Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Valeco Homes

Page 9 of 10
_sallz
If you have a disclaimer note on your working drawings? are they extra costs?
"new sewer house connection point required to lot 2 apprx connection point shown"

Would think all new blocks would require connection to sewer in the back of the block :S

This may be a bit late but...

All new subdivisions include sewer lines - these are likely to be located in the road reserve (if your block slopes towards the road) or in an easement (if your block slopes away from the road). These common sewer lines are not the same as "connections" though, which is where your sewer system tees into the nearest common line. This is probably because the location of the connection will be dictated by your house layout and siting, therefore there's no point in the subdivision developer putting in random connections ahead of time.
Thanks iTool
Looks like Valeco have fallen afoul of the QBCC a few times recently... a licence history search shows they've been issued:

Can anyone advise me of their start date of construction and their end date with Valeco Homes? Just wondering how long your build took. Also what was the estimated build time.

Thanks!
iTool
Looks like Valeco have fallen afoul of the QBCC a few times recently... a licence history search shows they've been issued:

• 2 directions to rectify structural work in 2017, plus 1 more in 2018
  • an infringement notice and fine in December for failure to provide adequate personal supervision of works

In case anyone is still following this general thread, it looks like:

Received from Valeco today:

Dear Sir/Madam

RE: Valeco Homes Twelve Month Warranty

We trust that you are very happy and satisfied with your new home and we have a special announcement regarding our company.

We are pleased to announce that Val Eco Homes Pty Ltd is now powered by Rimfire Homes Pty Ltd moving forward as and from Wednesday, 10 July 2019. As a result, this will increase our capacity and ability to build by over 50% and we are looking forward to building more homes for Queenslanders not only for owners but for investors as well.

As you are aware, you have statutory warranties for twelve (12) months with our company. Given our changes, you may receive a notice from the QBCC with respect to your statutory warranties. We are writing to you today to confirm that your statutory warranties are well protected and as and from Wednesday, 10 July 2019 will be covered by Val Eco Homes powered by RFHD Group QBCC licence number 1305358

This is not to be confused with Rimfire Constructions which has nothing to do with Rimfire Homes in any way, shape or form including Directors, Shareholders or otherwise.

If you have any queries in regards to the above (or a new home for you) please contact our sales team on 07 3490 3888.

Kind regards
While they're trying to spin it as a positive in terms of "capacity to build", Rimfire Homes' MR Category is only $30-60M - Valeco were $60-120M prior to cancelling their licence today.

Rimfire Homes' website indicates that they are focussed investors and FHOs... Can't find any reviews online, though a QBCC license search reveals they also received a direction to remedy defect (structural) last year.

While I'm sure Valeco are happy to see their own QBCC license history fall out of scrutiny, it's worth noting that in the period 2017-2018 they had:

It also looks like they let their most popular supervisor go late last year "due to poor sales" (not my words).
A quick bit of research also shows that the following staff have also been let go (or jumped ship) in the past year.

September 2018 - Marketing Coordinator
November 2018 - Display Home Interior Designer
January 2019 - General Manager
February 2019 - Construction Manager

All I know is I'd hate to have a build currently in progress with them... anyone here still awaiting practical completion with Valeco and have further news?
We are currently building with them and build has gone into snail pace since the changes.
iTool
A quick bit of research also shows that the following staff have also been let go (or jumped ship) in the past year.

September 2018 - Marketing Coordinator
November 2018 - Display Home Interior Designer
January 2019 - General Manager
February 2019 - Construction Manager

All I know is I'd hate to have a build currently in progress with them... anyone here still awaiting practical completion with Valeco and have further news?

Heard bad news from a neighbour about Valeco.

I’m waiting for an email to confirm on their situation but doesnt look good.
cory
We are currently building with them and build has gone into snail pace since the changes.

What stage are you at?
iTool

Dear Sir/Madam

We trust that you are very happy and satisfied with your new home and we have a special announcement regarding our company.

We are pleased to announce that Val Eco Homes Pty Ltd is now powered by Rimfire Homes Pty Ltd moving forward as and from Wednesday, 10 July 2019. As a result, this will increase our capacity and ability to build by over 50% and we are looking forward to building more homes for Queenslanders not only for owners but for investors as well.

As you are aware, you have statutory warranties for twelve (12) months with our company. Given our changes, you may receive a notice from the QBCC with respect to your statutory warranties. We are writing to you today to confirm that your statutory warranties are well protected and as and from Wednesday, 10 July 2019 will be covered by Val Eco Homes powered by RFHD Group QBCC licence number 1305358

This is not to be confused with Rimfire Constructions which has nothing to do with Rimfire Homes in any way, shape or form including Directors, Shareholders or otherwise.

If you have any queries in regards to the above (or a new home for you) please contact our sales team on 07 3490 3888.

Kind regards

Have u receive any most updated news from them?
cory
iTool

Dear Sir/Madam

Kind regards

Pm’d
cory
iTool

Dear Sir/Madam

Kind regards

Hi Cory, I've been advised by Rimfire that Valeco are now in voluntary administration.
iTool
cory
iTool

Dear Sir/Madam

Kind regards

Hi Cory, I've been advised by Rimfire that Valeco are now in voluntary administration.

But didn’t rimfire acquire all of valeco’s current builds? If you signed the deed of assignment which transferred your build over to rimfire, it should be fine.
That may be the case, but I understand that anyone who is post handover who may have otherwise needed to interact further with Valeco (e.g. for defects) now needs to contact the solvency administrator, contrary to the previous email communication issued by Valeco.
Hey all,

So our handover was November last year, we still have outstanding defects with Valeco, so does that mean Rimfire will not do these? Sorry I'm so confused.
iTool
That may be the case, but I understand that anyone who is post handover who may have otherwise needed to interact further with Valeco (e.g. for defects) now needs to contact the solvency administrator, contrary to the previous email communication issued by Valeco.

Definitely true itool. Looks like Rimfire Homes are picking and choosing who they wish to help, and then referring every other Valeco build to the administrator. It's a complete contradiction to the email we received from Valeco/Rimfire homes a week prior saying that Rimfire Homes would look after their customers. Rimfire has stopped approval for any repair under warranty that has already been built... homes that are still littered with defects, such as ours and a handful of others are once again left neglected.

Based on the way we have been treated during this entire process, I would stay clear from both Valeco and Rimfire Homes and any association with either of these two companies. Morally wrong, and disgusting way to treat customers. I feel sorry for the staff that are now left from Valeco homes, who I am sure are left wondering what to do.
Tashmc
Hey all,

So our handover was November last year, we still have outstanding defects with Valeco, so does that mean Rimfire will not do these? Sorry I'm so confused.

Yes, it appears so

The new owners are only happy to take over existing projects or new projects. However have registered the same name Valeco Homes, with the tagline 'powered by RFHD group'.

This is what we were sent...
"Unfortunately, any properties built under contracts by Valeco Homes Pty Ltd are now in the hands of Moreton’s Solvency Accountants. Valeco Homes Pty Ltd is no longer trading.
Due to this, we do not have the access or authorisation to complete any further works at your property."
Tashmc
Hey all,

Contact them to clarify, but that is my understanding.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum