Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Kurmond Homes

Page 90 of 94
hi the dream!
happy to hear your build is progressing!

we actually got a call today from tiles subcontractor. they said they are starting tomorrow and offered us to come and see the tiles to make sure they are the right ones. they said it will take them about 2 weeks to finish everything (wet areas and whole ground floor).
I hope by the time they finish the kitchen is also going to be there as from my understanding they will do tiling of the ground floor after the kitchen frame installed!

if we could get the keys by the end of November that would be just perfect as we also need to finish the 1st floor flooring before moving in.

anyway guys, good luck to everyone!
Hi guys!

just an update from us!

they have never arranged an inspection for us as they promised. so another lie from Kurmond.

We have also noticed some exposed concrete on our facade which is not covered with bricks. Previously it was covered with a big pile of construction waste but recently they moved the waste. It is not by our plans and don't know how Kurmond is going to fix that.
We have been trying to contact our SS but he doesn't reply to our calls and messages.

So unfortunately zero customer support from Kurmond.
nada17
Hi guys!

just an update from us!

they have never arranged an inspection for us as they promised. so another lie from Kurmond.

We have also noticed some exposed concrete on our facade which is not covered with bricks. Previously it was covered with a big pile of construction waste but recently they moved the waste. It is not by our plans and don't know how Kurmond is going to fix that.
We have been trying to contact our SS but he doesn't reply to our calls and messages.

my builders have inspections done on every stage also I got my own they suppose to have inspections done on every stage call consumer affairs and get some answers they will advice you on what to do hope this helps
kathysangel
nada17
Hi guys!

just an update from us!

my builders have inspections done on every stage also I got my own they suppose to have inspections done on every stage call consumer affairs and get some answers they will advice you on what to do hope this helps

I sent another email to them last night and today our SS replied that he was on leave and will be back shortly and is happy to arrange an inspection.
I hope we can do it this week.
Hi guys,

we have received some update pictures yesterday (see pics below).
Looks like they finished tiles in wet areas and about to install some kitchen cabinets.
I think they need to do it to go on with tiling the ground floor.
We agreed to do an inspection today. Hopefully we can resolve the issues we currently have.

By the way, how is everyone?
Hi guys,

just FYI,

it looks like Kurmond recently excluded HBCF insurance cost from their inclusions. So the HBCF is not anymore included into the basic home price that they advertise.

That's their creative way of increasing the prices!!

So be sure you will be charged around $5k on top of the basic price of the home at the contract stage.
nada17
Hi guys,

just FYI,

it looks like Kurmond recently excluded HBCF insurance cost from their inclusions. So the HBCF is not anymore included into the basic home price that they advertise.

That's their creative way of increasing the prices!!

So be sure you will be charged around $5k on top of the basic price of the home at the contract stage.
so what insurance are they offering
well by low they will need to provide the HBCF of course.

the only thing that now they charge $5k extra at contract stage as a surprise-surprise! additional price to your tender.

when previously (in my case) the insurance was included into the basic home price. they still asked us to pay the difference between the price of HBCF that was at the day we signed tender and the contract sign day. they charged us $1.5k.

it is just now they silently excluded it from the inclusions list and ask you to pay $5000 on top of the final tender.

I am just warning people who are not considering to go with them. Just be aware that there are hidden costs that they will reveal only later on when you are stuck with them.
by the way, does anyone have their latest double storey price list.
I just wonder how much my home costs now
Hi Guys ,

Nada is correct above. They have sneakily included this even I signed the tender Feb 2018, that time I am sure HBCF was included in the inclusion list. I will check once I am at home.

What should I do here?

Its $5800 not a small amount at all. Also similarly they had added another item for tile upgrades, they still dispute to remove that too.

They are just ruining their reputation by these kind of things...
I think its now time to talk to fair trading...
Mallik
Hi Guys ,

Nada is correct above. They have sneakily included this even I signed the tender Feb 2018, that time I am sure HBCF was included in the inclusion list. I will check once I am at home.

What should I do here?

Its $5800 not a small amount at all. Also similarly they had added another item for tile upgrades, they still dispute to remove that too.

Mallik, how much is your total tender price if not a secret.
HBCF depends on the price of home.
Mine is about $340,000 and HBCF was $3400. Kurmond charged $3900.

Also what's with tiles? did you choose something outside of their standard range?
We got stung with a price rise in HBCF too, i dont think thats their fault though. We just paid the difference between what was allowed for, and the new price.
Heres the current price rise info:

https://www.coverforce.com.au/insurance ... 800514208/

We got stung for our tiles too. The downstairs living room came with carpet which we changed to tile during tender for $1200 to the diamond elite range. But when we went and selected the tiles , i picked one from the bronze range because I liked it better. They didnt credit me the difference between the diamond range and the bronze range...
@the dream, this is not even a gap, they are going to charge the full amount from me.

Same for the tiles. We had $5000 for tile upgrade, Manago tile upgrade should include this but they have again charged me $5000 too.

Guys, Kurmond contract lady says

"The inclusions list is subject to change, you tender has stated this change stating the HBCF Insurance is not included."

And she attaches the following,

This is insane guys!!!
the dream
We got stung with a price rise in HBCF too, i dont think thats their fault though. We just paid the difference between what was allowed for, and the new price.
Heres the current price rise info:

https://www.coverforce.com.au/insurance ... 800514208/

We got stung for our tiles too. The downstairs living room came with carpet which we changed to tile during tender for $1200 to the diamond elite range. But when we went and selected the tiles , i picked one from the bronze range because I liked it better. They didnt credit me the difference between the diamond range and the bronze range...

Hi the dream! how is it going?

Yes HBCF price increase is not their fault. it is industry-wide and therefore we didn't mind paying the difference.
it is just in our case they charged $500 more.

And as I said above, the nasty thing is to give client a price and then remove the price of HBCF from the list of inclusions.
Now Mallik and other people have to pay almost $6000 on top of their tender price. That would only be fair if they reduced the basic home price at the same time when they excluded the HBCF price. but I bet they haven't done it.

Anyway, that's very bad that they charged you as ellite tiles for bronze range. that's just ridiculous.
We have asked them to price different features of our home and we had to decline some of them in time. I would not agree to pay for something I am not getting.

That was the reason why we rejected the change of their diamond upgrade gas cooker/ electric oven to a ceramic electric cooker + separate electric oven. Though we would love to have the latter combination and I am pretty sure it would be cheaper for Kurmond, they just rejected to credit us for the included cooker/oven. They just gave us a variation for the new appliances which was very expensive.
So typical Kurmond
Mallik
@the dream, this is not even a gap, they are going to charge the full amount from me.

Same for the tiles. We had $5000 for tile upgrade, Manago tile upgrade should include this but they have again charged me $5000 too.

Guys, Kurmond contract lady says

"The inclusions list is subject to change, you tender has stated this change stating the HBCF Insurance is not included."

And she attaches the following,

This is insane guys!!!

they are right. if you are just shopping around and getting quotes without obligations from different builders it is your responsibility to monitor any price and inclusion changes.

BUT

if you paid the deposit or signed any agreements /tenders/ contract which freeze your price it should also freeze the inclusions.
I think you have a good case for Fair Trading here.
They are just trying to get as much money from you as they can and come up with these stupid excuses.

I am not sure about your tiles. If that was really included in your Manago tiles quote then just push them with this. I don't know if you have any proof.

It is unbelievable. they are just making $11,000 out of nowhere in your case!!
Oh yes, i had the same issue with my cooktop as well. They werent going to credit it....so now they are supplying it to us once the construction is finished and i need to try and sell it afterwards lol.

I got slugged an extra 2k for HBCF insurance, but i complained and got it reduced down to cost, thankfully.

We also got slugged 1200 for a roof design issue that they blamed on our split level, that wasnt part of the design that was changed.

Everyone should have a spare 10k from what their final price is... because SOMETHING will come up.
Bit rediculous.. but kurmond have basically made the pool we wanted to get unaffordable because of all the last minute variations. So we have paid about 3k for a big gas line and 32amp power points for no reason now lol. Going to be a long slog to save up again
Oh update on our place
We had our pre-lining inspection on Tuesday!
Everything looks pretty good so far. Didn't find anything out of place at all.

We have soundscreen as well. Nada did you get them to supply proof they put it in? I should message my SS and ask for a pic...

Gyprock starts tomorrow, and we should have our staircase by the end of next week.
nada17
Mallik
Hi Guys ,

What should I do here?

Mallik, how much is your total tender price if not a secret.
HBCF depends on the price of home.
Mine is about $340,000 and HBCF was $3400. Kurmond charged $3900.

Also what's with tiles? did you choose something outside of their standard range?

Hi Nada17,

As I remember the build cost is somewhere 578k (As I remember).

Regarding the tiles, same as "the dreams" case, we decided to upgrade tiles to entire downstairs, that we charged $5000, later during the Manago appointment we decided to upgrade other items too, including bathrooms. Manago price came somewhere 25k which we understood that we will get initial $5k will be removed from the tender, but they didn't do so.

I am thinking to contact Fair Trade and get them involved in this case.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum