Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Doulton in Geelong

Page 9 of 10
Tiles on today! Finally the floor will dry out, since it's supposed to rain for the next week!
good to know things are moving well.
Still waiting for the facade to be finalised!

The wrap and bricks should be started next week. We are doing an inspection inside next Tuesday.
Question for the experts. Is this an acceptable patch for framework not meeting the standard (overhang)?
Before: After:
Sparkyf
Question for the experts. Is this an acceptable patch for framework not meeting the standard (overhang)?
Before: After:

Ask them for computation and how they guarantee there is enough bond between grout and existing concrete
It's in the construction documentation, allowing for overhang "repairs"!
Sparkyf

That's right, this help them to avoid going back to engineer
Structural.Review
Sparkyf

That's right, this help them to avoid going back to engineer

These details come with limitations, generally not applicable to steel columns supporting double storey section, can you show the whole page which may have additional notes?
That particular one only holds up the garage (metal) roof, and the top lintel with rendered brick. The other side has a steel plate bolted to the slab under the overhang, and holds up the wall and facade. The notes say the following:

Sparkyf
That particular one only holds up the garage (metal) roof, and the top lintel with rendered brick. The other side has a steel plate bolted to the slab under the overhang, and holds up the wall and facade. The notes say the following:

it holds a double storey section, it is very clear this rectification should never been used, read notes number 6 second bullet point, has this been sent to engineer for approval?
Hi Gary, how is the construction progressing?
prash
Hi Gary, how is the construction progressing?

Getting there! We had our frame completed two weeks ago, wrap done, sand arrived, ready to start bricks next!

Bricks now in progress!
Sparkyf
Bricks now in progress!

Great! things are moving. Any commitment from Metricon on the completion date?
Our new SS says he could have it done by Christmas! I told him we want a good job, not a quick job!
Sparkyf
Our new SS says he could have it done by Christmas! I told him we want a good job, not a quick job!

It’s looking good. Congratulations

Mine not far to go

Looking really good now!
How are you coping with Shepparton's covid worries? Is it slowing your build at all?
So far so good. Mine up to internal fix now, most of the major work done anyway.
Following! This is really good, really loving the progress photos
Will set some time aside tonight to go through this entire thread! I really liked the Doulton and Sovereign which were my first two choices. Third choice is the Vantage which I'm currently speccing and getting quotes on due to the lot size.
There is a complete set of pics week by week, and back to the very beginning when we were looking for land!

It's on Instagram, "Doulton.on.Highton"
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum