Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 812 of 862
nikil
brucefil2011
nikil

Surprised to see we had people working on our house Saturday and Sunday! Floors done and wardrobe and pantry shelves installed.

Now we are just waiting for stone benches, shower screens and carpet for the bedrooms.

Why your moving forwards seems were moving backwards

see more at
hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com

What has happened here?? We had a hole put in one of the bedroom walls to access out shower as they put it in the wrong place and resulting in tiles needing to be replaced.
The electricians said a wire had been broken in the wall and had to be replaced. They did quite a hack job at it though.
They are two young guys who dont seem to care a great deal.

see more at
brucefil2011
nikil
brucefil2011
[quote="nikil"]

Surprised to see we had people working on our house Saturday and Sunday! Floors done and wardrobe and pantry shelves installed.

Now we are just waiting for stone benches, shower screens and carpet for the bedrooms.

see more at

What has happened here?? We had a hole put in one of the bedroom walls to access out shower as they put it in the wrong place and resulting in tiles needing to be replaced.
The electricians said a wire had been broken in the wall and had to be replaced. They did quite a hack job at it though.
They are two young guys who dont seem to care a great deal.

see more at
hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com[/quote]

Wow that looks very odd. Surely there was a better way.

Certainly looks like they didn't care! I would be telling the SS that it all needs to be replaced and not just patched up.
Hi guys,

Would anyone have a copy of PD’s alternate Performance Solution for Waterproofing?

My BC is not responding as usual and we have our waterproofing inspection coming.

Thanks in advance

Talk about getting on and fixing things quickly.

Well done porter davis.

Was just told most items will be finished by weeks end in preperation dor final inspection im the next two weeks.

see more at
brucefil2011
nikil

see more at

That's disgraceful. I hope you're insisting that they replace all the plaster for that area.
Hurrow
brucefil2011
nikil

see more at

That's disgraceful. I hope you're insisting that they replace all the plaster for that area.
Loiking at it.

It's a good job im ok

see more at
sencillez
Hi guys,

Would anyone have a copy of PD’s alternate Performance Solution for Waterproofing?

My BC is not responding as usual and we have our waterproofing inspection coming.

Thanks in advance

Hi Sencillez

We are finalising our Construction Drawings and one of the questions we posed to our BC was in regards to their Waterproofing. We have heard a lot about their "alternative solution" here on Homeone, so wanted to get a definitive answer on what they meant, especially in regards to cabinetry being installed prior to waterproofing taking place. Have also heard about seperate WC's not being waterproofed.

We just got the above response from our BC, she says that PD now conform to the latest Australian Standards for waterproofing

Good news
inphaze
sencillez
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

Hi Sencillez

We are finalising our Construction Drawings and one of the questions we posed to our BC was in regards to their Waterproofing. We have heard a lot about their "alternative solution" here on Homeone, so wanted to get a definitive answer on what they meant, especially in regards to cabinetry being installed prior to waterproofing taking place. Have also heard about seperate WC's not being waterproofed.

We just got the above response from our BC, she says that PD now conform to the latest Australian Standards for waterproofing

Good news

Thanks for this.

I hope this is also applicable to us. Our BC just sent us the alternative solution document this morning.

sencillez
inphaze
sencillez
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

Hi Sencillez

Good news

Thanks for this.

I hope this is also applicable to us. Our BC just sent us the alternative solution document this morning.

I think the change has only come into effect very recently.

The change probably hasn't been communicated to all staff. Chances are, if you go back to your BC saying you have heard that they have changed their policy, they will ask their boss and find out that it has changed.
P.S.

Any chance you could share to Alternative solution.
We have been very curious to know what it covers, or doesn't cover.
We were after this from our BC, when she came back with the news that they have changed, however I'm now not sure if she is correct or your BC is correct?
The tradies are parked down the street it's all on at the house this morning.

Getting a better impression of what the kitchen will look like once it's finished

see more at
TEMP FENCE REMOVED. NEARLY THERE.........

see more at
brucefil2011

see more at

Exciting!! How long did you stone bench take to arrive after your cabinetry went in? We were told at least 4 weeks.

nikil
brucefil2011

see more at

Exciting!! How long did you stone bench take to arrive after your cabinetry went in? We were told at least 4 weeks.

I think you've been given a storey there, ours took about 3 days for the 6 stone tops in our house and I have previously had one made for my business in pure white (the most expensive and non common stone) and it was less than a week.

Have they been out to measure for the tops as my understanding is they make a template on site then take it away to make the bench tops.

Hope you get them soon it would be great if we finished within a week of each other as we started about a week apart.

brucefil2011
nikil
brucefil2011

see more at

I think you've been given a storey there, ours took about 3 days for the 6 stone tops in our house and I have previously had one made for my business in pure white (the most expensive and non common stone) and it was less than a week.

Have they been out to measure for the tops as my understanding is they make a template on site then take it away to make the bench tops.

Hope you get them soon it would be great if we finished within a week of each other as we started about a week apart.

Oh that’s interesting. Our SS told us they measure up once the cabinetry is in and there is at least a 4 week turn around before they are delivered. You’re the second person that’s said they were done within a week. Hopefully they arrive soon it’s already been 2 weeks.

inphaze
P.S.

We were after this from our BC, when she came back with the news that they have changed, however I'm now not sure if she is correct or your BC is correct?

It’s a big document. I can email it to you if you PM me your email address.

inphaze
P.S.

Has it changed in your contract or does it still state 'Alternative solution'? If so, you may want a building variation raised to state they no longer use the alternative solution and will be building to Australian standards.
That’s a very good point, I will check the contract and raise this with our BC if it’s necessary to have the amendment made

Cheers
You guys are going to love this. We built with Porter Davis in 2016, other than the three month check have barely had any contact with them since handover. Today, out of the blue, a PD tiler rings to say he is trying to finish someone’s job but is one tile short and can’t get a matching replacement (something to do with it going out of stock/existing batches don’t match?) and do we still have our spares and could he have one. The cheek of PD giving him my number! At first I was so shocked I lost my brain and all I could think was the poor person building who was being mucked up by this so I said yes. Then I immediately regretted it - it’s not our problem and what if we need them in the future? I called PD to complain about the breach of privacy and fortunately the lady at the complaints line was as surprised as I was, said it was unusual, should never have happened and she would call the number immediately and tell him not to come here and follow this up with head office. But still... yikes.

Oh! And he also had my address. Who else might they give it out to without our permission? Double yikes!

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum