Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boutique Homes

Page 89 of 172
Ahh, stone benchtops. Such a relief! Just the tiling, plumbing, and a few touchups from the painters and the plasterers to go, and then we can do our final inspection!

digitalnash
Ahh, stone benchtops. Such a relief! Just the tiling, plumbing, and a few touchups from the painters and the plasterers to go, and then we can do our final inspection!

Looks good! BTW what are the length and width of your benchtop? we are still thinking what size to ask
We got 2100x1200 as our kitchen benchtop, and paid for the waterfall sides.

With the sink there, it feels a little smaller than I'd expected, but I mean, I'm just being negative there, because the thing is actually huge. I also wish I'd paid to get it extended up to 1000mm height, rather than just standard 910mm, as I went to a friends house recently who had the higher bench, and it's a lot better for me and my back (I'm 6 ft 2 in).

If there was an option for, say, 2500x1300 or so, that would be a perfect size, but I'm not sure you can get caesarstone that big without it having joins in it. We felt like 2100x1200 would be fine.
Thanks, from what I read - caesarstone slab is 56.5" X 120", which is 1.4m X 3m, just worried this would be too big for the kitchen, thinking to get 1.4 by 2.3, 2.4 so it is not taking space from the living area
Nice kitchen digitalnash ... few more and you are home free while some of us the build hasnt started yet.
We had our site start on Wednesday - fence went up Tuesday, site cut on Wed and electrical box in on Thursday.

Very exciting and happy it's all moving but I haven't heard from anyone at Boutique since the week our file was sent to construction (when my pre start called to tell me)

I've emailed and called our client liaison and haven't heard back from her or heard from our site supervisor.
Is this normal? I would've thought they would've called to at least introduce themselves

Goodluck Baneshouse with the build...the rule is you annoy them with follow ups they wont be able to resist you forever.
Congrats baneshouse. We get weekly update from our liaison. SS and liaison did called in the first week to introduce themselves. Apart from that we haven't spoken to them.

measure
Another point to consider, especially for those who are in the process of signing their PWC or already have is if Boutique have lowered their base prices and raised the cost of upgrades and variations the client could potentially get charged twice. The client would pay for the original house base prices and then when selecting a flooring or other affected upgrade could pay the newer more expensive price.

We are currently facing this problem and I for one will not move forward with my contract until I can see a detailed outline of what changes/pricing structures were changed.

@measure I did my colour selection yesterday and after some length of conversation, we decided to keep our current PwC. The pricing should reflect your older inclusions. Apart from the changes listed in premium inclusions, the new pricing also reduce the category 1 inlcusions. From memory:
1. No more tiling included for main area (but non issue if you're not going to choose tiles for main)
2. Laminate selection for cat 1 reduced to just 3. The bolero plank is an upgrade in the new plan
3. The plushier carpet no longer a standard
4. Most categories move up one, I.e. Tiles that are category 3 at the moment become category 4
5. Ilve appliances included is becoming the lowest of the range (used to be the top of the range)
6. Bathroom glass become full frame bathroom and not semi frameless
7. Feature tiles no longer standard in new plan (not relevant if you are not getting one anyway)
8. Glass splash back not included but you can downgrade from current glass to tiles and get $1k back. I think you can downgrade other things as well if needed

My main reason for staying is what changes on the base price - 6 star energy rating gives some unknown cost at later stage, and the BAL for new pricing will increase as well (currently $5400)

They should not pay for the new "standards" as long as you are in Your current PwC

EN710
measure
Another point to consider, especially for those who are in the process of signing their PWC or already have is if Boutique have lowered their base prices and raised the cost of upgrades and variations the client could potentially get charged twice. The client would pay for the original house base prices and then when selecting a flooring or other affected upgrade could pay the newer more expensive price.

We are currently facing this problem and I for one will not move forward with my contract until I can see a detailed outline of what changes/pricing structures were changed.

@measure I did my colour selection yesterday and after some length of conversation, we decided to keep our current PwC. The pricing should reflect your older inclusions. Apart from the changes listed in premium inclusions, the new pricing also reduce the category 1 inlcusions. From memory:
1. No more tiling included for main area (but non issue if you're not going to choose tiles for main)
2. Laminate selection for cat 1 reduced to just 3. The bolero plank is an upgrade in the new plan
3. The plushier carpet no longer a standard
4. Most categories move up one, I.e. Tiles that are category 3 at the moment become category 4
5. Ilve appliances included is becoming the lowest of the range (used to be the top of the range)
6. Bathroom glass become full frame bathroom and not semi frameless
7. Feature tiles no longer standard in new plan (not relevant if you are not getting one anyway)
8. Glass splash back not included but you can downgrade from current glass to tiles and get $1k back. I think you can downgrade other things as well if needed

My main reason for staying is what changes on the base price - 6 star energy rating gives some unknown cost at later stage, and the BAL for new pricing will increase as well (currently $5400)

They should not pay for the new "standards" as long as you are in Your current PwC

Thanks EN710,

We had a lengthy conversation with our pre-start consultant on Friday and we has said pretty much the same as you listed above.

We were lucky that I had the consultants email a few quotes of pricing for various features and upgrades so when we go to our colour appointment in March we can compare to make sure we aren't getting something different.

At this stage we look like staying with our current PWC as well.

Absolutely heartbroken right now

We got our keys on Wednesday, started moving some stuff in and sometime (we think) on Thursday night, some arsehole(s) have broken in, ripped our oven out of the wall and dumped it on the dining room floor and made off with our microwave

The house had been sitting like it was for nearly 3 weeks and this happens the very next day after we take ownership......devastated

Hopefully there's been no damage to the oven and it can just go back in (after some repair work to the cabinetry).
Oh that's just awful JP79! I would be devastated too ... Heads up and don't let those mean selfish ppl win!!! Karma will come back and bite them in the bum! I just can't understand what people get out of taking other people's stuff!!! Stay positive

https://letsbuildwithboutique.wordpress.com
Omg
so sorry JP79....

Sorry to hear that jp79 ... we should all be vigilant when we move in I wont leave my place once I have the keys.
Oh no - JP79, that's horrible. I'm scared of that happening.
We had a problem this week - the air conditioning wasn't connected properly (we think) so when they tested it it or someone turned it on it leaked. Or there is a giant hole in the roof? We don't actually know - but a chunk of our brand new carpet is wet, saturated actually. The walls in this spot have water marks and the paint has bubbled. Completely devo, as I'm sure it will delay us. We got so close to having a fuss free build. I just wanted to cry. A friend's sister who built with another volume builder had the same thing happen... But they had moved in. Their whole upstairs carpet had to be replaced as a different roll of carpet has a slightly different shade. So the positive is it happened before we moved in. I just hope it gets fixed correctly - I don't want mould growing.

Blog: www.dapplegrey.com.au
baneshouse
We had our site start on Wednesday - fence went up Tuesday, site cut on Wed and electrical box in on Thursday.

Very exciting and happy it's all moving but I haven't heard from anyone at Boutique since the week our file was sent to construction (when my pre start called to tell me)

I've emailed and called our client liaison and haven't heard back from her or heard from our site supervisor.
Is this normal? I would've thought they would've called to at least introduce themselves

I had a smooth, stress-free transition from Pre-Start to Client Liaison. Both called about a day apart. I get weekly updates from my Client Liaison and all emails sent in are replied the next day.
Sorry to hear that JP79. I have hear stories like yours in our estate. karma will get them. Hope it get fix soon and you can start enjoying your new house.

May I ask opinion for external colour?

Not quite sure about the render colour... Any suggestions/ feedback?

Current choices:
Brick - praline
Render - flooded gum (not sure, opinion?)
Roof - gunmetal
Windows - aluminum colour
Garage - Caoba
Driveway - Pompeii

The colour

The facade is Modern

Driveway

send from tapatalk
Once they hand me the keys, my priority will be fence, locksmith and CCTV camera.
Security is an essential part of every home so I think I will spend in this area.
JP79
Absolutely heartbroken right now

We got our keys on Wednesday, started moving some stuff in and sometime (we think) on Thursday night, some arsehole(s) have broken in, ripped our oven out of the wall and dumped it on the dining room floor and made off with our microwave

The house had been sitting like it was for nearly 3 weeks and this happens the very next day after we take ownership......devastated

Hopefully there's been no damage to the oven and it can just go back in (after some repair work to the cabinetry).

Oh geez - really sorry to hear about that JP79. That sounds like it was an inside job, if you know what I mean... =/ Seems particularly strange given that it was sitting like that for nearly 3 weeks, and yet the day after you get the keys... yeeaaah.

I'm getting my NBN connection sorted out BEFORE I get my keys for this very reason, so that I can go and install a wireless security camera or two on the day we get our keys, as we know that we won't be moving in for a few days afterwards, and want to make sure there's no 'inside information' type stuff happening. At least, if someone does break in, we'll have all the security footage for the police to show.
Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum