Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Hampton with Allworth Homes

Page 9 of 14
Hailsm
18/12/2017- Electrical fit out today yay. It looks amazing with fans and lights installed. Also got shower screens delivered, door hardware fitted and our front intercom installed.

We had a nice storm come through this afternoon so I was challenged by all the slippery clay while trying to get photos

Flood lights on eaves

Baby Girls Room

Up down lights out the front, probably shpuld have put one of them on the front pillar rather than the bricks but oh well.

Ceiling fan, door handles, ixl light in ensuite and shower screen installed. Oh and towel rails

Front door handle + intercom

So happy with how it's all coming together.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89450&start=20
Looking great its all comong together

viewtopic.php?t=88323&f=31&p=1771329#p1771329
H Family
Hailsm
18/12/2017- Electrical fit out today yay. It looks amazing with fans and lights installed. Also got shower screens delivered, door hardware fitted and our front intercom installed.

We had a nice storm come through this afternoon so I was challenged by all the slippery clay while trying to get photos

Flood lights on eaves

Baby Girls Room

Up down lights out the front, probably shpuld have put one of them on the front pillar rather than the bricks but oh well.

Ceiling fan, door handles, ixl light in ensuite and shower screen installed. Oh and towel rails

Thanks it is all coming along, a little disappointed were not in for Christmas but hey by next Christmas we will be very settled in haha.

Yours looks great too, how exciting your almost in

Hailsm
H Family
Hailsm

Flood lights on eaves

Baby Girls Room

Thanks it is all coming along, a little disappointed were not in for Christmas but hey by next Christmas we will be very settled in haha.

Yours looks great too, how exciting your almost in

Yes I get the keys tomorrow. We wont have christmas at our new house this year. Its going to be too hot up in qld

22/12/2017- not alot to report on this week, seems everyone has gone into holiday mode early, every house in the estate is in slow mode this week. Looks like the 2nd shower screen was installed as it's now gone from the garage, house is well and truly locked up and there is no way in to check it out, good though considering were coming into the holiday break so hopefully keep anyone out that shouldn't be in there. I was hoping they would fit our downpipes before the break to stop the site becoming a slippery messy clay pit everytime it rains.

Looking forward to them hitting the ground running in the new year with completion of tiling and final fitouts. Cheers to an exciting new year and having somewhere to call home for good, after 2 years of being unsure of where we are living.

02/01/2018- I was heading out today and as I was turning out of the intersection I seen an Allworth ute go past, I wasn't going to go to the house today but as we live only 7 mins from our build I thought I may aswell follow him
as I drove up my street I seen the gate was unlocked, I then noticed alot of extra rubbish dumped out the front and then realised it was tile boxes. I drove up the side of our construction fence, looked in the back door and they have began our tiles through the main area, either yesterday or this morning
so happy to see they have already made a start for the new year

Yay! That’s great, so close now!!!

I saw another builder at another build around here so drove past my block to see if anything had changed on mine but nothing.

It’s a bit dangerous me being in the same suburb as my build, I’m used to being 2 hours away lol

viewtopic.php?t=89059
03/01/2018- More floor tiling completed and plumbing fit out done, kitchen tap, toilets installed etc.
Also found a card that said roof maintenance was carried out today, not sure exactly what sort of work that entails?

aphsta
Yay! That’s great, so close now!!!

I saw another builder at another build around here so drove past my block to see if anything had changed on mine but nothing.

It’s a bit dangerous me being in the same suburb as my build, I’m used to being 2 hours away lol

viewtopic.php?t=89059
Yep I can't stay away from ours haha. There's barely a day where I don't go out there unless I know they're definately not working on it

04/01/2018- plumber onsite again today, will get photos Friday afternoon when we go out to check the progress

05/01/2018- Down pipes installed, hot water system installed, floor tiles almost complete.

09/01/2018- tiles all complete and grouted

12/01/2018- carpet delivered

15/01/2018- carpet fitted out

16/01/2018- received our final invoice and statement this morning via email which was actually slightly less than what we thought it would be

Also received a phone call this afternoon to book in next Tuesday at 1pm for hand over
very happy, were so close to having our own home again finally.
An hour of excitement went by then it began to dawn on me exactly how much we need to do once we get the keys 🤤

I ordered blinds last week, I will be installing them myself, praying that I measured/ordered them right or I will be in trouble

we need a fence down one side,
driveway and other concreting
Yard levelled
Turf
Get sewage tank pumped out
Get flow sewer system connected
Get new fridge
Letter box
Decorative Lighting - can wait
Paint feature walls - can wait
Plus clean the house, I guess because I've heard the builders clean is very rough.
Then there's moving all our stuff and cleaning the rental were in, I also need to give notice to the real estate to leave our rental, should be able to do all this in a couple weeks right? 🤣🤣🤣

That all sounds very full on, but so exciting!!!
I emailed our window schedule to trend and they decoded it and gave me all the sizes.
Did you find the window sizes were accurate, as in ended in 0 or 5mm, not like 213mm or 217mm, but 215mm iykwim?

viewtopic.php?t=89059
aphsta
I emailed our window schedule to trend and they decoded it and gave me all the sizes.
Did you find the window sizes were accurate, as in ended in 0 or 5mm, not like 213mm or 217mm, but 215mm iykwim?

viewtopic.php?t=89059
It's very exciting, I've been on the phone constantly this morning organising things, I can get sewer connected next wednesday providing I have the plumbing and drainage certificate by Monday and the builder advised I should have it Friday.

I never actually received the full window schedule and didn't have the fall of the windows on the plans so I had to measure it all myself and didn't have much to go off but the width was off by about 5mm here and there from the original house plans.

I found the window schedule on the energy rating certificate.
My CSO didn’t know it was there till I pointed it out to her.

viewtopic.php?t=89059
Hailsm
aphsta

viewtopic.php?t=89059

It's very exciting, I've been on the phone constantly this morning organising things, I can get sewer connected next wednesday providing I have the plumbing and drainage certificate by Monday and the builder advised I should have it Friday.

I never actually received the full window schedule and didn't have the fall of the windows on the plans so I had to measure it all myself and didn't have much to go off but the width was off by about 5mm here and there from the original house plans.

Awesome news, congratulations on getting closer to the finish line. Looks like you have it all under control for post handover, just remember to have some cold beverages in the fridge

And the window schedule should be on your ploor plans on one of the elevation pages.

Fingers crossed things go well for handover.
aphsta
I found the window schedule on the energy rating certificate.
My CSO didn’t know it was there till I pointed it out to her.

viewtopic.php?t=89059
Hmm interesting I'll look ours up when I get a chance
started packing today so here we go

mrbiggens
Hailsm
aphsta

viewtopic.php?t=89059

Awesome news, congratulations on getting closer to the finish line. Looks like you have it all under control for post handover, just remember to have some cold beverages in the fridge

And the window schedule should be on your ploor plans on one of the elevation pages.

Fingers crossed things go well for handover.
Yeah pretty well thought of everything I thought until lunch time today when I realised I hadn't organised garbage bins or building insurance, so that's all arranged now too.

Oh don't worry I will make sure there are plenty of cold bevvies available for move in lol

I seriously can not wait to have somewhere that is ours to call home again, settle in and enjoy our lives in a suburb at the foot of the watagan mountains.

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum