Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 81 of 778
jewel18
Hey Guys.

Signed the contract with EBH this week. It went well.

We have our first appointment booked on 19 Nov.

We have a big task ahead. Any suggestions?

Does any one know a good kitchen splashback company? We plan to get this post handover.

We will also get quotes for blinds on this weekend. Lets see what we come with.

The start date for construction will be in Feb

Congratulations on signing your contract. With regards to your splashback, a good company is Decoglaze at Seven Hills. At the moment they have reduced their prices so it would be a good time to get a quote. They have a huge range of colours to choose from. Just don't say you are building with Eden Brae as kitchen culture use them and they will tell you that you have to go through the builder.
welby
Does anybody have a pic of their meterbox? With the duct work leading into mine theres about a 4 inch gap between the duct work and the actual meterbox. Here's a quick pic after all the brickwork was complete the day before the site clean.

Hi,

No pic, but mine is the same. All EBH are like this from what I can see. They just paint everything the same colour. I am thinking it could have something to do with insulating the box from the ground - maybe?
Guys, its been a while since i last logged on and posted something on this thread. I have been lazy I must admit, but I can see lots has been happening with everybody's houses!! Its fantastic to see things are moving along...

I'll be updating my blog, hopefully later today, just been lazy but importantly, busy with work and trying to sort out things with eden brae!

Our place is moving along nicely, garage door is on (incorrect color), tiling for wet areas complete (well about 95%), painters started last week Friday. So all in all, not so bad!
HoudaMan
welby
Does anybody have a pic of their meterbox? With the duct work leading into mine theres about a 4 inch gap between the duct work and the actual meterbox. Here's a quick pic after all the brickwork was complete the day before the site clean.

Hi,

No pic, but mine is the same. All EBH are like this from what I can see. They just paint everything the same colour. I am thinking it could have something to do with insulating the box from the ground - maybe?

Nah won't be that Houda as the box is already earthed anyway so it would be beneficial if anything.
Blog updated
Kerith
Blog updated

Was wishing this process could be much smoother for you... What lot of bumps along the way for you two! Hoping you get some clarification tomorrow!
Don't you love paperwork Kerith, it becomes a bit of a joke after awhile dosn't it. Hopefully you can get it sorted quickly now
Haha! Still have bank loan, tree removal application, vehicular crossing application & some other minor ones to do - PAPERWORK. Grrrr.......
News news news. Had an appt with SS today and he told me, no more site appt coz edenbrae has had an incident, so all clients will be allowed into only twice during the whole build process. Once preside ie when electrical rough in is done and another is PCI. I don't understand how this works.
jammie25
News news news. Had an appt with SS today and he told me, no more site appt coz edenbrae has had an incident, so all clients will be allowed into only twice during the whole build process. Once preside ie when electrical rough in is done and another is PCI. I don't understand how this works.

That's true, I was told the same, do you know what type of incident was it? I have already requested my SS to inspect the brick work after the acid wash, cant wait till lock up stage. At lock up will get Independent Inspector to inspect it.
Kerith
Haha! Still have bank loan, tree removal application, vehicular crossing application & some other minor ones to do - PAPERWORK. Grrrr.......

I hope everything will run smooth for you after this hurdle.
Today was a better day in 'new house' land! Updated in blog.....
jammie25

Time to invest in a camera with a really good lens, I think! I wonder why 2 visits only? If you are supervised by the SS, I would have thought any site visit is OK?
sohnaeo
jammie25

That's true, I was told the same, do you know what type of incident was it? I have already requested my SS to inspect the brick work after the acid wash, cant wait till lock up stage. At lock up will get Independent Inspector to inspect it.

Not very sure but SS said something fell over someone and they sued EBH for it.
Kerith
jammie25

Time to invest in a camera with a really good lens, I think! I wonder why 2 visits only? If you are supervised by the SS, I would have thought any site visit is OK?

Nope not anymore. SS was very confident it is somewhere in the contract ( God knows where) that client's are not allowed on site. I was suppose to have someone measure my window for shutters. SS said that has to wait till PCI. Now another expense for temporary blinds till shutter will be made .

jammie25
Kerith
jammie25

Nope not anymore. SS was very confident it is somewhere in the contract ( God knows where) that client's are not allowed on site. I was suppose to have someone measure my window for shutters. SS said that has to wait till PCI. Now another expense for temporary blinds till shutter will be made .

I thought the contract says that you need permission & must be supervised? (can't be bothered finding it) Jammie, aren't your window measurements all on your plan? Can you go off that?
Clause 11

In particular

11.3 (c) "may only have access to the building works at reasonable times and after giving reasonable prior notice for the purposes of inspecting the progress of the building works"

IMO law suit or not you have the "right" as per the contract to go whenever you like : )
Bab81c
Clause 11

In particular

11.3 (c) "may only have access to the building works at reasonable times and after giving reasonable prior notice for the purposes of inspecting the progress of the building works"

IMO law suit or not you have the "right" as per the contract to go whenever you like : )

Well I am sure all this will fade away after few months. It's just a new rule that EB is come up with. No one who builds a house is going to just leave their house to someone to supervise and not worry about it.
If every Tom d and harry wants to visit their site with their SS every two days, having multiple different people come in to quote for window coverings every two seconds as a SS I'd be pretty annoyed too and I'd make up a rule your only allowed 2 inspections.
O M G i just read the last page and a bit and its such a shame that EBH has done such a thing. I think visiting a site every 2 days is a joke, but visiting a site every couple of weeks isn't such a bad idea and definitely worthwhile. I say this because we had paid for high doors for our house and when the frame work was done, they were standard size doors. If we didn't meet with our SS during the build, they would have forgotten about it and would have had to fix it up later, or not at all. I think in limits its ok and makes sense to meet the SS onsite, else it does become annoying.

Anyhow....im glad that my site is open, and i have been able to sneak in, im sure alot of you should be able to do the same. I agree that if something happens to you its your fault, and certainly not Eden Brae's responsibility. Such a shame that 1 person wrecks it for all, but then again, it probably wasn't there fault and Eden Brae are just being cautious.

Anyhow....I have been emailing my SS and have had no response about meeting onsite, and now this has concluded why this is the case. I guess im not to fussed as I have still been able to get onsite
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum