Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Willowdale

Page 82 of 165
Hi Swiftsport

I'm not sure of your personal situation (whether you qualify for the first home owners grant and stamp duty exemption) however, if you are like us and don't qualify, stamp duty payable on a vacant block of land is far cheaper than paying it on a house and land package, so just something to keep in mind
Geez completely overlook stamp duty. No I don't qualify for first home owner grant as this is my second home ( 1 week into settlement sale of our current home) stamp duty payable on say h&l of $704000 or just on unregistered land $394000 completely overlooked stamp duty stuff.

Like us then, you only get the $5,000 new building grant.

Stamp duty on $704,000 is $27,190 versus $13,240 on $394,000, as you can see its quite a substantial difference.
Hi Swiftsport,

Stamp duty will be on your total price since its a H&L. I assume you are under stage 9 if your land is targetted to be registered in june next year. I am in stage 9 and that's my target date. What lot number are you?
Thanks Me_2302 so & $27190 ouch. But on the up side we get a grant? $5000?
Lot 9005 across from the proposed school I believe it's on opposite side of fence far end?

Yes, you are eligible for the $5,000 new home builder grant, you can download the application form from the Office of State Revenue website, although your solicitor/conveyancer should be able to assist you.
Hey guys

Thought I would put my 2c worth in!
My partner and I purchased a house and land package but we had two separate contracts and two separate transactions.
The land contract was settled with Stockland and stamp duty was paid only on the land.
The building (house) contract was signed with Mojo Homes, with no stamp duty applicable.
From what I understand, I think that is because Mojo had an option over the land but never actually owned it, therefore we purchased it from Stockland, but had to build with Mojo.
I would assume that it would be different if the builder bought the land from Stockland and then onsold it as part of house and land.
Not sure if I am making sense, but that is how I understand it!
One of our first questions to the builder was how the contracts were structured as we wanted to take stamp duty into account in our financial calculations...
Also adding my 2c to the previous posts (few pages back - just catching up!) about the local shopping...
Narellan Town Centre, just up the road (west) on Camden Valley Way, is getting a major overhaul and has Woolworths and Coles there.
The Woolworths at Oran Park (according to Oran Park website) is largest Woolies in Metro Sydney.
Aldi also at Carnes Hill (in addition to Woolworths) and one coming to Edmondson Park.
For any insomniacs wanting to do some late night / early morning shopping there is a 24 hour K-Mart at Casula (20 mins towards Liverpool).
For bulk buying there is a CostCo about 5-10 minutes away at Crossroads - though need to pay yearly membership.
So with all of these options around, I wonder if, and what, grocery shopping we will get at Willowdale...
I work in city, just need a close by train station... Willowdale seems a lot closer.

There is a new Rawson Homes estate called Lucere (I think Rawson Homes don't allow other builders there) which I think is just before Willowdale on Camden Valley Way, otherwise I think that Willowdale will be the closest of the new estates on Camden Valley Way to Leppington train station
CharlieMojo
Hey guys

Thought I would put my 2c worth in!
My partner and I purchased a house and land package but we had two separate contracts and two separate transactions.
The land contract was settled with Stockland and stamp duty was paid only on the land.
The building (house) contract was signed with Mojo Homes, with no stamp duty applicable.
From what I understand, I think that is because Mojo had an option over the land but never actually owned it, therefore we purchased it from Stockland, but had to build with Mojo.
I would assume that it would be different if the builder bought the land from Stockland and then onsold it as part of house and land.
Not sure if I am making sense, but that is how I understand it!
One of our first questions to the builder was how the contracts were structured as we wanted to take stamp duty into account in our financial calculations...

Ditto CharlieMojo, that's exactly how my H&L package worked with EBH

Sent using Tapatalk
I was told by Casaview homes the same they only apply stamp duty to land I believe that was couple months ago. I'm going with EBH so I guess might be stamp duty on land only. I'll find out on Saturday anyways thanks for info makes a huge difference if applied to whole purchase price.

We bought HL package from McDonald Jones homes, and the land settled with Stockland rather than MJH.

land price is higher than purchasing directly from Stockland. But it was so hard for us to reserve any land from the developers in the south west area..

Ganilton
We bought HL package from McDonald Jones homes, and the land settled with Stockland rather than MJH.

land price is higher than purchasing directly from Stockland. But it was so hard for us to reserve any land from the developers in the south west area..

My partner and I bought a house and land package from Mojo Homes (I understand to be a subsidiary of McDonald Jones).

At the time we had the same problem with the land - there was a high demand and none available. Luckily for us (but unluckily for someone else) a buyer had finance issues and the house and land package was put back on the market.

I didn't realise though that they sold the land to us for more than what Stockland was selling for. I thought that since the land was settling with Stockland directly that the price on the contract would be the same as what Stockland's selling price...

Can anyone share the lot prices from Stage 2C? Now, I am curious to know how much money they have made from us!!
CharlieMojo
Ganilton

My partner and I bought a house and land package from Mojo Homes (I understand to be a subsidiary of McDonald Jones).

At the time we had the same problem with the land - there was a high demand and none available. Luckily for us (but unluckily for someone else) a buyer had finance issues and the house and land package was put back on the market.

I didn't realise though that they sold the land to us for more than what Stockland was selling for. I thought that since the land was settling with Stockland directly that the price on the contract would be the same as what Stockland's selling price...

Can anyone share the lot prices from Stage 2C? Now, I am curious to know how much money they have made from us!!

Hi CharlieMojo, I purchased H&L from EBH, & I asked Stockland the price for the block if it was to be sold separately, & they gave me the same value as what I was told by EBH.
Can't help with 2C prices, as I was 1B, however my block was 489.4m2, & I paid $280K for it in the package...I was ok with that amount

Sent using Tapatalk
Hi everyone

Have some progress on the concreting, as previously mentioned - just in case anyone is interested in how it looks

Across the back of the house

My right-side footpath to the alfresco (as you face the house)

The alfresco-side, continuous to the lay at the back of the house

Alfresco surround

Sent using Tapatalk
...and little steps down from the alfresco

Will have more pics up once the other side fence is in & the concrete is done on that side.
The gate on the side shown will be installed shortly, & grass/tree out the back once concreting complete. Will update on front yard when it has more progress (not much has happened there yet)

Sent using Tapatalk
pixigt25
CharlieMojo
Ganilton

Hi CharlieMojo, I purchased H&L from EBH, & I asked Stockland the price for the block if it was to be sold separately, & they gave me the same value as what I was told by EBH.
Can't help with 2C prices, as I was 1B, however my block was 489.4m2, & I paid $280K for it in the package...I was ok with that amount

We found a price list online and we paid a bit more. But there is inflation as well. Good things are, We only need to wait 2 months for land registration. And it is at a very convenient spot.

I paid 25k more than PixiGT25 but for a block of 300m2. Oh actually, 300.5m2 as per contract. ( see how proud PixiGT25 looks )

We are fine with the price, regardless how much it is from Stockland. We are just so happy we finally got something affordable; something we really like and something can be called HOME.

Sent using Tapatalk

Nice pixigt how does fencing work out if your first one to build and no else around you? How much does fencing cost? Pixigt did you cement all that yourself?

Finally able to log in using my Homeone login using Tapatalk!
️ (had login problems since last TT update, but all good now). Used pixigt25 in the mean time

Sent using Tapatalk
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum