Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Sentosa 52 Modified

Page 9 of 24

Speeding along!!
Had to run some errands, decided to stop by again. Not much progress, just some more bricks and they sealing up the walls.

They messed up on the pipe location of my toilet though. Hopefully they'll fix it.

Not that much progress this week unfortunately. šŸ˜¢
hey man I don't suppose you can give me some more information on your drone set up? I'm thinking of getting one for myself as we are nearing the start of construction phase. cheers SC
Oh it's just a dji mavic pro fly more combo. Got it like 2 years back for like $1400? It should be cheaper now. The newer versions are quite a bit better. You'll need to connect it to your phone to control it with some of the models, including the mavic pro.
Not much progress just more bricks up. Glad I saved the money on the off white mortar. It looks great as is šŸ˜šŸ˜

Brickwork looks quite clean.
No access to 1st floor anymore but loving that ceiling height šŸ˜.

Freak_Zombie
Oh it's just a dji mavic pro fly more combo. Got it like 2 years back for like $1400? It should be cheaper now. The newer versions are quite a bit better. You'll need to connect it to your phone to control it with some of the models, including the mavic pro.

Thanks for that

Your house is coming along looks great!

More progress in the past 11 days šŸ˜
What wonderful progress. We have chosen the same cabinet colour. I noticed on photos it appear more orange but in real life it is more stylish grey brown. Love the progress! When do you think it will be handover?

Macher
What wonderful progress. We have chosen the same cabinet colour. I noticed on photos it appear more orange but in real life it is more stylish grey brown. Love the progress! When do you think it will be handover?

Thanks mate, they made quite a few mistakes, for example, my laundry they used the same wooden finish to the cupboard when I wanted it as white, they did a floating shelf with a lip which I didn't request for, they door handles for the kitchen for the top shelf shouldn't be there. I didn't request for the area on top of the kitchen cabinets to be filled out. I'll be honest at the showroom they appeared more grey than what I see in my house, looks more brown here. Could be the lighting? Hopefully they didn't charge me for the filled out area

Still waiting for them to replace my ensuite window with the right window. The toilet outlet is still on the right hand side as opposed to the left. (I need it on the left as I'm fixing a smart toilet)

But very impressed at the speed they are moving. What you saw was done in about 10 days. I think there's slim slim chance of a completion of just before Christmas. (Hope not, could use the time to save more money)

The painters that were in yesterday commented that it was the first house they've seen with such a nice and unique layout. They've been painting houses for the past year with about 3- 4 houses per week and mine was the first time they saw a layout like mine. Guess the Sentosa design is really rare.
Looking good man! Any chance of a tour once the house is done for us? lol
dulie
Looking good man! Any chance of a tour once the house is done for us? lol

More than happy to!
Although it'll be pretty bare for the first year, spent too much on the house.

Long way to come for a tour though. lol.
Looking good. How big is it again? Looks bigger then mine. The layout is nice I give you that. You did well with it by the looks of it. I donā€™t think you will get it before Christmas. But itā€™s ok the more they take their time on it the better the finish. Sentosa is one of their better designs. I remember we nearly went for Sentosa. But because we needed 7 bedrooms it didnā€™t suit us. But itā€™s definitely a beautiful design. And you made it even better with your structural changes.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Looking good. How big is it again? Looks bigger then mine. The layout is nice I give you that. You did well with it by the looks of it. I donā€™t think you will get it before Christmas. But itā€™s ok the more they take their time on it the better the finish. Sentosa is one of their better designs. I remember we nearly went for Sentosa. But because we needed 7 bedrooms it didnā€™t suit us. But itā€™s definitely a beautiful design. And you made it even better with your structural changes.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

God no! If anything my house is tiny next to yours. It's only 53 squares. lol
I sincerely hope they won't finish it by Christmas actually. lol.

Thanks I hope my structural changes turn out all right
Freak_Zombie
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

God no! If anything my house is tiny next to yours. It's only 53 squares. lol
I sincerely hope they won't finish it by Christmas actually. lol.

Thanks I hope my structural changes turn out all right

Well you have done well with the space. Donā€™t worry it doesnā€™t look like it will be done before Christmas. Canā€™t wait to see what you picked for inside. Iā€™m sure it will look very nice. You put a lot of effort and thought into it.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
It is really coming along Zombie! Congratulations on a great build. What a monster!!
shokel1975
It is really coming along Zombie! Congratulations on a great build. What a monster!!

Thanks so much!

Visited the site with my supervisor today. There's quite a few mistakes he confirmed were not supposed to be there. For example overhead cabinets are not supposed to have handles for the kitchen. There's not supposed to be a lip on my shelf for the powder room.

Other items need to be confirmed via email. Plus I think they did a few upgrades I didn't ask for. Which clashes with what I want but then, free upgrade?hmmm

The main one being the common bathroom has white cabinets and the powder room has light brown wood grain. The powder room was supposed to be white too but now it's a mismatch. What would you guys do?

Easy fix for colours mistakes, just a door switch. So I'd ask for them to be exchanged.
Not so much progress but more pix from different angles

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All šŸ™‚ We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We donā€™t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum