Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Sierra in SA - We've moved in! NEW pics

Page 84 of 86
Thanks deluxes. So sorry I called you triggy - I knew what I meant!!
Hahaha I actually didn't notice! Lol!
Haha! Not surprised - I reckon our heads get so full of house stuff you cant even think at times!
Oh tell me about it!
I'm on annual leave from work, have been since the 28th of October. I got so confused with days on Wednesday, I was sure it was Thursday. Anyway, whilst doing my internet banking and paying yet another thing for the house I noticed the account where my pay goes into was missing my pay for the fortnight... Fearing the worst I emailed payroll and my boss asking if there was a payroll issue that I'd missed, seeing as though I was on holidays. Nope, it was only Wednesday.

That was mortifying. I couldn't believe my head had gone to mashed potato so much so that I actually didn't know what day it was! Haha
Hehehe!!! Just reminded me of those cute little Mr and Mrs Potato heads!! Yay for time off though!
Wow Deluxes the pendants look amazing. I love it that you've hung them low it works so well with your high ceilings and omg your splash back looks fantastic now that it's all completed it makes such a wow statement
Those pendants look FANTASTIC deluxes
very very lush finishes off the kitchen beautifully x
Looking fantastic!!! What does He Dog and She Dog think?
Hahaha Rache! I reckon I had one of those back in the day...

Thankyou Princess Jasmine! I was hoping it would all come together and tie in well

Cheers Belzey! I'm pretty stoked with how they look... Even hubby who barely pays attention most days, was rapt with them!

Pretzel aka She dog and Digby aka He Dog are very happy... Happier still that they have fenter and can now be outside unattended! They are back to strutting around and claiming ownership of everything again. They're fine and dandy.
The pendant lights look great, excellent choices.

Your new house already looks like a comfortable and welcoming home.
Thankyou Shambini

It feels like home already... We feel very comfortable. Lots of work though (and pre planning to have the stuff ready to make it feel homely!) haha but worth it.
Ohhh pendants, how gorgeous do they look! You're doing well to keep a certain style throughout the house Deluxes, love it!!
Just dropping in to say hello... I haven't dropped off the face of the H1 planet!
I have been browsing and checking in briefly

Not a lot to report from our place!
We have pretty much unpacked, still a few things to find their permanent homes, some pics to go on the walls etc.

Our bedroom cedar venetians have finally arrived! They will be installed Friday morning... those poor temporary blinds have been troopers for the last month, I tell you!

Our deck and verandah plans have all been drafted and signed off, they went to council late last week. I doubt we'll see approval for a few weeks and with Christmas rapidly approaching, I think realistically it'll be Jan/Feb before it's up and done. But that's ok...

We are comfy with just the concreting, fencing and driveway being in for now.

Landscaping: Hubby is ordering in some gypsum and will spend the next while rotary hoe'ing that through the clay. Break it down a bit before we start any planting in the Autumn.

Very much enjoying the house, had a small issue with the septic lid - but Simonds maintenance were prompt in getting someone out and it's all ok now.

So that's what we're up to! Just settling in and adjusting
Oooh hello!
Been missing you in here! Your house is simply brilliant. The updates and piccies have all dried up now. You were the most avid poster
How much fun is the new abode eh
How are you enjoying your new abode?
We still don't have much on our walls, I take ages deciding! Great idea to rotary hoe in the gypsum, is your block fully clay?? If it is, that will give you so much more choice for plantings.... Ours is not full clay but we've added gypsum to some things that require better drainage...
TomCat
Oooh hello!
Been missing you in here! Your house is simply brilliant. The updates and piccies have all dried up now. You were the most avid poster
How much fun is the new abode eh

Hellllooooo! I've been missing everyone too!

Thanks TC, We are pretty darn happy with it...

There isn't much to really take pics of that I haven't already...
But there will be more once the deck and pergola go up, and of course the landscaping!

Treeseachanger
How are you enjoying your new abode?
We still don't have much on our walls, I take ages deciding! Great idea to rotary hoe in the gypsum, is your block fully clay?? If it is, that will give you so much more choice for plantings.... Ours is not full clay but we've added gypsum to some things that require better drainage...

Very much so Trees! We have been a little quiet, just settling and taking it all in...
I know what you mean! We have chopped and changed so much, we don't want to put holes in the walls until we are absolutely certain either!

It is pretty much a clay... has some sandy silty stuff, but mostly claggy clay! So the gypsum will just spend a few months breaking it down before some plants go in.
Most things we've noticed in the area seem to go beserk, so you're right - I don't think we'll have too many issues.
We are doing a mainly native variety front yard, really just due to ease of care. The back will be trees and a patch of lawn for our four legged family members.
I'm so happy to hear that you are enjoying your house Deluxes, you deserve it. You've done an amazing job everything looks fantastic and I'm sure the gardens will too (can't wait to see them)
Haha, yes I know, you've given us all your piccies. What more can you do??? Sheesh haha
I meant I havent noticed anyone else posting as many pics as you did. You know how we love piccies!
Princess Jasmine
I'm so happy to hear that you are enjoying your house Deluxes, you deserve it. You've done an amazing job everything looks fantastic and I'm sure the gardens will too (can't wait to see them)

Awww thankyou Princess Jasmine

You are too kind.

I will definitely be posting more piccies.... So much more to come!
I hope to see your build soon, I can't wait to see what you've done.
TomCat
Haha, yes I know, you've given us all your piccies. What more can you do??? Sheesh haha
I meant I havent noticed anyone else posting as many pics as you did. You know how we love piccies!

Sheesh! The pressure!
Haha yes I was a bit of a pic wh0re... Lol!
Good old Tapatalk app, let's you just attach them so easily... Couldn't resist
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum