Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 808 of 828
Stukip
Does an interim occupancy certificate have an expiry date? ie do I have to deal with the items listed in the interim OC within a specified time? eg install permanent privacy screen, lay turf etc.

5 years to obtain a full OC is what was instructed on my partial OC
For those for are currently building or in the administration phase, how long has it been so far or how long did it take for the pre-construction stage? I'm 6 months in and still cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel...
Adam_17
For those for are currently building or in the administration phase, how long has it been so far or how long did it take for the pre-construction stage? I'm 6 months in and still cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Paid $2k last Dec, still in tender var 2. Borehole, contour and pegout done.
Flamingo
Adam_17

So you still haven't signed the contract?
Adam_17
Flamingo
Adam_17

So you still haven't signed the contract?

not yet, I will make sure when I receive my tender var 2, I won't make any changes otherwise, it may take another few weeks. hopefully I can get it signed by the end of this month. what stage are you at? signed contract? what's the hold ups?
We've done all the selections, still waiting on a few variations to come through. BASIX was done but needs to done again due to the DA...
Adam_17
We've done all the selections, still waiting on a few variations to come through. BASIX was done but needs to done again due to the DA...

Mine is going to DA as well, how long did it take for DA? I heard it takes 2-3 months.
Flamingo
Adam_17

Mine is going to DA as well, how long did it take for DA? I heard it takes 2-3 months.

DA came back within 2 weeks. I think I am using the acronym wrong, its Developer Approval I am talking about, not Development Application.
Adam_17
Flamingo
Adam_17

DA came back within 2 weeks. I think I am using the acronym wrong, its Developer Approval I am talking about, not Development Application.

Hi Adam17, with your selection meeting, how long does it take for them to get back to you with the quote? for example, kitchen variation, electrical and tiles. do you get it from Wisdom Homes or from the supplier directly? I am still waiting for my tender V2 but thinking, if everything/everytime takes 1-2 months to get back to me, I probably won't be able to build until the end of next year.

I am also not too sure about their price lock, is it from the tender acceptance or from the initial deposit?
Hi Flamingo, it took us about 10 weeks to get the majority of the quotes in from Wisdom. The suppliers are much quicker, tiles came in within a week or so, stairs took some time but only because it took a while for our selections to be submitted. Kitchen was a bit of a headache, we did the kitchen appointment at QC and then 10 weeks later we were told to go to Timpelle. Once we had that appointment, Timpelle came back within 2 weeks with the quote. The aircon, alarm and window covering quotes are provided during your appointments.

Every time we submit a change to get a price that needs to go to Wisdoms estimating team it takes around 3 weeks, so I'd suggest getting quotes on multiple items at a time, ie get a quote on your first second and third preferences of each upgrade item such as taps, sinks, toilets, externals, etc. To put it in perspective, our appointments were at the beginning of March and we are still going back and forth with quotes for upgrades.

Electrical costs can be shared with you straight away as the program they use calculates as they add anything. You CQ rep will be able to supply the electrical price list prior to the appointment so you'll be able to do your own estimate prior.

I'm not 100% sure about the price lock, I would have thought it was from the deposit date.
ok, it does take a bit time to go through the whole process, with next two weeks lock down in Sydney, it may take even longer. good luck.
Hi everyone, I know the builder will tell me when I should demolish my house, but can anyone provide me more details for this?
I am doing a KDR, do I demolish my house after council approval end panel signed, finance approved? I am trying to plan to get quote for demolition but I don't want to do it too early as the quote maybe not valid if it's too long.
Flamingo
Hi everyone, I know the builder will tell me when I should demolish my house, but can anyone provide me more details for this?
I am doing a KDR, do I demolish my house after council approval end panel signed, finance approved? I am trying to plan to get quote for demolition but I don't want to do it too early as the quote maybe not valid if it's too long.

Hi Flamingo, My recommendation is to wait for as long as you can. This is why. Demolition takes a week, two at the most, to be completed. That won't really interfere with Wisdom build. If you are going to rent a place, you want to save on weekly rent; hence wait. That been said, make sure you got the place in advance to save stress and problems. That goes for the removalist as well.
Now wisdom will take a fair bit of time before they are ready to build. If you demolish the house too earlier, you will have an empty site that you need to keep an eye on. On top of that, you'll need to pay for fence rental to the demolition company if Wisdom doesn't take ownership of the site soon enough.
Wisdom will advise when they believe they'll commence so that you can use that as a working date.
Finally, if you are renting, two months of delay on the Wisdom side (not unusual) will mean at very least $2k per month (rental will be higher than this) extra from your pocket. In contrast, if you delay the starting date, a week or two won't impact the project.
This is based on my experience where I move and demolish the house 1st week of Jan, and the construction ends up starting in the second week of July.

Good luck
Hi Malypetu,

Thanks for your reply, this is really helpful, my idea is to leave the demolition to the very last, ideally, Wisdom Homes can start to build right after the demolition, rental costs me at least $600 per week, I cannot afford to wait another 6 months after demolition or it's total waste of money and time.

you mentioned that you demolished in Jan but construction work only started in July. I guess that you had got your building approval from council and WH advised to demolish the house, what was the issue to wait for 6 months? it's not a good experience from customer's point of view.
Manhattan52
kingofnowhere
@faykis the colour and grain look a lot different in person. As PeterJess said go visit a Ceasar stone showroom if you cant go to CQ.

Yep they look very different in person

Here is Pure White with Nataio Walnut and Domino in a satin poly.

Hi Manhattan52, your house setup looks great, design and furnitures etc. if you are still around Homeone, can you advice what brand is your fridge(s)? thanks.
Flamingo
Manhattan52
kingofnowhere
@faykis the colour and grain look a lot different in person. As PeterJess said go visit a Ceasar stone showroom if you cant go to CQ.

Yep they look very different in person

Here is Pure White with Nataio Walnut and Domino in a satin poly.

Hi Manhattan52, your house setup looks great, design and furnitures etc. if you are still around Homeone, can you advice what brand is your fridge(s)? thanks.

They are 2 Liebherr intergrated fridges with the Liebherr stainless panels.
Manhattan52
Flamingo

I thought so, just cannot confirm with the stainless steel panels on, they look great in the kitchen, my setup will be similar to yours, I am looking at the French door model but it's a bit smaller, this is great combination. you mentioned in your previous posts that WH allows you to bring your own appliance, did they install it for you or you have to do it after handover? in one of your photos, there are 2 Italian style single arm chairs next to the fireplace, did you get them from Australia? i searched online there are similar ones but certainly they all looks different and not as good looking as your one.
Flamingo
Manhattan52
Flamingo

I thought so, just cannot confirm with the stainless steel panels on, they look great in the kitchen, my setup will be similar to yours, I am looking at the French door model but it's a bit smaller, this is great combination. you mentioned in your previous posts that WH allows you to bring your own appliance, did they install it for you or you have to do it after handover? in one of your photos, there are 2 Italian style single arm chairs next to the fireplace, did you get them from Australia? i searched online there are similar ones but certainly they all looks different and not as good looking as your one.

I had them installed the day of handover. Wisdom didn’t install any of my appliances

The chairs are from Poliform around $5k each I think

https://www.poliformaustralia.com.au/ga ... chair.html
Flamingo
Hi Malypetu,

Thanks for your reply, this is really helpful, my idea is to leave the demolition to the very last, ideally, Wisdom Homes can start to build right after the demolition, rental costs me at least $600 per week, I cannot afford to wait another 6 months after demolition or it's total waste of money and time.

you mentioned that you demolished in Jan but construction work only started in July. I guess that you had got your building approval from council and WH advised to demolish the house, what was the issue to wait for 6 months? it's not a good experience from customer's point of view.

Hi Flamingo,
Glad to hear it helps. We had problems with the certifier and hydraulic eng, exactly what I don't know. However, we'd only found out after the problem occurred, by then we have already moved out and demolished the house.... hence the extra couple of $K in the rental. My view is that should have been managed in a better way from WH.
Cheers
Manhattan52
Flamingo
Manhattan52

I had them installed the day of handover. Wisdom didn’t install any of my appliances

The chairs are from Poliform around $5k each I think

https://www.poliformaustralia.com.au/ga ... chair.html

Thanks, Italian and Napa leather altogether means quality and pricey, lol
very good choice
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum