Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR - Allcastle Homes Grandworth 45 MK2

Page 9 of 19
ymiao4398
happy to say work has started again, final coat of paint was applied and it is looking good. they are now finishing off the install with toliets and taps, as well as the floor coverings.

When is your expected hand over date? We had our tradies working 9/1 I was shocked to say the least but pleased. We are up to filing and painting so hopefully finish a little earlier fingers crossed.
at this point mid feb to end of Feb.

depends on how fast the appliances and flooring can go in
Our house is coming along .Painting, patching and tiling now. There was more patching then i would of liked to be honest, will have a keen eye to see how it finishes up. I know some bricks were damaged and need replacing, so that still needs to be sorted out....
Does anyone know much about the practical completion inspection. It seems that the last 5% is paid, then minor defects are fixed? Im concerned that when they have full payment, they will make every excuse possible to not fix things.
you need to check the contract, i'm fairly sure the invoice is payable even with issues. by law they have to fix it in a timely manner. at least in previous place i brought off the plan the defects was resolved within a week of raising.
love our main flooring, so glad we went with the timber look tiles. not cheap but worth it.
we are near completion, the temporary fencing has been removed, and carpet and flooring all in place, only thing left is the appliances.
Good to hear, you must be excited! All smooth sailing in the final stages and inspections? I cant wait for ours, we have about 6 weeks to go
pretty excited, but also daunted by the fact we have some much landscaping to do in the near future. i am budgeting another 50k to that. hopefully it will be enough.

we haven't got out PCI yet, once that is booked in we will book in the Houspect for a pre-handover inspection.

so far we are happy with the finishes and all that, compared to my friends Clarendon home build it is a lot better in a few areas. like the painting, and the joineries.

one thing we were disappointed by was the pantry, the shelfs are too narrow. should have got a refund on that and find our own carpenter. but apart from that, its been pretty smooth sailing.
Yes so far no major defects and my PCI have some minor window hindge problems , paint etc..overall has been smooth.
Managed to do landscape under 50k included front fence, 11m retaining wall, gutter guard, afresco balustrade, steps, driveway 83m2, land levelling.
In progress to get OC.
can i ask who you used for landscaping? PM is fine. cheers
Concrete driveway done

Write reply...
that is nice. we looking for something similar
our flooring turned out very well. the site has been cleaned up so hoping PCI will be soon.
do you have to have all your landscaping done before you get your occupancy certificate?
i think so, not sure yet, but you will get a interim cert, we getting quotes this weekend. and getting it done as soon as we get handover
ymiao4398
i think so, not sure yet, but you will get a interim cert, we getting quotes this weekend. and getting it done as soon as we get handover

So what do you have to have done before you get it? Driveway and landscaping or you can move in just make sure entry from road to house is done then you can do it once in house cause I’ve seen so many people in their homes with no driveways or landscaping just wondering how it works. Let us know how you go over weekend you can PM if you don’t want to respond here. Thanks
we doing it asap so we can move and it becomes harder to do it later, but the council will give you a interim OC so you can live in it. you need to check with the council
check with your CDC cert at the last page. It list the OC requirement.
For my case no need to do landscape, need vehicle access only (not necessary concrete)
What hold me up is I have to get storm water certified work as executed by hydraulic Eng
LevaneT
check with your CDC cert at the last page. It list the OC requirement.
For my case no need to do landscape, need vehicle access only (not necessary concrete)
What hold me up is I have to get storm water certified work as executed by hydraulic Eng

Awesome will check it. Your storm water was advised early in build correct I think you wrote about before
All they need is to check if the storm water system are in according to the hydraulic design plan.
For normal drainage design plumber should able to certify it.
you also need to check with council for - Section 94 Contributions.
Normally don't required for KDR of single house.
At the end of CDC there should be a paragraph : conditions applying before the issue of OC
Related
15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

25/04/2024
AllCastle Cashback offer 2023

Building A New House

Was the offer also on their website? If so, you could check the Wayback Machine.

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum