Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

LYNDARUM/AURORA/SUMMERHILL ESTATES: Epping, Victoria

Page 90 of 224
acherion
I have also learnt that people's comments here about the mice problem is no exaggeration -- there was a mouse in my room the first night I stayed in the new house, which made that night interesting haha

Overall I am pretty happy with living in the estate, there are some things that need to get fixed (internet being one) and tradies really do need to look where they're driving and not do 100 in a 50 zone. Nearly had an accident on Edgars Rd and my father in law said there was one on Rockfield St that they had to throw red dust on the road for fuel absorption.

All in all, loving it here.

Shame about the mice and the hoons, hopefully both settle down as more people move into the estate. I can't wait until I am in your position. Enjoy!
Acherion - bin night is Wednesday night (ie: collection on Thursday morning)

Welcome to the neighbourhood! You're just in time for the general store which should be opening any day now (in Redding Rise).

Otherwise my main advice to you is to stock up on UHT milk and freeze bread.
Hi all is anyone using rabbit ears for the tv currently in Aurora? Can you please let me know how's the reception with rabbit ears and where can
I buy rabbit ears from in here?
you can only try and see how it goes, you can buy them for $5 or up to $50 or so for an amplified one.
i suggest you get some from Epping plaza; bigw, target, tandy, jbhifi anywhere will have them. Half decent signal and a digital tv/set top box will probably get you by
ourhome
Hi all is anyone using rabbit ears for the tv currently in Aurora? Can you please let me know how's the reception with rabbit ears and where can

I bought one of these amplified antennas a while back when the TV module in my comms cabinet died.
I would get the occasional picture break-up when ever I walked in front of the TV but other than that, it worked really well.
angelviper007
ourhome

I bought one of these amplified antennas a while back when the TV module in my comms cabinet died.
I would get the occasional picture break-up when ever I walked in front of the TV but other than that, it worked really well.

Next they will set up a network of tin cans and string so you can make local phone calls within the estate. I can't believe they are causing you to resort to rabbit ears in 2011.
What's wrong with rabbit ears? As long as people are happy using it I don't think there should be a problem even if it is 3011. As far as the issues with the estate providing all the stuff to us goes. I think they are trying their level best to get it fixed. All projects do have a period that are full of glitches and for Aurora I think this is one of it. On a long run it would be like a dream come true. It's just a matter of patience we all need to have. I believe ACA and VU are trying hard to get this resolved. We all need to give them time. In the mean time people can resort to the best available options to make themselves happy and in this case Rabbit ears is one such thing.
Welcome, Acherion! Aurora is growing quicker than I keep up with.

If you want to join the walking group, meet us at the corner of Earlybird and Shields at 6:30 pm on Monday nights ("nights" being the operative word at the moment). One person brings her puppy and we just walk wherever we feel like it.

Everyone welcome, not just those who live in Aurora.
acherion
Just moved into Aurora last Friday night and really enjoying living in the new house. The lack of Internet is a bit of a pain, but have been pleasantly surprised with 3G coverage via Vodafone (it must be the only place in Australia that has good coverage!) and digital TV quality with rabbit ears (!!!)

I have also learnt that people's comments here about the mice problem is no exaggeration -- there was a mouse in my room the first night I stayed in the new house, which made that night interesting haha
My parents live on the other side of town so they bought me some traps, not as much mice over there so more stock of traps on their side of town. Been catching mice ever since.

Overall I am pretty happy with living in the estate, there are some things that need to get fixed (internet being one) and tradies really do need to look where they're driving and not do 100 in a 50 zone. Nearly had an accident on Edgars Rd and my father in law said there was one on Rockfield St that they had to throw red dust on the road for fuel absorption.

All in all, loving it here.

Welcome to Aurora!!!! I'm glad the wait has been worth it for you!!!!

Good to see that Vodafone is working out for you in the short term to!!!
fladdle
Welcome, Acherion! Aurora is growing quicker than I keep up with.

If you want to join the walking group, meet us at the corner of Earlybird and Shields at 6:30 pm on Monday nights ("nights" being the operative word at the moment). One person brings her puppy and we just walk wherever we feel like it.

Everyone welcome, not just those who live in Aurora.

Oooh... I might try making it next week.. I might bring one of my dogs if thats ok? Nobody in the group scared of full grown dogs? Medium size but adult???
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Quote:

I'd join this group in a heartbeat, but it's at the most inconvenient time for me. 6.30pm is rush hour in our house. I'd be up for an early bird group.
Hi There,

Please suggest what is the best course of action to resolve the construction waste and debris put by next lot builder. Are there any authority to sue them ?

our construction to start in about a week.is there any alternates to remove the debris,,?
Hopefully i can join the walking group soon:)
We r upto frame stage now.so excited i did a little dance ard the frames today
Has anyone been to the council meeting tonight at the Epping View primary? Could you advise what it was about? Thanks.
aurorafrog
Has anyone been to the council meeting tonight at the Epping View primary? Could you advise what it was about? Thanks.

Yes I went. A lot was council "oh look how good we are to you" waffling but there was some info about the leisure facilities (new soccer facility just north of the current one).

The shops in Lyndarum, on the south side of Lyndarum Rd will open mid to late June. There will be a gym, beauty and a couple of fast food.

The shops on the north side of Lyndarum Rd and Wooloworths will open September. Woolworths will begin hiring approx 8 weeks before, apply on their web site. Woolworths guy couldn't tell us much about the store (not sure if it will have liquor) as he is a relief manager from another area.

The cafe/general store at Creeds Farm will open 4 June. Jumping castle, face painting etc. The guy who runs it seemed pretty nice.

Train line is basically never; busway is basically 10 years plus. They talked about trying to increase the frequency of the bus to every 15 mins but that depends on patronage. Oherns Road/Hume Bypass junction depends on federal funding (so 5 years plus).

Thats about all I can remember.
wokwon
Yes I went. A lot was council "oh look how good we are to you" waffling but there was some info about the leisure facilities (new soccer facility just north of the current one).

The shops in Lyndarum, on the south side of Lyndarum Rd will open mid to late June. There will be a gym, beauty and a couple of fast food.

The shops on the north side of Lyndarum Rd and Wooloworths will open September. Woolworths will begin hiring approx 8 weeks before, apply on their web site. Woolworths guy couldn't tell us much about the store (not sure if it will have liquor) as he is a relief manager from another area.

The cafe/general store at Creeds Farm will open 4 June. Jumping castle, face painting etc. The guy who runs it seemed pretty nice.

Train line is basically never; busway is basically 10 years plus. They talked about trying to increase the frequency of the bus to every 15 mins but that depends on patronage. Oherns Road/Hume Bypass junction depends on federal funding (so 5 years plus).

Thats about all I can remember.

Thanks wokwon. Appreciate it. busway is basically 10 years? that just basically says "we are not going to do it in our term". I wonder though why there is no sport complex around, like the one in Thomastown.
Hi Gang!
Can anyone please tell me when you last recieved the Interim Telecommunications Services Contribution Cheque in the mail? I think we may not have recieved ours as I'm pretty sure the last one we got was almost basck in 2010...

Thanks
aurorafrog
I wonder though why there is no sport complex around, like the one in Thomastown.

The new soccer thing is supposed to be area wide, not just Epping north but there was nothing mentioned last night like a pool/gym thing like Thomastown Leisure Centre.

There is something on Millers road. Seems to be a pool and gym. I've never been there as I am much to lazy.

Regarding that 10 years busway thing, that was my interpretation based on the funding talk from last night. They weren't keen to give dates for the transport stuff, just dates for leisure infrastructure.
Quote:
There is something on Millers road. Seems to be a pool and gym.

Leisure City, in Miller Street does have a small pool but it's just for learn to swim classes, as far as I know.

The nearest pool to us is either Thomastown Aquatic Centre or Mill Park Leisure Centre. A really lovely pool to take the kids on a summer's day, is the Whittlesea Pool.
Related
6/02/2024
Property Boundaries in New Estates

General Discussion

The setback from the kerb is 4m. It is council land to provide an area for services like sewer main, gas mains, water mains, underground power or poles for overhead power,…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum