Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sekisui | Burbank - Cedarwood1828

Page 9 of 43
Don't feel bad - we love seeing positive updates! I feel bad about posting gloomy ones all the time!!
The_Joneses
Don't feel bad - we love seeing positive updates! I feel bad about posting gloomy ones all the time!!

Ok, i guess I like reading both good and bad, for me, seeing others stories preps us for our own build and how to deal with issues if they arise.

Well, no roof tiles delivered and no site clean today. Maybe they will clean after roof done. They did get roof safety stuff up though.

Great progress (don't want to jinx you though!)
Bricks are looking fabulous.
Can I ask how much extra the brick infills cost above the garage? (Yeah I'm jealous 😉)

yvonneh
Great progress (don't want to jinx you though!)
Bricks are looking fabulous.
Can I ask how much extra the brick infills cost above the garage? (Yeah I'm jealous 😉)

Don't worry I feel like I'm going to jinx myself every time I post lately

Hmm they must of changed price model because brick infill was included as standard for entire house.

So roof starting next week.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
shazaw
So roof starting next week.

I hope so. No roof tile delivery today either. Really wanted to catch the delivery and maybe even them working on it to make sure the right tiles were delivered (supplier change) and sarking is done before tiles get laid.

Photos from ceramics / pottery. Some of our stuff got finished!

Before firing (teapot)

After firing

And some cups from last batch. Clear matte on outside white gloss inside.

Love your ceramics! Very stylish!!
Oh man, some other students are like artists compared to us

The_Joneses
Love your ceramics! Very stylish!!

Thanks btw

Nice ceramics! You are making extras for us ...right
one for yvonneh... one for trimum...one for The_Joneses... anyone else ...please put your order here. LOL Just one tea cup for me ... hehe

shazaw
one for yvonneh... one for trimum...one for The_Joneses... anyone else ...please put your order here. LOL Just one tea cup for me ... hehe

Haha I guess I could... but they won't be well made...Need lots of practice still. We're currently thinking of an exit plan, buy our own tools and hand building wheel and then bring our stuff to get glazed and fired in Marrackville. The classes are abit expensive and we're not learning new things. If anyone has watched Jiro dreams of sushi - not allowed to cook eggs until you have worked there for 10 years - this teacher is sometimes like Jiro. Haha. We're not allowed to knead clay or use the big wheel until we meet her expectations. Haha.

Right now the plan is try make a few sets of these old school china style tea sets with shot glass sized sipping cups before we finish.

We have roofers today! Was starting to get worried cos tiles were meant to be delivered on last Friday. Excuse the creepy photo, there was no where else to stop at the time.

Also didn't know sarking was 2 layers. Looks like one membrane then battens then a reflective layer ontop. Will get a closer look later

Roof tiles delivered. They're on a roll - first bricks were correct now roof tiles too!

And it was 1 layer sarking, the photo above must of been laying sarking and moving battens ontop.

Woo hoo, roof tiles!
your SS is on the roll.

ehhc
Roof tiles delivered. They're on a roll - first bricks were correct now roof tiles too!

And it was 1 layer sarking, the photo above must of been laying sarking and moving battens ontop.

Your roof tiles are on the street. Safe?

Should be OK. Other sites do the same and hasn't been touched in weeks.
It's silly to be happy about the correct product arriving isn't it haha. It should happen as standard. We've had error in wet area step down, wrong kitchen door and wrong entrance frame. Just refreshing to see things delivered correctly for a change.

shazaw

What sort of tea cup? Can you post a photo so I can see the style and size?

ehhc
shazaw

Really!! I'm only joking!! I'm sure its take times to make. At the same time you did be expert once you finished doing one for H1 friends. haha

shazaw
ehhc
shazaw

Really!! I'm only joking!! I'm sure its take times to make. At the same time you did be expert once you finished doing one for H1 friends. haha

Yeah why not. Unlikely it will be made before we quit the class so might have to wait until we get our own equipment. Just show us what you like... good for ideas too

Related
22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum