: I was unable to notify eBay, as they hadn't used the photo from one of my listings. I sent them a firm warning to remove my photo immediately as they had breached copyright laws through their 'ask this seller a question' and the sale on the item soon ended....21 hours early.

Hopefully, they will think twice about stealing anyone's photos again from the net...

Good on you! I had the same thing happen to me with ebay. I was selling a kirby vacuum cleaner and someone used my pic and most of my item description to sell theirs, at the same time! It confused me when I was looking at the listings so would have confused buyers. I was able to report them through ebay and their listing was pulled. It p*ssed me off because it takes time to set up a listing and take the pics and some lazy sod comes along and just pinches it!!
I know exactly how you feel. Good result for you.
Top result.
Related
28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum