Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

{Dawn} SE Melb Build - Done and dusted!

Page 85 of 147
Your home looks so lovely Dawn... fantastic choices you made. Can't wait to see "moving in" pics really soon!
❤️

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Thank BW! It has come together really well. I can't wait to move in!!

Had to stop myself from buying too much stuff at Kmart today... I can't even remember what I have in the storage unit
I did get another cat bed.
Oh wow you're almost at pci!!!! Your home has come up so beautifully. So much natural light! The carpet cour and tile colour has come up a treat. I thought your carpets were a charcoal.colour, surprised that they're actually chocolate but it looks really good too.

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
Thanks Von

I am loving the light throughout. It seems quite bright and airy. Hehe, I would have liked a charcoal colour, but had very limits choices. That being said I'm pretty happy with the chocolate, seems to suit my other colours well.

OMG ITS MONDAY TOMORROW XD Hopefully will get PCI and/or handover date tomorrow.
For a smooth transition we pretty much just packed a bag like we were going on holidays. We spent more time getting the animals sorted. We locked the cats in one room with their stuff, and they were skittish but settled quickly

That's not a bad idea.

I'm not looking forward to moving my cats, they are going to cry throughout the whole 40 minute drive there....and then probably be out of sorts for ages... but once everyone is settled it will be good.
If you haven't already thought of it, take loo paper, soap & a handtowel with you immediately after handover.

Also, you will probably want to clean the insides of all your cupboards - they will be dusty.

I spent a couple of days cleaning after getting the keys. Especially floors & toilets

Spoke to the builder. Hes back from holidays and getting himself back up to date. Said he will contact me later today or tomorrow to arrange inspection
its understandable but disappointing...I thought theyd be chasing me for handover but looks like we will continue to mosey along right till the end.
That's frustrating! Hopefully you'll hear today, fingers crossed.
I hope so. I am so ready to be done with this

In the meantime chasing my bank and the fencing company.
Praying you'll get an answer by COB tomorrow

No answer today ;-; I shouldn't have gotten so excited..

Also found out that the final invoice hadn't been sent to the bank *sigh* So sent that off now, will take about 8-10 days to get the valuation done and the cheque drawn.
Will today be the day??
aloenyx
Will today be the day??
fingers crossed!

Building our forever home!
Hopefully!!!! Good luck

Good luck

our build viewtopic.php?t=87100
Really hoping for some good news for you today Dawn! ❤️

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Am sending positive vibes your way sweets, if you don't hear call them. Don't leave it up to them, push for it, this is your house and have waited long enough
I hope good news when I next check back in later today

Hope you hear back today
if not chase them up

Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum