Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New here we are building the Doulton 56 with extension

Page 9 of 77
stanus
at the moment I have not got my plans. That's the next stage with the prelim. contract. Early stages at the moment
The plan I have is of the Doulton but not the display. It is evident from the kitchen were the gas cooker is not next to the window but were the ovens are in the display.
here is the display plan pic of the kitchen
http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh490/stano73/20170311_194014_zpsfrcp8qe6.jpg

Yeah the ones you have here is the normal plans. Which measure the bench at 3280 which is just over 3 meters. If your getting the display one. The appliance bench is longer.

We are building in Berwick Waters in Melbourne. What about you? We deposited in March last year when the promotion was pay 80k and get 30k.
Doulton777
Oh I just remembered I think there's about two other people building the doulton. Can't wait to see everyone's progress.

We are building in Berwick Waters in Melbourne. What about you? We deposited in March last year when the promotion was pay 80k and get 30k. Most probably the construction should start by May beginning or mid.
Wow that's a long admin journey!
dulie

Ya we have lots of variations Which took so long.
Sanuaka
We are building in Berwick Waters in Melbourne. What about you? We deposited in March last year when the promotion was pay 80k and get 30k.

Truganina. We wanted to shift somewhere different as we lived around Sydenham caroline springs hillside area for 26 years. We wanted to live In a different area altogether. A bit bored with this area.

What do you mean pay $80k get $30k? Do you mean pay 30k and 80k worth?

Sanuaka
dulie

Really that long? We have a lot too. But we only signed in October and are starting next month. Hopefully if all goes well. That's a long time to wait.

Doulton777
Sanuaka

Truganina. We wanted to shift somewhere different as we lived around Sydenham caroline springs hillside area for 26 years. We wanted to live In a different area altogether. A bit bored with this area.

No what I wrote was right. I was not happy with it but had no options so we had to go ahead with it. Wowwww 26 years is a long time and you certainly need a change. Good on you. When is your's starting? I really want to see how the facade comes out.
Sanuaka
Doulton777
Sanuaka

No what I wrote was right. I was not happy with it but had no options so we had to go ahead with it. Wowwww 26 years is a long time and you certainly need a change. Good on you. When is your's starting? I really want to see how the facade comes out.

Ok so let me get this right. You payed $80k to get $30k of upgrades?

Hopefully April. You picked the same facade?

We got told the doulton came out in April? That's when we first started looking at Metricon.

Doulton777
Sanuaka
dulie

Really that long? We have a lot too. But we only signed in October and are starting next month. Hopefully if all goes well. That's a long time to wait.

Actually there was some delay from Metricon and from us too. We got our PC in October then Studio M appointment in January. Did you get 4 days for selection including tiling? We did 3 days in January then tiling in mid Feb.
Sanuaka
Doulton777
Sanuaka
[quote="dulie"]Wow that's a long admin journey!

Actually there was some delay from Metricon and from us too. We got our PC in October then Studio M appointment in January. Did you get 4 days for selection including tiling? We did 3 days in January then tiling in mid Feb.[/quote]

We signed in October. Got our studio m in January 16 for electrical, then 19th we had our colour selections. Only one day thou. As we knew pretty much what we wanted. They were surprised it took only one day considering it was so big with a lot of variations. Then we had our tile appointment at Beaumont on march 3rd. As apparently designers can't pick their tiles at studio m.

Sorry the promotion was pay 50k and get 80k. We picked Wembley facade. OMG we were also there on 19th. We must have seen each other then. We had 17th, 19th and 20th then tiling on 16th Feb.
Sanuaka
Sorry the promotion was pay 50k and get 80k. We picked Wembley facade. OMG we were also there on 19th. We must have seen each other then. We had 17th, 19th and 20th then tiling on 16th Feb.

Probably lol. They gave you 3 days? They only gave us 2. Crazy considering our house is so big. Even with the tiles. They booked us in for 1.5 hours. And then I emailed my csc. And told her that's not going to be enough. Then they changed it too 3. But we took 4-5 hours. Did you pick your tiles there? Or Beaumont?

Sanuaka

Oh ok. That sounds better lol. I was thinking you got totally ripped off. Did you know the Wembley is a new facade? That's why you can't find it anywhere.

Doulton777
Sanuaka

Probably lol. They gave you 3 days? They only gave us 2. Crazy considering our house is so big. Even with the tiles. They booked us in for 1.5 hours. And then I emailed my csc. And told her that's not going to be enough. Then they changed it too 3. But we took 4-5 hours. Did you pick your tiles there? Or Beaumont?

Beaumont tiles in Okhleigh. Did you too go there?
Doulton777
Sanuaka

Oh ok. That sounds better lol. I was thinking you got totally ripped off. Did you know the Wembley is a new facade? That's why you can't find it anywhere.

Yes but we have same facade display here in Tullialin but as it's a small house so can't figure out much. Did you remove the entry door for pantry? We closed it and got a double door cupboard there.
Sanuaka
Doulton777
Sanuaka

Beaumont tiles in Okhleigh. Did you too go there?

Ours was in hopper crossing. We picked it there cos we liked that one.

Sanuaka
Doulton777
Sanuaka

Yes but we have same facade display here in Tullialin but as it's a small house so can't figure out much. Did you remove the entry door for pantry? We closed it and got a double door cupboard there.

Yeah I seen that little one. But I don't count that lol as it's not that big.

That's a good idea. Never thought of that. We left the door.

Look what I found

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/h ... 03682f9c14

I've been there a few times now.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum