Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Somerfield Estate Keysborough

Page 85 of 119
mala
the community infastructure levy needs to be paid to dandenong council and a reciept given to your builder(the council can email you the reciept if you pay by c/card over the phone) before building permits can be issued by the council,this levy is for parks and community property.you will also need to pay the asset protection insurance as well this is for any damage to council property during construction.they both come to approx $600.00 we paid ours just after titles were issued as we rang the council to speed things up but they should post letters about these levys soon.congratulations on your settlement we also settled yesterday,they tell us building will start around 16th sept
as our building permits are already approved subject to proof of land ownership.
homeless 4
Mala
Stage 10
Hi All,
I settled on friday, my builder told me they will start in a few weeks, however I need to pay $359.04 for Community infrastructure levy befor my builders start. I though this was paid on settlement, does anyone know what this is and when did you pay yours?

Thank you for your help

Mala

http://www.greaterdandenong.com/documents.asp?ID=16145&Title=Community+Infrastructure+Levy
yup, you have to pay this for your building permit to be issued.
Thank you homeless4 and VFY for the following information, i will get to that asap.
also congrats on ur settlement
Hi everyone, i'm new to this website and would love to know if anyone can recommend a good contractor for either exposed aggregate or colour concrete, and what you paid per sqm

would appreciate any feedback
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone in the estate has experienced a similar issue.

We recently bought in Stage 10/11 and went to have a look at our property on the weekend. In front of our property is a traffic island that spans both our property and both of our next door neighbours. This wasn't in the plans or in the land contract from what I can see however I am not sure as to whether this is a council issue or whether this is a estate issue. This is a bit annoying as it means we (or out guests) can't park outside our own house (or any of our neighbours).

Has anyone else had a similar issue? And if so, what did they do about it?

Thanks

Emma
Hey Emma, I think maybe give city of greater dandenong a call, I would think it was a council decision. It's pretty sucky though for them to put one in, they are such narrow roads to begin with.
Congrats to all who settled.
We settled last Friday, trades have been booked and materials ordered, we are ready to go.
We are now starting to get ideas on final completion looks eg, landscape and extra electrical fittings.
I happen to know a very good electrician who does amazing work, is extremely reliable and very affordable and will be a future resident of somerfield, who happens to be my husband
if u need a top electrician ( yes I am biased lol ) 30 years experience pm me

Very excited to be starting.
Hi Nemisuscat

sorry to hear your trouble, what lot number are you or where is the speed hump proposed to be.

Does anyone else know when Tyres Lane is expected to open for access from Perry Road. I also wonder when they will be getting rid of the power poles along Tyres Lane, looks like soon.
Hi stage 14 people, Ive been on holidays for a few weeks and thought I would have some good new when I got back..but to my "big" suprise it has gone worst and now stage 14 have been delayed til DEC meaning at least JAN or FEB now what can you do I know there will be delays but this is a joke.
ginz88
How do you submit a driveway design for DAP to approve. Im just planning on have exposed aggregate. Thanks in advance

i don't think you have to anymore. so long as it is exposed aggregate. we asked them at the somerfield office and they said no need to anymore.

so i went ahead and put my driveway in
nemisuscat
Hi all,

We recently bought in Stage 10/11 and went to have a look at our property on the weekend. In front of our property is a traffic island that spans both our property and both of our next door neighbours. This wasn't in the plans or in the land contract from what I can see however I am not sure as to whether this is a council issue or whether this is a estate issue. This is a bit annoying as it means we (or out guests) can't park outside our own house (or any of our neighbours).

Thanks

Emma

Saw it this morning. Really unnecessary on such a narrow road.

OBX
Hi stage 14 people, Ive been on holidays for a few weeks and thought I would have some good new when I got back..but to my "big" suprise it has gone worst and now stage 14 have been delayed til DEC meaning at least JAN or FEB now what can you do I know there will be delays but this is a joke.

Hey OBX, it's annoying, but there is nothing you can do about it. What we can do is maybe inform others who are buying or have bought in somerfield or looking on here that settlement will most likely happen 5- 6 months later than somerfields estimates.
That's what we did, we were meant settle in March and we just settled last week, but thankfully we have friends in the stage 1 section and we knew of their delays so we factored it into our hearts that it would be late.
Hi all, we are currently living in stage 1E, Cottongum ave and are putting our house on Auction so that we can rebuild, I know, CRAZY! a larger house on land we purchased in stage 12. I was told today that Tyers lane will be opening some time today. And for those of you who are interested, stage 12 is due to title end of September according to the somerfield office.
REfL3ct
ginz88
How do you submit a driveway design for DAP to approve. Im just planning on have exposed aggregate. Thanks in advance

i don't think you have to anymore. so long as it is exposed aggregate. we asked them at the somerfield office and they said no need to anymore.

so i went ahead and put my driveway in

Thanks a lot Reflect, been waiting a week for a response
. How much did your driveway cost by the way? I get my keys tomorrow
but still need to do the fence and driveway.
I am fortunate enough to have my father in law do it for me as he is a retired concretor. So all i did was pay for the concrete, some acid and the sealer. i bought the mix from mentone pre mix (near DFO) it cost $320 a cubic meter. anyway all up for the driveway and porch it cost me around $1500.
VFY
Hello All!
We've been on this forum for more then a year now and what better time then today to finally say a big "Hello!!!" to everybody here

We're in stage 10 and we've finally had our settlement this morning!
Look forward to meeting and getting to know everybody in the neighbourhood!!

So glad our land in stage 10 has settled.. I've paid the levy to the council and forwarded the receipt to the builder so they can issue building permits... According to the council the builder either submits the permit to council or a private surveyor.. this was news to me but....

Anyway i'm looking forward to having some movement on the land in the shape of a house.. I'm on Maxfield road and ran into a couple of neighbours when I was there last..

Does anyone know any rules around crossovers? Mine is joined to next doors land. the total crossover width is about 6m but mine is only 2.5m. the Somerfield land office said it was a minimum of 3 so i'm not sure what to do about it?
Great to finally have Tyers lane open! We had a lovely surprise when we visited our block today, its been scraped and our garage and porch area has been cut away - our builders didn't tell us we had started building - yay!!! Happy building to everyone in stage 10, it will be worth the waiting when we are all moved in.
REfL3ct
I am fortunate enough to have my father in law do it for me as he is a retired concretor. So all i did was pay for the concrete, some acid and the sealer. i bought the mix from mentone pre mix (near DFO) it cost $320 a cubic meter. anyway all up for the driveway and porch it cost me around $1500.

wow, lucky you!! im looking at around $4000.
nemisuscat
Hi all,

Thanks

Emma

I was driving around Argyle on the weekend and the islands seem a bit extreme. Very annoying as the roads are already quite narrow.

We went over to the other side (Linley) and noticed that they do not have any islands there. Is this something that the newer areas are getting or are we (in Argyle) just.... lucky? (not)
ourplace
Great to finally have Tyers lane open! We had a lovely surprise when we visited our block today, its been scraped and our garage and porch area has been cut away - our builders didn't tell us we had started building - yay!!! Happy building to everyone in stage 10, it will be worth the waiting when we are all moved in.

Hey our place. This may sound weird but you mentioned your lot 1049 well we were going to buy lot 1049 we had 2 choices. We are diagnally across from you
so hello neighbour
Not happy Jan!!!!!!!

Recieved an email yesterday and stage 15 has been delayed until december.

Fortunately, we haven't signed our contract with our builder yet (contract appointment is in Oct), so I'll try to negotiate a longer period of time before we'll have to start paying extra for delays.

Other stages listed in the email are as follows:
Stage 25: December 2011
Stage 26: December 2011
Stage 16: January 2012
Stage 27: January 2012
Stage 28: January 2012

By the way, I would like to say hi to all the other stage 15ers/future neighbours in the forum, and feel free to send a pm anytime. I've spoken to a couple of guys from stage 15, and they sound like the nicest people.

Mikey
OBX

Hi
received an email from Somerfield stating that they have received the permits and that the construction in stage 14a has begun. I am sure you would have received it too.

Will have to drive by over the weekend to see if this is true.

Cheers - J & C
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum