Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 83 of 862
HI Buildingnow
New Home Inspections work all through Melbourne their contact details are 0421 311 694, we had Rob come out as Kev was on holidays and the report was ready that night, we had 60 items on our list

buildingnow
dear fingers crossed - interested in you experience
i am at exactly the same stage (just paid fixing stage). PD very difficult to deal with and definately invoicing ahead of schedule. Communication is limited. Did someone mention here a contractor who accompanies you on the final inspection to pick up details? Can you please post details of how to contact them?

andiro
Hi, we are building with Porter Davis and close to completion. But the whole construction process has been a complete nightmare. I would never chose PD again. Their display homes look very nice and the sales guys are usually quite fit, but when it comes to construction the nightmares started. They don't provide updates about the progress, are usually very quick with the invoices in the beginning but slow down to almost complete still stand in the end, when over weeks nothing happens. But worst is really that there is absolute no communications, we tried to call the admin girl and the construction supervisor but. They mostly don't answer the phone and only on very special lucky days return calls. They said that the painter finished, but when we checked many doors were not painted and still marks throughout the house. Very poor, I would definately not go with PD again.
But good luck!
Agree with all the comments regarding NewHomeInspections.com.au
Rob was great and well worth the money, Frame inspection was good. Just had pre plaster (unfortunately PD had the pasterers start early D'Oh) but verall still great value.
Hi fingers crossed,

I just noticed that your fix stage has been completed in March & now PCI has been carried out. By the way in our case the fix stage was completed by the 3rd week of March & thereafter PD took more than 2 weeks for painting. In your house was it the same?

At the moment SS had announced that they have started tiling & awaiting for a date for PCI. How long did it take for PCI after starting tiling, any thoughts would welcome...

Generally how long would it take from PCI to the date of handover?

At which point the occupancy certificate would issue?

I have also noticed that PD will raise the tax invoices even prior to completing the relevant stage & as SSAZ said I have been holding the payments, if there are any pending tasks to be completed.

Cheers............
Roshi
At the moment SS had announced that they have started tiling & awaiting for a date for PCI. How long did it take for PCI after starting tiling, any thoughts would welcome...

I have also noticed that PD will raise the tax invoices even prior to completing the relevant stage & as SSAZ said I have been holding the payments, if there are any pending tasks to be completed.

Cheers............

Hi Roshi,

It took 2 weeks from PCI to handover for our house. PD wanted a week but they couldn't finished the PCI items on time & I refused to do a handover with an agreement to fix the PCI items after handover.

Occupancy permit was issued around the PCI date, so that you can give it to the bank together with the final invoice for the bank to do the necessary paper work.
Gee whizz uhc! You really seem to have gotten the raw end of the deal! I suggest you go and get a tattslotto ticket cos your luck must be waiting for something!!

So are you in or almost there? Was this going to be you dream home or just a stop along the way?

Interesting that places seems so poor in comparison!
Pos
Hi unhappycustomer,

Just wondered what you are referring to when you say you requested them to build the house as "an order job"?

I can't believe the builder wouldn't allow you to make changes, such as window sizes or colorbond roof, that's crazy!
It's these changes and upgrades that make them money so it's seems very odd.

How did the developer find out what your original plans were if they were never submitted? What changes did you need to make to the home?

Perhaps you should take 'Pos' advice and get that tatts ticket.
Your experience sounds frustrating. What house are you building?
where are you building, north east, south, west??
Roshi
Hi fingers crossed,

I just noticed that your fix stage has been completed in March & now PCI has been carried out. By the way in our case the fix stage was completed by the 3rd week of March & thereafter PD took more than 2 weeks for painting. In your house was it the same?

Cheers............

Hi
Our tiles were laid mid Feb and concluded early March, our PCI is today but we had an inspector in last week, which we have forwarded to them, our inspector told us to ask for written notification of how and if they will be addressed, I guess at this stage it will take them 3 weeks to complete the PCI items and the address the report, our painting is "finished" but there are a number of touch ups which still have to be completed, although I am going to run my ahdn over all the walls to ensure that they have been sanded prior to painting, and I know this hasnt happened... dont know what happens there....
we have also recieved the last invoice but there needs to be deductions made for lateness of the house, liquidated damages stil have to come off the final invoice.
Hi Fingers crossed:

Have you ever receive a written notification / document specifying the way that PD have address the defects, which mentioned in your independant inspector's report.

I have done an inspection with NHI in February for Pre-plaster & still my SS has not forward me the document with the feedback. There was a problem in the roof & they have not fix it yet. Sometimes the process of building a house is really frustrating.....

Will PD complete your house ontime as mentioned in the contract document or have they taken more weeks.

Cheers..

Hi SSAZ,

Thanks for the comments...

fingers crossed
Roshi
date of handover?

Hi
Our tiles were laid mid Feb and concluded early March, our PCI is today but we had an inspector in last week, which we have forwarded to them, our inspector told us to ask for written notification of how and if they will be addressed, I guess at this stage it will take them 3 weeks to complete the PCI items and the address the report, our painting is "finished" but there are a number of touch ups which still have to be completed, although I am going to run my ahdn over all the walls to ensure that they have been sanded prior to painting, and I know this hasnt happened... dont know what happens there....
we have also recieved the last invoice but there needs to be deductions made for lateness of the house, liquidated damages stil have to come off the final invoice.
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone in the South Eastern suburbs has or has had a SS with the initials RM - and if so just wondering your thoughts on him and whether or not he is dependable in terms of dates of items/ tasks being scheduled, etc.

If you'd like to PM me or reply on here - that would be great

Many thanks
Kerry
Just completed our PCI - 60 odd items which need to be addressed.... and yes we did go throgh the house with a fine tooth comb...
we dont know how long they are going to need to complete the items but i think it will tkae them a further 4 weeks. we have asked for the items on our report to be included in the PCI so that they need to address this in that manner but so far and its only been a short time... few hours havent heard back, what I did get was that the mistakes they made they would rectify as per our contract ... so thats a positive.

watch this space
Roshi
Hi Fingers crossed:

Have you ever receive a written notification / document specifying the way that PD have address the defects, which mentioned in your independant inspector's report.

I have done an inspection with NHI in February for Pre-plaster & still my SS has not forward me the document with the feedback. There was a problem in the roof & they have not fix it yet. Sometimes the process of building a house is really frustrating.....

Will PD complete your house ontime as mentioned in the contract document or have they taken more weeks.

Cheers..

Hi SSAZ,

Thanks for the comments...

fingers crossed
Roshi
date of handover?

Hi

our house should be been finsihed in Feb.... so now they arent going to hand it to us on time
fingers crossed
Just completed our PCI - 60 odd items which need to be addressed.... and yes we did go throgh the house with a fine tooth comb...
we dont know how long they are going to need to complete the items but i think it will tkae them a further 4 weeks. we have asked for the items on our report to be included in the PCI so that they need to address this in that manner but so far and its only been a short time... few hours havent heard back, what I did get was that the mistakes they made they would rectify as per our contract ... so thats a positive.

watch this space

Good that you’re detailed and check everything. Hearing all the horror stories, I would recommend that you don’t take possession of the house until you are satisfied with the end product. Don’t be pressured in and take the house before they rectify all mistakes. Once they have your money it will be hard to get matters addressed. Also, who wants tradies entering the house whiles you living in it?
we have now decided that we have waited this long, we are willing to wait a little longer and I will NOT accept the house with any little thing not addressed... funny some of the excuses they have tried to use... regardless things need addressing... whatever the reason... feeling good at this stage, hopefully they will follow through with the changes.
fingers crossed, I am in exactly the same position. 41 items on the NHI pre hand over report. We are waiting for an official response to what items will be rectified. We are happy to wait until most items are fixed before taking possesion.
Well Done guys

Completion means just that!
Hi everyone,

I am building with PD in the new Harcrest site in Wantirina South. I have just signed contracts and have a start date of sometime in July from the developer (Mirvac).

I just wanted to ask how much New Home Inspections charge for thier services?

Thanks,

Gren
Gren
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask how much New Home Inspections charge for thier services?

Thanks,

Gren

Hi Gren,

Check out the link to their pricing. http://www.newhomeinspections.com.au/page/pricing.html
Hi,

The prices are posted on their website at http://www.newhomeinspections.com.au/page/pricing.html

Michelle
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum