Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Somerfield Estate Keysborough

Page 83 of 119
As an Architect and Qualified Energy Rater I don't see why anyone should change the layout ( even mirror) for the sake of a lousy crossover.

Cheers and Lets hope that Titles are issued by the end of the week....
Hello All,

We purchased a block of land last year in the Argyle neighbourhood and have been dreaming to build our new home there. There has been a change of plan due to unforeseen circumstances and hence we have decided not to go ahead.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the block, kindly PM me for further details. We are not looking to make any profits, just to recover the costs incurred.

Thanks!
Hi J&C, I have called the reception numerous times but no result. I have sent a email to the great dandenong city council regarding 14a but hasnot got reply. I will pop in the council office this Sat. to check with officer about that stage. The reception always said that they hasn't get any explaination from head office. I have get the head office relevant department phone number and will call tomorrow.
OBX
J & C
Since the Somerfield office informed us yesterday by email that the land settlement of 14A that was scheduled for August/September has now been delayed to December, we decided to have a look at the land block.

Look forward to your comments from all 14A owners and others who have been or are in a similar situation.
Yes, we are in stage 14 but in the building contract theyn alrady put a clause in like if you dont build by a certain time they start charging you...ours is Nov 1st and is 2k 1st month and 1k every month after. Our contract already covered 8k in it so thats 7 months they know its going to be late, I ask about this at conveyancing and they said it was normal due to price increasing after we purchase. But what can we do???

Hi OBX

Have you had any further updates...we have not had any...neither has firesos88.

Cheers - J & C
Hi Guys

The titles have not been issued Yesterday as predicted by some, however after speaking to Titles office today I have been advised that the subdivision is currently under review, the likelly release date will be tomorrow. MAY FORCE BE WITH US..........HEHE
Mikeyz32
mitchell_m45
yes it can but i chose a right hand driveway as my house faces south and didnt want the afternoon sun on the living room/alfresco side, the builder has offered to flip the house but i am not interested in this for the above reason. i decided the orientation of my house in april 2010 and the builder had almost 18 months to inform developer, i dont see how it is my responsibility when they are the ones submiting plans to the developer for aproval and also got asked to send in a scetch of what i plan to do with my gardens wich was sent via my builder to the developer showing a right hand drive way.

Hello trav987

I've just recently purchased a block in stage 15 (July, 2011).

Like you, we decided on our builder and house before the engineering plans had been issued.

But unlike you, we were told, by the builder and developer, that we should find out which side the crossover will be, and it was our responsibility to apply for a 'change over' should it be on the wrong side.

When we received the engineering plans, the crossover is on the wrong side, and we had to apply for the change over. It costed $180.

We haven't received a formal confirmation, just a verbal ok. They said that they won't issue a final plan until closer to settlement.

I'm not saying that you're in the wrong or anything. I'm just want to inform you of my experience with the same issue, and I hope you resolve it asap without any hassle, and without playing the $1500 you were quoted.

On a final note, I would like to thank everyone who has added to this forum. It has help me immensely with the process of purchasing our first 'new' house. I really would be lost without you guys. Can't wait to start building!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Correction, can't wait to move into our new house!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolz!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikeyz32

We noticed our crossover was on the wrong side back in May. It cost us $150 for them to relocate. (which they still havent done, but assure us it will be done). Our builder drew the plans based on the original locations and then we needed them to get flipped also.

I would not be paying $1500 for it to be relocated! What a joke!
STAGE 10 HAS TITLED.......WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CONGRATS
Mala
STAGE 10 HAS TITLED.......WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've just been told my land in stage 10 has titled and settlement is due on 26th August....

To say that today is a great day is an understatement .... Come on all Stage 10 buyers lets rejoyce in the fact that in two weeks we'll finally own our land... or the bank will... YAY!!!!
yehhhhh...very very happy that stage 10 has titled and settlement will be on Aug-26th..Waiting for this day for so longgg
.....congrats to all stage 10 owners....Will see you all soon...
Congratulations! Has anyone heard about stage 11? We thought 10 and 11 were meant to title at the same time... Can't wait!
Well done everybody, lets make a move and build asap.
Ruby10
Congratulations! Has anyone heard about stage 11? We thought 10 and 11 were meant to title at the same time... Can't wait!

Stage 11 titled last week as well. We received an email from Somerfield on Thursday.

firesos88
Hi J&C, I have called the reception numerous times but no result. I have sent a email to the great dandenong city council regarding 14a but hasnot got reply. I will pop in the council office this Sat. to check with officer about that stage. The reception always said that they hasn't get any explaination from head office. I have get the head office relevant department phone number and will call tomorrow.

Hi firesos88

How did you go with your visit ? Do you have any updates apart from the email sent by Somerfield estate.

Cheers
Hi J&C,
Not yet. we consulted this issue with our land lawyer and been told there is nothing we can do at this stage. Frustrated! what have you got?
cheers
J & C
firesos88

Hi firesos88

How did you go with your visit ? Do you have any updates apart from the email sent by Somerfield estate.

Cheers
we got the keys today!! yay!! just thought i'd let you guys know!
REfL3ct
we got the keys today!! yay!! just thought i'd let you guys know!

CONGRATZ Reflect!!! I got my inspection this friday, so im guessing 2 weeks after that i get my keys

Also, any tips on the inspection?

Regards
J & C
firesos88

Hi firesos88

Cheers

Hi J&C, I have called the head office. They can only give u apology. I have showed my solicitor their email but he said u could not sue/argue with them as what they are not illegal. I checked with a friend working in Burbank, he said normally builder will charge customer the detention fee but u could argue with the builder as they offered u the packing price but didn't told u that the trees on the land has not been approved to move. It is builder's fault. As a customer we bought house and land package from builder, builder should be responsible for everything.
ginz88
CONGRATZ Reflect!!! I got my inspection this friday, so im guessing 2 weeks after that i get my keys

Also, any tips on the inspection?

Regards

Thanks Ginz! wow yours was quick. already caught up to me!

yes i have tips. make sure you list down the night before everyroom and everything you want to look at. so you don't forget. this includes outside too. roof tiles everything!

your supervisor will talk heaps to distract you. so a lot of multitasking will be needed. look at things while he/she talks.

check if all your cupboards and cabinets close properly, check if your front door wobbles. i made him fix it while i was there so it stopped wobbling. on windy days that would be soo annoying.

look for scratches everywhere and don't be afraid to point them out.

mind you my house still has a few defects that need to be addressed. which they will. but its safer to make sure it's all done before you get keys. i am a little worried they will now give up on me. but so far so good.

on handover day, make sure you go through the list of defects again. because they wont go through the house. they will try and get you to sign off on everything asap. my supervisor was purposely ignoring things that hadnt been done properly: for example. we have a scratch on the rumpus room door. and instead of fully sanding and repainting. they painted over the spot which didn't work.. he pretended he couldnt tell. but the scratch was most certainly there still.

on final day buy your supervisor a bottle of wine like we did. no matter how bad or good he might be. its a little insentive so he actually follows through with aany additional fixes you might need after handover. lol well we are hoping anyway!

if you have any more question i am happy to answer!!

good luck!
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum