Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Crystal Waters, North Kellyville

Page 9 of 9
Resident
Hi everyone, we are thinking in building in CW, appreciate if you could share experience with the slope?

Hi mate,
Slope wasn’t too much of an issue. More the BAL rating that you need to be careful of.
mo123
For those who have built (or are building) in the estate just wanted to see if you were hit with a section 94 charge from council. My understanding is it is a charge for the extra services they will need to provide to the area to service developments such as these however wondering if there is any exemption given we are on community property.

Cheers

Hi Did anyone had to pay this section 94 fees to the council? How much did it cost like?
Hi Everyone,

Anyone completed building? Just would like to know the rough cost to build a decent size home in CW?
Resident
Hi Everyone,

Anyone completed building? Just would like to know the rough cost to build a decent size home in CW?

I have always used the rule of whatever you paI’d for the land, you will spend that again on the build
Hi all, Can I please know who you are building with?
kisakib
mo123
For those who have built (or are building) in the estate just wanted to see if you were hit with a section 94 charge from council. My understanding is it is a charge for the extra services they will need to provide to the area to service developments such as these however wondering if there is any exemption given we are on community property.

Cheers

Hi Did anyone had to pay this section 94 fees to the council? How much did it cost like?

Good evening all

If you check your 10.7 certificate for your land (the old 149 certificate) that you should have received in your contract of Sale it will tell you if the Section 94 contributions are required

Cheers
Graham
Good morning all.. thank you for commenting on my earlier queries. Appreciate your help..
We are talking to a few builders and the site cost seems to be a bit expensive. Can i check with you roughly how much it was?
Thanks!
Hi there,

We are looking to possibly buy land in CW. We were looking at Lot 50 or 51. I’m wondering why there is so much land still available. I understand there is a slope and BAL to worry about. What have been people’s site costs etc on top of the actual build? Not sure if there is anything we should know before proceeding further.

Thank you for your help!
samren
Hi there,

We are looking to possibly buy land in CW. We were looking at Lot 50 or 51. I’m wondering why there is so much land still available. I understand there is a slope and BAL to worry about. What have been people’s site costs etc on top of the actual build? Not sure if there is anything we should know before proceeding further.

Thank you for your help!

I think we are at approx $100k extra. Covers drop edge beams and BAL
jamescr
samren
Hi there,

Thank you for your help!

Thank you. Has the BAL rating remained the same at 29?
samren
jamescr
samren
Hi there,

Thank you for your help!

Thank you. Has the BAL rating remained the same at 29?

Yes, but I believe the front facade on blocks down that side of Whitsunday cct are BAL 19
Hi Jamescr, just wondering what bal rating did you have that costed you 100k extra? Did your build end up being FZ?

jamescr
samren
Hi there,

Thank you for your help!

LoveHouse
Hi Jamescr, just wondering what bal rating did you have that costed you 100k extra? Did your build end up being FZ?

jamescr
samren
Hi there,

Thank you for your help!

We came back as 29 to the front, and 40 to sides and rear. Cost was about $40k
Related
5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

28/08/2023
Signature at Kellyville

General Discussion

Do not fall in that trap.

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros