Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 815 of 862
Drew01
brucefil2011
My site supervisor got back to me this morning about the poo situation.

I've heard of owners glad wrapping the toilet bowl to stop it being used before hand over. I've also heard of toilets being changed to new ones due to the tradies using then before hand over...

What was your outcome?

He has assured me that all toilets will be thoroughly cleaned before hand over.

I dont mind the toilets being used after all thier toilets. I do mind them not being flushed.

see more at
hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com
Quick question guys. Is anyone getting a polytec cabinet profile with a laminex 2 pac colour? Or do you know if this is offered?

Asking because pretty sure this is what I’ve seen in lots of displays as polytec offer a wider range of profile but only laminex offers colours with a satin finish

Dani_J
Quick question guys. Is anyone getting a polytec cabinet profile with a laminex 2 pac colour? Or do you know if this is offered?

Asking because pretty sure this is what I’ve seen in lots of displays as polytec offer a wider range of profile but only laminex offers colours with a satin finish

We have flat cabinets with a shark nose handle in gloss laminate

see more at

We have bench tops.. I am so happy we made the change to Lagoon. After a whole week of no one on site, these guys turned up late yesterday afternoon. Still no sign of the cabinet doors, I hope there isn't a problem, we were told they would arrive 2 weeks ago.
nikil

We have bench tops.. I am so happy we made the change to Lagoon. After a whole week of no one on site, these guys turned up late yesterday afternoon. Still no sign of the cabinet doors, I hope there isn't a problem, we were told they would arrive 2 weeks ago.
They look very prestigious.

see more at
nikil

That benchtop looks amazing. Great choice.
Hi,

We are looking at building the Astor 49 with Porter Davis. It is a pretty new plan and not sure if anyone is building it in this forum. We had asked for a few changes in our ground floor and thought will share this with the wider community to get some feedback.

We have removed the lounge and made it into a guest bed and made the study smaller.

Thoughts appreciated.

Cheers.

G

Fongeo
Hi,

We are looking at building the Astor 49 with Porter Davis. It is a pretty new plan and not sure if anyone is building it in this forum. We had asked for a few changes in our ground floor and thought will share this with the wider community to get some feedback.

We have removed the lounge and made it into a guest bed and made the study smaller.

Thoughts appreciated.

Cheers.

G

Hi G

It's a great plan, I like your changes to the guest suite.
Had you thought about adding a window to your galley, lets in light and out the smell of burnt toast.
Also changing the window in front of the kitchen sink to a bi-fold so that you can create a servery?
I personally like my pantry to have a door on it, that way it stays dark and cool.
Also, don't forget to put a nech in the shower, it doesn't cost that much and looks so much better.
Lastly, get a costing to upgrade the hight and width of your alfresco doors, if you keep the standard style (not boutique) and just get it taller (2250mm) and wider it doesn't cost that much more,
also, ask for fly screens on the alfresco doors, they are surprised cheep through PD.

So much you can spend extra money on! If you get it put on the plan and into the quote now, you can always take it out later at no charge.

All the best.
C.
nikil

Great news on the bench tops, glad they finally arrived!

Our waterproofing is now done, tiling starts tomorrow. Our SS does the waterproofing after fixing so we couldn't get the inspection done as part of the fixing inspection with Darbecca and didn't want to fork out the $400 or so it would cost to get it done as a separate inspection.

Happily our SS agreed to check on it with us present, not that we really have any idea what to look for but presumably he does and wants to make sure it is up to scratch. The shelving has also been installed and the first couple of coats of painting done.

We are still on track for PCI in early March apparently, and hopefully moving in a few weeks later. There are a few things which need to be rectified but so far we've been really happy with the job our SS and PD have done.

Hurrow
Our waterproofing is now done, tiling starts tomorrow. Our SS does the waterproofing after fixing so we couldn't get the inspection done as part of the fixing inspection with Darbecca and didn't want to fork out the $400 or so it would cost to get it done as a separate inspection.

Happily our SS agreed to check on it with us present, not that we really have any idea what to look for but presumably he does and wants to make sure it is up to scratch. The shelving has also been installed and the first couple of coats of painting done.

We are still on track for PCI in early March apparently, and hopefully moving in a few weeks later. There are a few things which need to be rectified but so far we've been really happy with the job our SS and PD have done.

Our SS gave us the same timeline! It will be interesting to see how it goes for both of us. All we have left is carpets and cabinetry doors and a final coat of paint to the whole house.

Hi,

Thanks.

These are things we have done.

- Bi fold window to the kitchen that leads to the alfresco with the stone extended.
- Galley and the kitchen both have fixed picture window to let light in.
- We have taken the boutique option for the alfresco.
- Will ask for the fly screens on that. They are giving fly screens everywhere else.
- On the doors to the pantry I will have a chat with the wife. She did not mention it.
- have upgraded to fixed large size windows in the living room. This is a chunky upgrade.
- the WLL in the laundry will have an entry from the laundry and will not have a door.

Do you think there is anything obvious we have left out.

Cheers.

G

Also, don't forget to put a nech in the shower, it doesn't cost that much and looks so much better.

All the best.
C.[/quote]

The niche is standard in all the bathrooms.

Fongeo

All the best.
C.

[/quote]

That’s good, they charged us to add them to our bathrooms.

nikil
Fongeo

All the best.
C.

[/quote]

It says it is included in the quote. In the master bedroom we have asked for a ledge instead of a niche. The ledge comes with stone and it is easier to clean. IM(wife’s)HO.

nikil
Fongeo

All the best.
C.

[/quote]

Not for melbourne it’s not.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Fongeo

All the best.
C.

[/quote]We got charged for it, that was almost a year ago though.

We have a bathroom and 3x Ensuites which include 4 x showers and 2 baths, therefore 6x niches in total. We were charged for all 6 of them. We had our contract meeting in November.

We are building an Advantage range house, it might be different when you build a Prestige, perhaps they are included in the base price.

However, I would imagine that you would still be charged for a ledge. We have 2 in our house design and they charged us handsomely for the privilege.
inphaze
We have a bathroom and 3x Ensuites which include 4 x showers and 2 baths, therefore 6x niches in total. We were charged for all 6 of them. We had our contract meeting in November.

We are building an Advantage range house, it might be different when you build a Prestige, perhaps they are included in the base price.

However, I would imagine that you would still be charged for a ledge. We have 2 in our house design and they charged us handsomely for the privilege.

They are charging for the ledge. 232 for plaster and 600 for the stone. The stone would be confirmed at tender.

On a different note how different were your costs at tender as compared to the quote that you received.

nikil
Fongeo

All the best.
C.

[/quote]We didnt get one as std in ours it was going to be about $500. IMHO neiches will end up in the same place in history as sunken lounges and monument (whoops sorry I mean mission brown) We have the monument so coudnt bare the neich as well.

see more at
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum