Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Metricon Franklin 40 Sydney

Page 85 of 119
Totally in love with tile choices Franky! They look fantastic. Sorry to say but well worth the wait!

Been quite on here as going through some fireplace dramas and just terribly busy coming up to moving out and in. Will try and update you all soon on my thread.
It all looks wonderful Franky!!! It's so good to see all the pics of everything coming together

Welcome to our version of the Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

Building4my3tots
Franky40
Thank you guys - I'm feeling a lot more hopefully we will be ready for carpet by Wednesday now.

Emmz - The piers costed between $4k - $5k. This included tiles and labour. We had to choose them when we did the externals as it needs to go to the council with your facade.

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Love the photo, of pier, but don't like the price tag! We're getting ledgestone look at the costing me $5200 supply and install. Project mob are milking you. Better expect the high stand no less for that price.

Yay for working on Sunday! Love it!

Yes I know M's 25% margin does hurt - exact reason I think we could have done custom build for the amount of money we spent. Well next time
. There will be one

viewtopic.php?t=78985

gandn
Totally in love with tile choices Franky! They look fantastic. Sorry to say but well worth the wait!

Been quite on here as going through some fireplace dramas and just terribly busy coming up to moving out and in. Will try and update you all soon on my thread.

Thanks Gandn - haha @ worth the wait! I want to see it all before agreeing

Did you manage to sell your place? Looking forward to your update

viewtopic.php?t=78985

M and T
It all looks wonderful Franky!!! It's so good to see all the pics of everything coming together

Welcome to our version of the Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

Thanks M and T - can't wait to see it all done

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Franky40
We had our "unofficial" PCI ver 1 today! We identified 25 new issues and now have in total 40 issues that needs to be fixed. Nothing major. The house is starting to shape up and looks lovely.

We had painters and plumbers on site. So it was action packed.

I was glad to see the tilers there when we arrived, was very unimpressed when they left after couple of hrs when there was clearly a lot more to do!
have decided to speak to DL directly. Just sick of it!

Our appliances were being installed while we were there, we wanted this to be done at settlement. Now a bit concerned don't want them going missing.

Now for pics without further ado

Kitchen - love the way the benchtop sits flush with the window.

Butler's pantry - looks a lot better with the brick bond tiles. Loving the sink

Laundry - freshly installed - again waiting for the damn tilers to do the splash back. The tilers are there. Why don't they just get on with it

Upstairs leisure room

Master ensuite

Bathroom

Ensuite 2 - still waiting
for tiling to finish

Ensuite 3

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Love the tiles!!!! Looks really good!!!
Franky the time taken for you place seems pretty good considering how large and complicated the house is. You started after us I think and you are quite a bit ahead with a much bigger house (which is gorgeous by the way).

Using my LG-G4 to bring you this update.
Love the tiles, Franky. Good on the tradies to work on Sunday. Thanks for info on DL. Our tiling is with DL as well. The tiling plans that you gave SM did you put this together yourself? What software did you use? Thanks.

JNT_Glendale45

Love the tiles!!!! Looks really good!!!

Thanks JNT

viewtopic.php?t=78985

twin_dad
Franky the time taken for you place seems pretty good considering how large and complicated the house is. You started after us I think and you are quite a bit ahead with a much bigger house (which is gorgeous by the way).

Using my LG-G4 to bring you this update.

Thanks twin dad! I just checked out your thread. Amazing looking house you are building love the stairs
. I always knew it would take longer as we had made number of structural changes and have a bit of upgrades with tiles etc. we had our slab poured in May 2015! So a solid 12 months - almost nearing the end!!

viewtopic.php?t=78985

KKPP
Love the tiles, Franky. Good on the tradies to work on Sunday. Thanks for info on DL. Our tiling is with DL as well. The tiling plans that you gave SM did you put this together yourself? What software did you use? Thanks.

Thanks KKPP - I'm sure the council won't agree with You
. I put this together myself......I used a very sophisticated software called Excel
I just used paint to cut and paste the photos of the tiles and plans. I use Excel for everything lol!

It took some time so you can imagine how annoyed I was when the got things wrong.

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Franky40
KKPP

Thanks KKPP - I'm sure the council won't agree with You
. I put this together myself......I used a very sophisticated software called Excel
I just used paint to cut and paste the photos of the tiles and plans. I use Excel for everything lol!

It took some time so you can imagine how annoyed I was when the got things wrong.

viewtopic.php?t=78985

I would be annoyed as well, Franky. Thanks for the tips re: DL. Will make sure we meet the tiling supervisor before tiling and ask for frequent site visits. Actually, how frequent were you able to visit site with SM?

Hi! How much was the jasper lounge modular from king furniture? It looks SOO comfortable <3
goldcoasthome
Hi! How much was the jasper lounge modular from king furniture? It looks SOO comfortable <3

Hi Goldcoasthome - the jasper comes in so
many different packages and configurations. So it would be best for you to measure your floor space and visit King to see what would fit and work well for your floor space. Depending on what configuration you choose and the material it can cost anything from $5k - $8k. Don't buy it full price they always have sales.

viewtopic.php?t=78985

So the works continued. Still outstanding

- Private pole and Electricity connection

- finish tiling - piers (a bit more), portico, alfresco, niche - 90% completed

- balcony balustrades

- finish plumbing fit off for powder.

- external render paint/touch ups

- internal paint touch ups

- carpets

- clean ups

- defect fixes (probably will happen after handover)

Much smaller list!! Come on M lets get this done.

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Much, much smaller list!
Franky40

- balcony balustrades

- carpets

- clean ups

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Woohoo...

Nearly there franky

That's heaps shorter Franky
finally getting there!!! Woohoo

Build thread - viewtopic.php?t=81517
Metricon Glendale 42 Limited Edition
Franky40

- balcony balustrades

- carpets

- clean ups

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Great news Franky
awesome nearing the finish line
Thanks peeps! The closer you nudge to the end the longer it feels!

We have a private pole ( a bit crooked but a pole nevertheless!)

Tiling is still outstanding - where are they??

Painters have gone through and started staining stairs/doors.

We've had a good clean up inside - reckon carpet installs may happen tomorrow??

Really hoping the damn tilers finish this week.

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Related
13/05/2024
Metricon KDRB designs - Vantage 48 or Franklin 50?

Building A New House

😃 will do an exclusive one for Simeon.. COVID back at home.. kept it simple & we moved in.. & yesterday was the first day at our new home.. Few more bits to go -…

5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum