Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Manhattan 23 - Coral Homes (Week 18: Flooring, Carpet....)

Page 9 of 20
Bridgetwitch
Congratulations!!! That's so exciting... really happy for you.

We are still waiting for registration (and for a solution to the manhole in our drive!)

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

Thank you!!!! Oh no, it seems never ending for you with issues and awaiting registration - I hope it all works out soon!
StephLee
Caydenn
Wooooooooooo!!! So happy for you, your BA will be here in absolutely no time.

All that hard work has paid off and nobody can take what you've achieved away from you!

Can't wait to see you guys move to the next stage
!

We are going to be so similiar in timing! I can't wait until we are actually building

I know! We will have to swing around and say Hi some time!
Caydenn
StephLee
Caydenn
Wooooooooooo!!! So happy for you, your BA will be here in absolutely no time.

All that hard work has paid off and nobody can take what you've achieved away from you!

Can't wait to see you guys move to the next stage
!

We are going to be so similiar in timing! I can't wait until we are actually building

I know! We will have to swing around and say Hi some time!

Yes for sure, I already told my partner we will be driving up to creep your build when it starts haha
StephLee
Yes for sure, I already told my partner we will be driving up to creep your build when it starts haha

Hahaha, We drove through Riverstone crossing the other day and my partner and I were both saying I wonder where Steph's block is?

Can't wait for you to start I hope you have great neighbours as well we have been blessed with some great neighbours on our right hand side who are so keen to work together for our builds
Caydenn
StephLee

Hahaha, We drove through Riverstone crossing the other day and my partner and I were both saying I wonder where Steph's block is?

Can't wait for you to start I hope you have great neighbours as well we have been blessed with some great neighbours on our right hand side who are so keen to work together for our builds

I hope so too! Lucky our block has retaining on one side already and the block on the other side will need to retain so we will have at least 2+ metres between each neighbour, yay!

I private messaged you our lot in case you guys are ever in the area again.
Hey Steph did you guys get roof sarking? Just found out it isn't included
[quote="Caydenn"]Hey Steph did you guys get roof sarking? Just found out it isn't included
/quote]
I actually don't know... below is the only place is says 'sarking' in our tender.. I thought it was included because we have BAL rating? I hope so

Because we extended our master bedroom, it says below includes something underside of roof sarking which makes me think we have it even though its not listed anywhere? So confused!

So all we have heard from Coral since land registering (after pushing for information) is that it was submitted to Private Certifier on Tuesday 11/10/2017 (we got an email confirmation from the certifiers office) and that it will be at least 6 weeks before we have building approval..

I feel like everyone else had so much more information than we have at the moment! Does that sound right?
StephLee
So all we have heard from Coral since land registering (after pushing for information) is that it was submitted to Private Certifier on Tuesday (we got an email confirmation from the certifiers office) and that it will be at least 6 weeks before we have building approval..

I feel like everyone else had so much more information than we have at the moment! Does that sound right?

You will find the information about Sarking in the elegance inclusions agreement you signed under the "Roofing Section".

Because you have been waiting so long for registration everything else is actually already arranged so they just need BA to get you moving.

Things will go quiet for you now for a while and then they will give you a call when you receive BA. But to answer your question there isn't much more info for them to pass to you at the moment it's in the hands on the certifier now

You are so close now Steph
Caydenn
StephLee
So all we have heard from Coral since land registering (after pushing for information) is that it was submitted to Private Certifier on Tuesday (we got an email confirmation from the certifiers office) and that it will be at least 6 weeks before we have building approval..

You will find the information about Sarking in the elegance inclusions agreement you signed under the "Roofing Section".

Because you have been waiting so long for registration everything else is actually already arranged so they just need BA to get you moving.

Things will go quiet for you now for a while and then they will give you a call when you receive BA. But to answer your question there isn't much more info for them to pass to you at the moment it's in the hands on the certifier now

Oh okay, cool! So impatient haha. I want to at least have the site scraped before Christmas, maybe even a slab... Can't find the word sarking anywhere in our inclusions agreement, is there anything else it would be called?

This is what is says for insulation:
StephLee
Caydenn
StephLee

Oh okay, cool! So impatient haha. I want to at least have the site scraped before Christmas, maybe even a slab... Can't find the word sarking anywhere in our inclusions agreement, is there anything else it would be called?

Have a look at point 8 on that form
Caydenn
StephLee

Have a look at point 8 on that form

NOOOOOOO! But we have a colourbond roof so thats not even right

StephLee

Don't even stress then
Sarking is really more necessary for a tiled roof as moisture and dust can get under the tiles where as colourbond is a solid piece of metal can't be penetrated.
Caydenn
StephLee

Don't even stress then
Sarking is really more necessary for a tiled roof as moisture and dust can get under the tiles where as colourbond is a solid piece of metal can't be penetrated.

Haha, okay good, I started freaking out about another cost.. are you guys going to add it now? How much is it?
StephLee
Haha, okay good, I started freaking out about another cost.. are you guys going to add it now? How much is it?

I don't even know
They are saying they may need management approval to even get a quote because of the potential build delays a change like that may make.

Because we are narrow lot design though we get a 25 degree roof pitch which apparently is much more resistant to any of the pre mentioned issues.
Caydenn
StephLee

I don't even know
They are saying they may need management approval to even get a quote because of the potential build delays a change like that may make.

Because we are narrow lot design though we get a 25 degree roof pitch which apparently is much more resistant to any of the pre mentioned issues.

How annoying!
I hope it gets sorted quickly so you can start building, you will for sure be started before us.
Caydenn
StephLee

I don't even know

I asked our CSO - it's included but not listed in our tender.. strange..

"I have asked the estimator and Yes we can confirm roof sarking is included in your contract"
Caydenn
StephLee

I don't even know

When we were going through quotes for coral, our price came back at just under $2500 for sarking

Our First Home - Building with Valeco in Brookhaven Estate

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89162
breebarter
Caydenn
StephLee

I don't even know

When we were going through quotes for coral, our price came back at just under $2500 for sarking

Our First Home - Building with Valeco in Brookhaven Estate

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89162

So expensive! Everything really adds up

I found the COOLEST free online software! You upload your house plans and they create the basic floor plan for you and you can then go in and decorate it in your colours and add furnishings to give you an idea of what your house will look like. I haven't finished mine yet but this is what it looks like so far and if you click the link it has a fly through video

I have been mostly using it to see where we are going to put furniture and see how our windows will look

Fly Through / Video Link: https://goo.gl/wUATY9
Software: Archilogic

Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum